2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

16 minutes ago, Cujo said:

How are we suppose to focus on the players this way?  A friggin joke! 🚮

nugsmavs-728x485.jpg

Yeah, I totally agree. I find most of these courts - Denver, case in point - to be exceptionally distracting and a functional failure visually. This goes far beyond personal preferences or the potential curmudgeon accusations that this opinion could warrant - there are legitimate critical problems with how the design functions in use. There is too much visual clutter and poor color contrast between the blue of the floor and the Nuggets players to allow a more optimal focus on the game action. 

That’s not hating fun or new things, that’s calling out legitimate design concerns and functional issues that at least I, myself, am experiencing, as well as others from the looks of it.

• Like 13

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 11/3/2023 at 2:16 PM, andregunts said:

The main issue seems to stem from people who want to go back to 1970 when they grandpops use to take them to the old arena and have cracker jacks for $.50 cents and you watched Celtics at home in white and the San Antonio Chaparrals in their away black. Guys we are in 2023, things will change, we dont have a standard home and away an maybe one alternate.

1970?

I just want to go back to 2017. 

(don’t like sleeves? Fine, 2012.)

On 11/3/2023 at 3:37 PM, andregunts said:

NBA should bring back sleeve uniforms for each team thats all black (bfsb) and funky fonts with zero matching to the teams identity and you guys in here would have a meltdown of epic proportion and I would come in here and have the biggest smile on my face :)

Well yeah, minus the sleeves, that’s what Nike is doing now.

Only 9 teams had black sleeved uniforms, not 30. Of those 9, 3 already existed as unsleeved alts, not BFBS. Also, not a single sleeved jersey used a “funky font”. They all used their regular fonts, so you wouldn’t have to guess who was playing. Nike sadly doesn’t understand how to do that.

You cry about others crying about funky fonts and black uniforms as if you liked them, yet apparently you do not like them either. Lmao

• Like 2

It kinda reminds me of when they've tried to mess around with the paneling or the colors of the ball itself. Turns out there's only so much you can improve on. Orange, leather ball, eight panels, bounced off a woodgrain court. Anything else looks like the multipurpose gym at the local YMCA. 

• Like 2

I tried to watch some of the tournament games and I really tried to give it a chance because I'm open minded but the courts are too much on the eyes and it made me feel like I wasn't even watching the NBA. They had no reason to go this far and build 30 new courts, they could've saved their money and time by using court decals and using broadcast graphics  instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. The popular pushback to decals is "Players slip" but they didn't have a problem with this for over 20 years. 

• Like 4

bSLCtu2.png

19 minutes ago, M4One said:

The full colour courts plus the giant trophy make it look like it's CGI.  That's the best way I can describe it.  It looks like the players were taken from another picture and superimposed onto the court.

Agreed, I saw a highlight of Steph’s game winner last night and I wasn’t able to tell if the court was superimposed or not until i got on here to confirm.

9 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Yeah, I totally agree. I find most of these courts - Denver, case in point - to be exceptionally distracting and a functional failure visually. This goes far beyond personal preferences or the potential curmudgeon accusations that this opinion could warrant - there are legitimate critical problems with how the design functions in use. There is too much visual clutter and poor color contrast between the blue of the floor and the Nuggets players to allow a more optimal focus on the game action. 

That’s not hating fun or new things, that’s calling out legitimate design concerns and functional issues that at least I, myself, am experiencing, as well as others from the looks of it.

This makes sense...only if some players can only play in their 1/3 of the court and not wander into nor out of it, like 6-on-6 basketball (but instead of front court/backcourt, it's divided horizontally).

I like that the Nuggets have one court with far too much paint on the field of play and one court with no paint there at all. I guess America really is more divided than ever.

• LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

13 hours ago, YELDARBfield said:

This isn't a tournament game. Groups are still within the conferences, and the next tourney games are next Friday 11/10.

Tf? What kind of tournament is that??

So embarrassing. I feel bad for anyone who's following/watching/anticipating this worthless garbage.

6uXNWAo.png