2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

The Rangers and Flyers are decent.  I actually like what the Flyers did more than their actual jerseys.  New Jersey and NY are atrocious.  This trend of Dark striping on dark bases needs to die.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

There is plenty of contrast here…

Black on red is always a tough contrast. I could see the logos and numbers being okay because of the size but there's no way the names are going to be visible at a distance, especially football stadium hockey distance.

IbjBaeE.png

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the Rangers. It's just a Rangers jersey with several design elements blown up to comically large proportions. They didn't make a complete fool of themselves.

Islanders jersey is completely terrible. They make TV numbers massive to help fans in the stands see them, but navy on orange is a way bigger obstacle to legibility than that. The Islanders also join the list of teams to wear a nickname on their jersey.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Devils is about what I expected all of these teams to do. Looks like one of the 2019 Stadium Series jerseys

spacer.png

Flyers jersey is fine. They showed a surprising amount of restraint on that jersey. Not sure how it's even close to the worst, let alone worst by far.

• Like 3

It amazes me how every single new Islanders look that has been released in the past half-decade or so is completely devoid of any character. It's like they have a checklist that every new look be basic and in navy and orange. I'm almost impressed by how hard they are trying. Like seriously, the Stadium Series is one thing, but how in the world do you mess up a Fisherman-era Reverse Retro uniform as bad as they did?

As an aside, here's how I would rank the Stadium Series looks this year:

1- Rangers

2 - Devils

3 - Flyers

4 - Islanders

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

1 minute ago, SSmith48 said:

It amazes me how every single new Islanders look that has been released in the past half-decade or so is completely devoid of any character. It's like they have a checklist that every new look be basic and in navy and orange. I'm almost impressed by how hard they are trying. Like seriously, the Stadium Series is one thing, but how in the world do you mess up a Fisherman-era Reverse Retro uniform as bad as they did?

Lou Lamoriello

• Like 4

Predictions for the helmet/pants colors:

Rangers: white helmet, same red pants they use for every uniform

Islanders: navy helmet, navy pants

Devils: black helmet, black pants

Flyers: white helmet, black pants (I think they might've gone with a black helmet if not for the rule that teams cannot wear the same color helmet as their opponent)

spacer.png

Found a picture of the Flyers uniform with a player actually wearing it. Seems to confirm black pants, and, strangely, black helmets. I assumed the Devils would be in black helmets, and under current rules, the Flyers wouldn't be able to. Maybe they got an exception from the league to do so

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I assumed the Devils would be in black helmets, and under current rules, the Flyers wouldn't be able to. Maybe they got an exception from the league to do so

Pittsburgh & Philly both wore black helmets in the Stadium Series a few years back. It seems like there's different standards for the outdoor games.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I guess I'm in the minority thinking that all 4 of these are absolute garbage.

I'm on the same boat. I know Stadium Series jerseys are often outlandish but this stinks. I do not like the comically large numbers and wordmarks.

Way to go Islanders for trying. I see they worked real hard on that. They have the look of a school paper clearly written the night before. 

XM4KeeA.png