2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

1 minute ago, DCarp1231 said:

Amazing what blue pants could do for Indy.

It sucks that they’re only motivated to use them via Color Rush/Alternates 

spacer.png
spacer.png

Blue britches are in Indy's arsenal but refuse to wear them with the best possible top

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1

6uXNWAo.png

13 hours ago, Cujo said:

Bring em back already 😭

Unusual Pants (did that get your attention?)

Fascinating period in Colts history.

They only wore the blue pants for one season but it was also Marshall Faulk's second year in the league, they had an aged but somehow productive Harbaugh at QB, and they were wearing old school black cleats (NOBODY wore black cleats in the mid 90's) inside the RCA Dome with its green concrete surface. And they went to the AFC Title Game against the Steelers.

Then Harbaugh leaves, Faulk goes to the Rams, the Colts draft Manning and the team looks completely different.

*Addendum, they also added the blue facemasks that season which would persist for the next decade.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

At this point, I’m just wishing they’d switch to blue facemasks at the very least 

Cant teams alternate facemasks in and out weekly like they do pants? Feels like there's no rule against that.

6uXNWAo.png

26 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Cant teams alternate facemasks in and out weekly like they do pants? Feels like there's no rule against that.

To be honest the League is not too worried about pants, facemasks or socks. There are no merchandise sales around pants and socks and helmet sales be they full size or mini are minimal to be honest. Jersey sales are huge and they don't want outdated stock they can't move or to look like they are nickel and diming the fans which is why they have the 5 year uniform rule. It should really just be called a 5 year jersey rule.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Not a fan of the Colts in blue pants. That's a team that belongs in white helmets, jerseys, and pants on the road. 

I agree that the Colts are the white and blue team that should wear all-white. The Bills, on the other hand work better as a blue pants team to me for the sake of being somewhat unique. if they switch back to a red helmet, white on white is more tolerable for them, but right now it's too boring.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HOOVER said:

The Colts or Bills or nearly anyone with a White helmet cannot wear dark pants with a White jersey, it's completely unbalanced/bottom-heavy.  Terrible look. 

Disagree.

Mixing in colored pants > Full blown stormtrooper

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Hurl 1

6uXNWAo.png

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

This talk about facemasks has been wishing the Vikings would switch to white ones

I can't convince myself that I like any facemask color that the Vikings have used. I'm sort of in the same camp with the Browns.

Vikings, I think Purple>grey>white>black

Browns, I think Grey>brown>white

If this were gambling, I wouldn't bet more than a nickel on any of that.

It's where I sit.