College Football 2023

MJWalker45

19 minutes ago, See Red said:

Hard to believe how talent-poor, undisciplined, and terribly-coached this Florida team was.  I was hopeful when Napier was hired because he seemed to get it, and he does seem to with recruiting (except the recruiting can't overcome the losing anymore).  It's just the on-field product is so terrible.  This was a winnable game that we pissed away with poor discipline and lousy coaching, just like the last three games.  Now we just play the waiting game until he's fired after next season and do it all over again.  Please dear god fire Stricklin first, though.

This post couldn't be more accurate if you tried. Florida hired a Mississippi State-level AD and that AD turned the football program into a Mississippi State-level program. Napier is a dead man walking, he's absolutely incompetent and overmatched trying to coach in the SEC. Stricklin's gotten two head coaching hires with the football program, and in terms of getting the program back where it's expected to be on a consistent basis, he's 0/2 with those hires. To say nothing about the collapse of the basketball program or the women's sports scandals. Firing Napier does nothing if you let someone who's proven to be incompetent at hiring head coaches get the chance to make another hire. It has to be a package deal. There's no good argument for Stricklin to wake up tomorrow still employed as the Florida AD. He's the AD who's seen the program have three consecutive 7-loss seasons under his watch. 

Fire Stricklin, fire Napier, fire everybody involved with University of Florida football in general. The entire program needs a deep pressure washing if there's any chance of getting rid of the rancid stench that has overwhelmed it. 

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

This post couldn't be more accurate if you tried. Florida hired a Mississippi State-level AD and that AD turned the football program into a Mississippi State-level program. Napier is a dead man walking, he's absolutely incompetent and overmatched trying to coach in the SEC. Stricklin's gotten two head coaching hires with the football program, and in terms of getting the program back where it's expected to be on a consistent basis, he's 0/2 with those hires. To say nothing about the collapse of the basketball program or the women's sports scandals. Firing Napier does nothing if you let someone who's proven to be incompetent at hiring head coaches get the chance to make another hire. It has to be a package deal. There's no good argument for Stricklin to wake up tomorrow still employed as the Florida AD. He's the AD who's seen the program have three consecutive 7-loss seasons under his watch. 

Fire Stricklin, fire Napier, fire everybody involved with University of Florida football in general. The entire program needs a deep pressure washing if there's any chance of getting rid of the rancid stench that has overwhelmed it. 

The entire UAA needs the pressure washing.  The whole thing just becomes more of a bummer when you realize they're not going to fire Stricklin because they don't care enough to.  That's why we were late to the facilities race, that's why we weren't serious about NIL, etc.  They'd rather be great in a bunch of sports that nobody actually cares about than commit to becoming a championship-contending football program again.  If Georgia possibly winning three straight national championships while we suffer three straight losing seasons doesn't light a fire in the boosters/UAA, nothing will.  They just are not serious about sports that matter.

• Like 1

IUe6Hvh.png

1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Soooo basically the same thing that needed to occur in Tallahassee four or so years back to thoroughly and completely exhume the combined stenches left behind by both Jimbo and slick Willie??

That's the only thing keeping me from guffawing my head off right now—well that and the fact that I'm not a total prick. I know way too well what both you guys are feeling. I also know that if not for a/ the fact that Florida State had been a second-half team all season and b/ some of absolute most boneheaded defensive miscues on two of your defensive players, there's a good chance Florida State isn't carrying a goose egg in the loss column any more. As it is, though, imma have this one: undefeated!! (Until the ACC 'ship game, at least.)

Look, Florida State/Florida is infinitely better when both teams are on top, and last season's game was the closest both have been at the same time since what, 2002 or something like that?? That's what I'm wanting to see going forward. As for tonight, yeah...mental slip-ups galore. But for a game featuring two starting backups, it turned out just a wee bit better than I expected. (Of course y'alls backup looked better, as I figured would be the case. Rodemaker wasn't horrible, but he wasn't exactly confidence-inspiring, either.) Whatever the case, for y'alls sake I sho' hope that ehatever needs to be shaken out of the swamp gets, well, shaken out of the swamp so your boys can get back up. Like I said, I much prefer when both sides are up.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So I suppose it's going to annoy the hell out of everyone if a bunch of chaos happens again, and Ohio State sneaks back in?

(Washington gives Oregon a 2nd loss, Georgia gives Alabama a second loss, two loss Oklahoma beats Texas again,  and Florida State loses... who else could it be?)

