2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

17 minutes ago, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

This site here

Eeeh, there's a lot of uniform gaps here; just looking at the NHL, the Bruins don't have any of their jerseys from the 20's-40's unlike on NHLUniforms. Toronto's only starts at 58-59, the Rangers' jerseys only start at 1976 , Detroit only starts at '86 and Chicago's only starts at 1996.

Hell, a few of the defunct teams straight-up just don't have uniforms listed on this site, like the Tigers, Pirates or Maroons.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Eeeh, there's a lot of uniform gaps here; just looking at the NHL, the Bruins don't have any of their jerseys from the 20's-40's unlike on NHLUniforms. Toronto's only starts at 58-59, the Rangers' jerseys only start at 1976 , Detroit only starts at '86 and Chicago's only starts at 1996.

Hell, a few of the defunct teams straight-up just don't have uniforms listed on this site, like the Tigers, Pirates or Maroons.

Yeah, not to mention inconsistencies in image size and the templates used. This site is decent, but it's far from complete and it doesn't come close to the scope of what NHLuniforms did: Keeping track of the various manufacturer's tags throughout the 80s and 90s, as well as all the anniversary, memorial, and All-Star Game patches. Hopefully that site gets up and running again.

I don't know how it's possible for Fanatics to get it so wrong.  Found at my local Canadian Tire.  There were at least three.  They were high up in the air, so I couldn't tell, but I'm guessing the whole rack is like that.   All selling for $200.  For those that can't see, there's a silver outline on the numbers and NOB.  At least, they spelled his name correct.

spacer.png

On 12/3/2023 at 1:58 PM, chcarlson23 said:

It sounds like there’s many talented artists swapping from Adidas to Fanatics, and we’ll probably see some decent new sweaters, (and some duds too, but everyone has had both.) So from a what’s-on-the-ice stand point, I less worried about Fanatics. 

But of course buying any new jerseys, or any other retail item from them is going to be awful. 🙄

22 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Eric Bodamer, known around here when you and I were mere tots as ebod39, posted last week that he was making the jump.

Brian Gundell, who also had frequented on the forums many moons ago is also at Fanatics NHL division.  He had worked on the Coachella Valley Firebirds identity in the AHL, which gives you a look at some of his work.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, M4One said:

I don't know how it's possible for Fanatics to get it so wrong.  Found at my local Canadian Tire.  There were at least three.  They were high up in the air, so I couldn't tell, but I'm guessing the whole rack is like that.   All selling for $200.  For those that can't see, there's a silver outline on the numbers and NOB.  At least, they spelled his name correct.

spacer.png

It appears silver, but its just how the Fanatics Breakaway jersey numbers look.  I have a Lightning jersey and it looks similar.  I think it's to "replicate" the white stitching.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TBGKon said:

It appears silver, but its just how the Fanatics Breakaway jersey numbers look.  I have a Lightning jersey and it looks similar.  I think it's to "replicate" the white stitching.

It's unacceptable either way.  It just makes it look like a very expensive bootleg.

Agency looks horrible with an outline, especially if said outline is indistinguishable at a distance of more than a few feet...  And they didn't  even use the same silver as the logo...

Anyone know if there will still be Authentics*?

*with the fight strap

On 12/4/2023 at 3:01 PM, ruttep said:

By the way, nhluniforms.com has been down for several days now -- if it's gone forever, does anyone know any other good NHL uniform databases?

The proprietor posts here. Hey @AndrewG70 what's goin on

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

13 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

Agency looks horrible with an outline, especially if said outline is indistinguishable at a distance of more than a few feet...  And they didn't  even use the same silver as the logo...

Anyone know if there will still be Authentics*?

*with the fight strap

Fanatics has said they're going to use the same factory in Quebec that Adidas uses to make the authentic jerseys, so it seems like only the logo on the back of the collar will be changing for at least a few years.

I'm guessing we'll see an even bigger gap in quality between the authentics & the replicas though.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, the admiral said:

The proprietor posts here. Hey @AndrewG70 what's goin on

"I wish I had a better update. Since Friday, I have called GoDaddy 18 times to try to get the website back up and running. So far, those 18 calls have gone precisely nowhere. It's gotten to the point where I have screamed at the top of my lungs at least two times and used some colorful language on at least three other occasions. Do know that I'm working very diligently to get the site back online."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

"I wish I had a better update. Since Friday, I have called GoDaddy 18 times to try to get the website back up and running. So far, those 18 calls have gone precisely nowhere. It's gotten to the point where I have screamed at the top of my lungs at least two times and used some colorful language on at least three other occasions. Do know that I'm working very diligently to get the site back online."

Its back up and running.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 12/4/2023 at 7:00 PM, ruttep said:

Canes are wearing white helmets tonight - my guess is it's because they are playing in Calgary later on this road trip, where they can't wear red helmets, so they decided to just bring white.

Calgary will be wearing black as it is one of their previously scheduled Blasty games. Carolina would have known that before departing on the road so maybe they just decided to go white for white’s sake on this trip?