2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

25 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Tf? What kind of tournament is that??

So embarrassing. I feel bad for anyone who's following/watching/anticipating this worthless garbage.

They're trying to make it similar to European soccer where the tournament games are interwoven into the regular season schedule, but matter for a different purpose.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

30 minutes ago, Pyromania1983 said:

They're trying to make it similar to European soccer where the tournament games are interwoven into the regular season schedule, but matter for a different purpose.

Sooo this isn't europe. We don't do soccer here. We do not care about soccer here. We don't do gaped out in-season meaningless tournaments here. 

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

NBA courts have reached an all-time low. Really. Who thinks this stuff is nice?

F-L0VWnXkAAUmWm?format=jpg&name=small

Miami's in St. Louis Cardinals "Best Fans in Baseball" territory of being completely unlikable.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 minute ago, MDGP said:

Miami's in St. Louis Cardinals "Best Fans in Baseball" territory of being completely unlikable.

Can we be honest? The Heat wouldn't be and would never be shyte if they couldn't lure players because of the location/weather.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1

6uXNWAo.png

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

Apart from the cringey message, as a visual style, compared to the tournament courts and most of the City nonsense, I can totally live with this, and I think it's a fully functional and visually interesting graphic element that I'm surprised hadn't been used previously.

• Like 3

i dont hate the tourney courts at all. it's good to experiment. do some work better than others, yes. but that's ok people hate things they arent used to , give it time and you will get used to it and maybe in diffrent seasons, they will have diuffrent designs

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

30 minutes ago, the admiral said:

You're surprised a team hasn't done a Stuart Smalley court design?

I literally said my opinion wasn't about the message.

19 minutes ago, RichardWitham said:

i dont hate the tourney courts at all. it's good to experiment. do some work better than others, yes. but that's ok people hate things they arent used to , give it time and you will get used to it and maybe in diffrent seasons, they will have diuffrent designs

It's far from only not being used to something, the games were hard to watch and the eyes hurt. Physically unwatchable, apart from looking atrocious. And it was obvious on paper, without any need to "experiment". The least they could've done was test-drive them and would've come to the obvious conclusion.

• Like 1

honestly, i think maybe this DESIGN wasnt the best idea, but i dont hate colored courts as a concept. and some of them do look decent. i think alot of the hate for them is just simply because they are new. 

• Like 1

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

29 minutes ago, RichardWitham said:

honestly, i think maybe this DESIGN wasnt the best idea, but i dont hate colored courts as a concept. and some of them do look decent. i think alot of the hate for them is just simply because they are new. 

Watching a game on a fully painted court is like eating a cake made entirely of frosting. If you showed me a purple and green court from 1947, I would say that looked bad then, too. Even the '90s courts with the arcs filled in went too far.

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 hours ago, Cujo said:

They're not bad, but yeah it's sad to see NBA teams run out of ideas on how to design courts for sure.

I think I'll blame myself and few others for figuring out their best practices and making designs in the process. In my case, I have been designing NBA courts for almost a decade. When I started creating them, court designs used to look much better.  Now? There are more courts (now divided into main, alternate, and City-themed) but less appealing approaches on how to design one. I guess I'll take credit for (almost) every NBA team having multiple court designs  because of the requests I'm getting like this and this?

Just kidding on both. God I sound so cocky lol.

But yeah, I'm a little disappointed to see NBA courts evolve like that since I started making NBA courts.

7 hours ago, RichardWitham said:

I'm okay with the colors in a vacuum (except for the trophies inside both "painted" key areas--too busy) but not to watch players play basketball on them.  I'm okay with the ABA red/white/blue balls, with the Molten orange/cream Olympic/FIBA balls, and I'm okay with Boise State blue football fields, but this is hard to watch the action on the court.  Imagine players skating on a red or a black ice surface for NHL games. Garish.

On 11/4/2023 at 3:53 PM, M4One said:

The full colour courts plus the giant trophy make it look like it's CGI.  That's the best way I can describe it.  It looks like the players were taken from another picture and superimposed onto the court.

It would have been a lot easier to just make the court one big green screen.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 9:35 PM, YELDARBfield said:

This isn't a tournament game. Groups are still within the conferences, and the next tourney games are next Friday 11/10.

I'm not against the In-Season Tournament, it's the in the face stuff like these courts that too much.

• Like 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

design aside my problem is that i feel like the tournament courts an extra layer of problem that city edition courts already gave us. the suns have technically 4 court designs now (its really 3 but still.) it just takes us back to the problem of brand identity. i really think they should have just made the tournament courts based on the core brand of each team and not the city editions.

i know people say that the jerseys are the reason why they can't tell whos playing who anymore but i think courts are making their way up to becoming a bigger problem. imagine the average viewer trying to figure out why the pacers play on a fully painted sky blue court, and then a nets style grey graffiti court, and then a plain navy blue court. it's just too much. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Cujo said:

Can we be honest? The Heat wouldn't be and would never be shyte if they couldn't lure players because of the location/weather.

You sound like a specific radio host on SIRIUSXM NBA. The both of you ignore the fact that throughout their success they've either acquired depressed assets like Zo and Tim Hardaway or drafted homegrown stars that were on the roster to attract FAs or to pair with a star they trade for. 2010-2014 is the only time period your statement can even given the time of day. Had they drafted Chris Kaman instead of Dwyane Wade it never happens. They never get Shaq either. You'd be better off saying if they never drafted Dwyane Wade none of the last 20 years happen. That doesn't sound as good because talking about location and weather means you can give them no credit.