2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

--

Edited by Cujo
Moved to the NFL Changes thread since the jersey # discussion is going on over there. There's really no need for two separate NFL uniform threads, just my two cents.

6uXNWAo.png

The Broncos are now experimenting with solid white socks? These teams just can’t control themselves.
Β 

Meanwhile, the Colts and Bills both go blue socks with their white jerseys and pants? Preseason is always full of whacky, misleading $hit like this. Most classic example is the Saints pretending to be a gold pants team year after year.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

Most classic example is the Saints pretending to be a gold pants team year after year.

Β 

Saints just need to switch to their throwback colors and have stripes on all pants if they insist white and black pants combos.Β 

• Like 5

Β 

All New: NFL Random
Website β˜… Behance β˜… TwitterΒ β˜… Geekier Twitter

5 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

The Broncos are now experimenting with solid white socks? These teams just can’t control themselves.
Β 

Meanwhile, the Colts and Bills both go blue socks with their white jerseys and pants? Preseason is always full of whacky, misleading $hit like this. Most classic example is the Saints pretending to be a gold pants team year after year.

Broncos also wore solid navy socks last week instead of the normal navy socks with the orange stripe at the bottom. I blame Sean Payton for this as he also was the one who was overseeing the Saints in all white and all black

38 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

I feel like the Falcons in red pants with their black jerseys would look OK.Β 
Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Unnecessary. They already are wearing the throwbacks 3 times, so there will be 5 home games to either wear black-white, black-black or all-white at home. Black over white is the only combination in my opinion that looks good. The red pants have the problem of the side stripe being black, which defeats the entire purpose of the "stoop" stripe design.Β 

Β 

Might explain why we haven't seen them. As far as I understood what happened, the red pants were photoshopped for the Nike press release but weren't ever produced.Β 

4 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Β 

Unnecessary. They already are wearing the throwbacks 3 times, so there will be 5 home games to either wear black-white, black-black or all-white at home. Black over white is the only combination in my opinion that looks good. The red pants have the problem of the side stripe being black, which defeats the entire purpose of the "stoop" stripe design.Β 

Β 

Might explain why we haven't seen them. As far as I understood what happened, the red pants were photoshopped for the Nike press release but weren't ever produced.Β 

If they would just wear black socks with the all white road uniform, I think it would help immensely. I’d like them to also wear white socks when wearing black pants on the road. They should stick with black socks when wearing all black, though, because white socks would stick out like a sore thumb in that uniform.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Bolton said:

Isn't there a rule against teams wearing alternate jerseys in the preseason? Or is that just for the playoffs? Panthers in the blue jerseys, which is their best look, is cool but seems like something the No Fun League wouldn't want to happen. Am I crazy?

I don't think there is a rule during preseason. Back when the Jaguars wore black as primary, they wore the teal jerseys twice in the preseason.

2 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

Isn't there a rule against teams wearing alternate jerseys in the preseason? Or is that just for the playoffs? Panthers in the blue jerseys, which is their best look, is cool but seems like something the No Fun League wouldn't want to happen. Am I crazy?

3 uses on alternate in a season including the Preseason.

Β 

No alternate use in the post season unless league approved.

Β 

So using an alt in the preseason counts toward the overall use of 3.

• Like 1

Titans are going with the rare navy over white look on Friday. They have worn navy over light blue against New England twice with this set, once in the regular season and once in the preseason, and now they once again will be avoiding the all-navy look, which is great but merely a coincidence.

I'd be fine with teams having preseason jerseys - kind of a "you have to earn the real one" type of thing.Β  It would be a good way of introducing a third or fourth jersey without watering down the brand by wearing them in regular season games.Β Β 

Β 

The Steelers could have their yellow jersey, Patriots a gray one, Eagles a gray one (or maybe make the black one the preseason one), and so on.Β  Then keep the regular season to the primaries and a throwback game or two.Β 

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."