You Saw What Where??

4 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

I saw a house with a Packers logo painted on the garage door.

In Illinois.

That's not a shocker to me at all. I done seen Packers paraphernalia all across this North American landmass. It may surprise some, but there's a surprising contingent in, of all places, Pittsburgh.

That said, somehow the Indiana Pacers have made it into this thread twice. Yesterday I saw some random young middle- school-aged girl wearing an Indiana Pacers t-shirt...in Thief River Falls, Minnesota.

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Just got back from Europe. 

When I was in Switzerland, I saw a guy wearing an old NHL Colorado Rockies sweatshirt.

It was just me checking at myself in the mirror before going out hiking, but still....

😆😉😁🙄
A4aPS3Q.jpg

I DID wear that sweatshirt while I was there... the above shot is not Switzerland, obviously... but this is:

fLKq44V.jpg

• Like 1

It is what it is.

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

That's not a shocker to me at all. I done seen Packers paraphernalia all across this North American landmass. It may surprise some, but there's a surprising contingent in, of all places, Pittsburgh.

That said, somehow the Indiana Pacers have made it into this thread twice. Yesterday I saw some random young middle- school-aged girl wearing an Indiana Pacers t-shirt...in Thief River Falls, Minnesota.

I just remembered I saw a kid wearing a gold Milwaukee Brewers shirt in an Indiana rest stop, now that is a real surprise lol

I saw Packers and Brewers gear on my trip to Wisconsin, but no Bucks though the Bucks won a title more recently than the other two. Hmm

On 6/21/2023 at 2:29 PM, tBBP said:

Funny you should mention that...there seems to be an emerging contingent of Steelers fans in my neck of the woods.

On 6/21/2023 at 5:15 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

I saw Packers and Brewers gear on my trip to Wisconsin, but no Bucks though the Bucks won a title more recently than the other two. Hmm

Basically, the Bucks' fanbase covers far less of the state than does that of the Brewers, never mind the Packers.  Depends on where you went and how far away from Milwaukee you were, though.  

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I was walking through my neighborhood here in Calgary and noticed a backyard that had a New Mexico Lobos mini basketball hoop stuck to the side of the fence. Like one of those indoor hoops that come with the foam balls.

I also could have been the subject of this thread as I was wearing a Stampeders shirt in Polly's Pancake Parlor in Sugar Hill, New Hampshire and an old man came up to me and said he visited Calgary during the Olympics.

IbjBaeE.png

Occasionally, I see somebody wearing an Expos cap.  A couple minutes ago, a pickup pulled away from the bus stop I'm currently at, and it had a CF Montreal decal on it.  I almost never see anything MLS around these parts, let alone anything Canadian MLS...and AFAIK there's no real affinity to Montreal or French Canada here (now Guadalajara, that's a different story).

2016cubscreamsig.png

1 hour ago, Discrim said:

Occasionally, I see somebody wearing an Expos cap. 

In the coverage of the submersible that was built and operated by that "safety is a waste of time" fellow, there were clips of previous crews of the thing. And one of the people in those clips was wearing an Expos cap.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 6/21/2023 at 9:52 AM, TrueYankee26 said:

I saw a house with a Packers logo painted on the garage door.

In Illinois.

I wouldn’t say that was out of place at all. Downstate, packers fans are pretty much 1:1 with bears fans in my experience.

In the checkout line at Walmart, I saw a lady wearing a Las Vegas Aces jersey.  This is probably the first time I've ever seen anything WNBA in the wild, or if I have before, I've long forgotten about it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

On 6/23/2023 at 1:35 AM, Discrim said:

Funny you should mention that...there seems to be an emerging contingent of Steelers fans in my neck of the woods.

The common explanation for this is that a generation of Yinzers moved away during the late 80s when steel was dying off. Now there are enclaves of Steelers fans all over the country because of this emigration. I feel like sports broadcasters talk about how well the Steelers' fans travel, and while there is some truth to that, really it's more that there are just expat Pittsburghers and first-generation diaspora in a lot of other parts of the country.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

While watching the Twins-Mariners game in Minnesota tonight, the guy sitting right behind home plate is wearing a Buffalo Bills cap. Just super random lol

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Guy doing a UIUC tour with his family was wearing a #80 Chicago Bears Bernard Berrian home jersey.  I almost stopped to shake his hand.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Saw a guy wearing a Las Vegas Aviators tee today, and a few days ago someone else wearing a Canada Day Blue Jays cap.  Honorable mention to the two guys wearing lavender Real Madrid shirts.

2016cubscreamsig.png

39 minutes ago, GloriaSmeltzer said:

In the 1980s, David Letterman wore various sports gear on Late Night for remote pieces, like Cardinals or Tigers caps, and a Houston Gamblers jersey once.

Even though he sported a USFL jersey, he still mocked the league. In 1983, he joked about being a long-time Panthers fan since he was "this high," even though he was 36 then. Now, some people say the same thing sincerely in their 50s.

He also did a funny set piece called "The USFL Hall of Fame." One gag featured only Herschel Walker and a checklist on trading cards. Another had a mis-numbered jersey with "5 backwards-3." It cracks me up!

What a remarkably perceptive and insightful comment.

Tell me, where do you get your ideas?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png