Ohio State isn't getting back in because the weird amount of things that would have to happen, possibly even including Iowa beating Michigan in the Big Ten Championship, just aren't going to happen. Georgia winning would help, but I think Alabama will knock them off. Just a feeling, but I hope that's not the case. Florida State is unlikely to lose to Louisville, but if they do Louisville has a championship that should weigh more over Ohio State. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Ohio State isn't getting back in because the weird amount of things that would have to happen, possibly even including Iowa beating Michigan in the Big Ten Championship, just aren't going to happen. Georgia winning would help, but I think Alabama will knock them off. Just a feeling, but I hope that's not the case. Florida State is unlikely to lose to Louisville, but if they do Louisville has a championship that should weigh more over Ohio State. 

Louisville lost to Pitt and Kentucky. Winning the ACC won't change anything. They're out. If Washington loses to Oregon in the Pac-12 Championship, they're still ahead of Ohio State, IMO. One could argue the same for 2-loss Alabama and Texas, although that's far from a slam dunk.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I almost positive a one loss Ohio State (especially considering the loss was to undefeated Michigan in what was, let's face it, the actual B10 championship) would get in over any two loss team. The committee kept them at number one for weeks, even tho they clearly (even to this admitted fan) lost the eyeball test to Michigan and Georgia by a considerable margin. My guess is, based on what he committee has done so far, it's a better than even chance they'd put tOSU in over any other one-loss non champion, excepting Georgia, of course.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, McCall said:

Louisville lost to Pitt and Kentucky. Winning the ACC won't change anything. They're out. If Washington loses to Oregon in the Pac-12 Championship, they're still ahead of Ohio State, IMO. One could argue the same for 2-loss Alabama and Texas, although that's far from a slam dunk.

My brain skipped over that first Louisville loss, but committee practice in the past has not put a 2 loss team in. Penn State was the best 2 loss team not put in. I can't see a two loss Alabama ahead of the Buckeyes, who would have been expected to win the Big Ten if they beat Michigan. Bama was lucky to survive Auburn who decided to rush two and spy a LB instead of sending him too. Texas would drop too, because of Oklahoma State's position in the rankings but I'm expecting a bump for them this week as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

My brain skipped over that first Louisville loss, but committee practice in the past has not put a 2 loss team in. Penn State was the best 2 loss team not put in. I can't see a two loss Alabama ahead of the Buckeyes, who would have been expected to win the Big Ten if they beat Michigan. Bama was lucky to survive Auburn who decided to rush two and spy a LB instead of sending him too. Texas would drop too, because of Oklahoma State's position in the rankings but I'm expecting a bump for them this week as well. 

Oregon has the best shot at being a 2-loss team to get in, as both would have come to undefeated, playoff team Washington. But I think Texas, Alabama and Florida State would all have to lose next week. It would probably, then, come down to them and Ohio State for the final spot. Honestly, objectively speaking, either team would have a legitimate claim for it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BottomlessPitt said:

I think it'll be:

Sugar Bowl: 

Georgia (13-0) vs. Florida State (13-0)

Rose Bowl: 

Michigan (13-0) vs. Oregon (12-1)

UGA vs Michigan for the natty is what we need as a country

1 hour ago, McCall said:

Oregon has the best shot at being a 2-loss team to get in, as both would have come to undefeated, playoff team Washington. But I think Texas, Alabama and Florida State would all have to lose next week. It would probably, then, come down to them and Ohio State for the final spot. Honestly, objectively speaking, either team would have a legitimate claim for it.

2016, 2017, 2021, & 2022 all had 1-loss non-champions in over 2-loss champions. A 2-loss non-champion Oregon has no shot

6 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

While Colorado did indeed “improve” from last season, there’s just something poetic about the team :censored:ting the bed and losing 8 out the last 9 games after starting 3-0.

spacer.png

Remember when that was all anyone could talk about?  Seems like it was forever ago. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

While Colorado did indeed “improve” from last season, there’s just something poetic about the team :censored:ting the bed and losing 8 out the last 9 games after starting 3-0.

And that's fine. 4-8 means a guaranteed 2nd season for Coach Prime in Boulder.

coachprime2_600x600.jpg?v=1694036512

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

6uXNWAo.png

Oregon has a great chance of getting in because they're going to be Pac 12 champions with their only loss to the 1-loss Huskies.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Are you trying out the BBTV reverse jinx? 😎

Yes, but also the Huskies are just barely winning these games. Like, by the skin of their teeth.

Winners have winner's luck (ask me about the Bills), but it eventually runs out.

Hope I'm wrong about the Huskies! And I hope Penix gets over whatever is going on in his head.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags