2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

9 hours ago, B3N said:

How is the NBA even allowing that Nuggets jersey? Don't they have a rule against numbers on a jersey that aren't the players'? I thought that's why every 76ers jersey has used 'SIXERS' or 'PHILA' on the front instead of the actual nickname.

• Like 4

what an incredibly disappointing year. these teams and nike have completely lost it. some of them have redeeming potential. like the wizards one isnt too shabby in terms of creativity. but i think we can officially say nike is running out of material and i dont mean just in a creative aspect but also physically too. is nike out of ink or something? i know i said this but every team this year is roughly having a black jersey or a jersey that's in a color they've already worn recently. i was hoping there would be an out of blue color but theres literally nothing. raptors have worn gold for years, jazz and suns are already purple teams (or at least the jazz try to be), the hornets are just wearing teal, etc. etc. closest we got is the kings wearing blue but they already had that same exact red and blue from a few years ago

even design wise everything looks cheap. like the nuggets are just bringing back the same template they used three years in a row from like 2018 to 2021. we already seen how hilariously bad the mavericks and bulls are the way there's absolutely nothing going for them but a name and number. and even then they've managed to screw those up with the terribly small size proportions. same thing applies to a lot of these jerseys. no out of the box designing or anything. everything's just a name and number. maybe lucky to see anything showing on the sides of the jersey. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, pelicanfan said:

what an incredibly disappointing year. these teams and nike have completely lost it. some of them have redeeming potential. like the wizards one isnt too shabby in terms of creativity. but i think we can officially say nike is running out of material and i dont mean just in a creative aspect but also physically too. is nike out of ink or something? i know i said this but every team this year is roughly having a black jersey or a jersey that's in a color they've already worn recently. i was hoping there would be an out of blue color but theres literally nothing. raptors have worn gold for years, jazz and suns are already purple teams (or at least the jazz try to be), the hornets are just wearing teal, etc. etc. closest we got is the kings wearing blue but they already have that same exact red and blue from a few years ago

even design wise everything looks cheap. like the nuggets are just bringing back the same template they used three years in a row from like 2018 to 2021. we already seen how hilariously bad the mavericks and bulls are the way there's absolutely nothing going for them but a name and number. and even then they've managed to screw those up with the terribly small size proportions. same thing applies to a lot of these jerseys. no out of the box designing or anything. everything's just a name and number. maybe lucky to see anything showing on the sides of the jersey. 

i agree that nike is trash but i actually feel the opposite re: colors. I feel like if every team has a white jersey, then black is ok too (better than ugly grey at least), but the best choice is still to use an existing team color like hornets/teal or jazz/purple. you don't want to see celtics wearing red or spurs wearing purple, that's the main reason everyone says they take away from the brand identity.

unless it is a legit reason like Chicago using blue from their flag or Warriors using red for Chinese heritage. Even with the Wizards pink jersey on Kuzma, at least i know it's a Wizards jersey because they kept the regular fonts. The same cannot be said for many of this season's, however

• Like 1

Good looking and needing to exist are different conversations, because of course none of these need to exist.

Some look good but have some weird decisions within them, and other just don't look good, don't make sense, and shouldn't have ever been presented as options.

I think Boston, Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, New York, Phoenix, Toronto, and Utah look good. Do the Mavs need a black jersey or do the Raptors need a gold jersey? No. Does Boston's fit with their jersey history? No. Do the Knicks' need that double-lettering? No.

None of these should exist and be worn by these professional teams, but at least a couple of the cash grab editions look good in a vacuum.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Don't tell me Pelicans will be glow in the dark, because it looks like it might be.

Why Celtics didn't use Futura for numbers?

Nuggets is pure :censored:.

Detroit once again have numbers on centre when they should have on  left side.

Blazers is nicely.

Wizards look like some Magic the gathering cards.

OKC is ok, nothing special to be fair.

Hornets is medicore

Hawks, why a in atl is lowercap?

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

I really have no idea what the Bucks jersey is supposed to be honoring. They'll give us some explanation about water and maybe the Hoan Bridge, but I just don't see it. They could make an equally compelling case for how this jersey represents the MCTS buses at this point given the blue and green color scheme paired with a swooping asymmetrical arch. I wouldn't even be surprised since it seems to check all the boxes that Nike needs it to:

- Recognizable to anyone in the city

- Unique to the home market

Glad to see that Nike found the perfect way to encapsulate modern Milwaukee culture this year.

