2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

16 hours ago, HOOVER said:

RE:  Texans uniforms

Navy isn't the problem ("because it's dull").  Plenty of teams with Navy as the feature color have iconic identities.  It's all about the execution.

While the uniform offers nothing remotely iconic or cohesive, it's truly the helmet that's at fault.  

White helmet, using a brighter Red in the proper way as an accent color, and adding some sort of character to the uniform (adding a few well-placed stars) will transform the Texans' look from one of the most boring in professional sports to one of the best.

This isn't mine, but it's good, and what the team should be going for, rather than wishing they were the Oilers or incorporating street culture:

new-texans-uniform-reveal-v0-ljcvt1kujeb

The Texans have to compete with another franchise up the road that likes to call themselves, "America's Team", yet they have the identity that warrants that nickname, and they should try to take it.

The problem that Texans's fans have with the identity is its not Houston exclusive. Which is one of the reasons the Oilers identity is a touchy due to the fact that it was.

It would have been okay had the team been founded in the 1950's but not in the Turn of the Millennium. And we made the same "Pats South" jokes that everyone else has. Going to a red primary as I wanted for years (regardless of helmet) would be a small step in the right direction.

17 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Seahawks going with the all white unis this week which they seem to always do for monday night games. Hopefully they go with the navy socks instead of the white as shown in this photo but I’m not holding my breath.

I love when teams wear white jersey and pants and the helmet and sock are a matching color.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 16

1 hour ago, GoHawks said:

Seahawks re-uploaded the picture this time with navy socks which is a good sign

You know, if the actual Seahawks blue appeared that same shade on the field, that uniform would look about 50% better than it does now.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

20 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

When the Saints did this, while still awful, the pants at least mimicked their solid black pants. For the Lions, it makes no sense whatsoever. Doesn’t fit their brand or match any other uniform element of theirs.

I was about to say that. It would be one thing if they had this for a year then got white pants with blue striping to mimic or match the blue and grey sets. Clearly they did not.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

When the Saints did this, while still awful, the pants at least mimicked their solid black pants. For the Lions, it makes no sense whatsoever. Doesn’t fit their brand or match any other uniform element of theirs.

Seriously. Is it that hard for the Lions to put blue stripes on the white pants? It makes no sense.

• Like 11

bSLCtu2.png

2 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

The existence of the black pants doesn't justify anything for the Saints. The Saints should burn both sets of solid-color pants.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5

6 hours ago, ruttep said:

The existence of the black pants doesn't justify anything for the Saints. The Saints should burn both sets of solid-color pants.

Not justified? They had it before in the 80's and it was just fine.

archie-manning-new-orleans-saints-autogr

I think the issue is that it doesn't have a gold stripe. There was a stripe on the pants in 1999 but they removed the pants for the next season, then brought it back in 2001 without the gold stripe.

s-l1200.webp

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

bSLCtu2.png

9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Seriously. Is it that hard for the Lions to put blue stripes on the white pants? It makes no sense.

It's not about it being hard. No one is being lazy or overlooking it. It's an intentional choice and very popular right now. It sucks, but the vast majority of responses from fans on social media and from the players when it comes to "icy white" look are positive. People like the "clean" look. It's clearly a trend that will die, hopefully sooner rather than later. Most of us here prefer a more traditional look that stands the test of time and establishes a brand. But a lot of people unfortunately buy into the hype of whatever is cool right now. And in the age of social media, that's what wins.

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, bbush24 said:

It's not about it being hard. No one is being lazy or overlooking it. It's an intentional choice and very popular right now. It sucks, but the vast majority of responses from fans on social media and from the players when it comes to "icy white" look are positive. People like the "clean" look. 

I guarantee most people on social media wouldn't even notice the difference if there were a stripe on the pants. The "clean" look just means white pants & socks with a white jersey.

• Like 1

I badly hope that the showcase of throwbacks this season will prompt teams to want to go back to striped socks, maybe within 5 years this fad will be over and we can all laugh about it. 

But like, when you go on GUD it looks like the graphics are incomplete -- the white-white look is just so ridiculous, if someone posed it as an idea 10 years ago in the Concepts board in here people would have laughed and been like "looks like you posted an incomplete export"

• Like 6