EZZXbON.jpg

• Like 1

I can see a purpose for the Jazz’s city as a potential test for a new rebrand (probably not the originally intended purpose, but seems like they’re very conscious of fan input/reaction right now), and the Kings’ make sense as a 100th anniversary nod. I like Boston’s in a vacuum, and if Toronto’s design was in purple/black/red or even black/red, I’d say that’d be a strong candidate for a full-time design. 

The rest? Hard evidence that the city edition is far past scraping the barrel. This feels like that scene in Elf when they’re pitching story plots at Greenway and Kyle Gass’s character pitches the plot of the “tribe of Asparagus Children” who are “self-conscious about the way thier pee smells.” There’s just nothing but nonsense left. I’d be floored if City Edition survives another two seasons.

• Like 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

These are brutalllllll.

So awful, I'm not even concerned about the BFBS.

F9JGf_eXQAAFd2g?format=jpg&name=large

Yeah, I absolutely hate these.

• Like 2

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Okay, Those Are Cool

• Boston Celtics (It feels like Boston and is just sharp. Maybe a LITTLE too busy with the sides?)
  • Charlotte Hornets (I want to rank these lower, but I like the teal and mint combo for some reason?)
  • Detroit Pistons (I really like this jersey especially with the tie-in with the Bad Boys and Chuck Daly. I feel like if you added some blue and eliminated the skulls it could be a good base for regular rotation jersey for the Pistons) 
  • New York Knicks (I want to hate the New York New York design element they have, but I love the simple creativity of it, and the colors are on point).
  • Sacramento Kings (I love this jersey, should have been their NBA 75 City Jersey)

Eh, They're Alright, I guess?

• Atlanta Hawks (These are bland, but not offensive).
  • Chicago Bulls (I love the idea for this, but I feel like the spacing is off and missing 1 or 2 elements to complete it).
  • Cleveland Cavaliers (This trend for designing jerseys after carpet should stop. It'd be lower, but the colors make it work more than it doesn't).
  • Golden State Warriors (I like the colors, especially the yellow and Vegas golds, but I feel like the wordmark is just forced a bit too much).
  • Indiana Pacers (I don't know why I like these they're VERY much the '90s and remind me of their proposed changes from the '90s as well. The Indy font is not needed). 
  • Memphis Grizzlies (Meh. And, its sad that a Meh on these jerseys means they're better than most).
  • Oklahoma City Thunder (The sublimation is a bit too much, but I love the orange and gold on black. The colors keep it from going lower). 
  • Phoenix Suns (I want to hate these, but the colors are sharpe and I love the numbers on the jersey).
  • Portland Trail Blazers (When are we going to get a completely plaid jersey? It's a matter of time.  It's a fun design and tie into team history, it works as a City Jersey).
  • Toronto Raptors (Eh).
  • As a Jazz fan I love that purple is back. I am just not sold on this design. It just seems like too many elements going on at that the same time. The Utah wordmark just doesn't work.)

Gross, why wear these?

• Brooklyn Nets (Probably be a WTF? if they hadn't already established their M.O. with past jerseys).
  • Dallas Mavericks (It's not offensive, yet not needed. And, it's definitely not inspired). 
  • Houston Rockets (The whole H-Town  nickname is gross, I'd almost rather have them lean into Space City or whatever the Astros are doing with their City Connect).
  • Los Angeles Lakers (I don't want to burn these, but I hate them. I don't care if the wordmark has history behind it, it's just not a good design).
  • Milwaukee Bucks (I want to like these more, but I hate the arch and the fact blue isn't a Bucks' color. So help me if they win the championship in these ... ).
  • Minnesota Timberwolves (The wordmark is too small and the water pattern looks more like smoke ... just not good at all).
  • Orlando Magic (I hate the whole magician thing they're going for this. Not only does the design feel uninspired, but they look like the Dallas Cowboys). 
  • Philadelphia 76ers (I get the historic aspects behind the design, but it just doesn't work. The wordmark logo is too small).

WTF? Burn it down, start all over

• Denver Nuggets (I hate this jersey. Hate. It. The altitude is just not needed as a focal point to a jersey! Put it on the waistband or shorts. This is just dumb).
  • Los Angeles Clippers (This jersey is depressing. Not only is the wordmark lazy, but the colors are so bland, I can't wait for the backstory on the flowers).
  • Miami Heat (Dumb).
  • New Orleans Pelicans (I keep looking at these wanting to like something about them, but I can't. The font and colors look like a clipart job. Burn it. Give us Mardi Gras colors). 
  • San Antonio Spurs (Wait, why are they honoring Taco Bell?)
  • Washington Wizards (Too many colors, too many dark colors, too many design elements. Gross).
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin