2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

I'm not a huge fan of double outlines, but I do think they look good in some cases.

I've always enjoyed how they look on New England's uniforms. Just that little bit of silver is appealing to me.

Patriots vs. Saints: Bill Belichick gave up in ugly 34-0 lossKyle Dugger is finally starting to get the recognition he deserves - Pats  Pulpit

I also like them for Dallas because of the double outline on the star. There's a cohesion there that makes sense.

Dak Prescott is selling himself now, and that's a problem for the Dallas  CowboysAfter a rough patch of games, Dak Prescott is returning to form and  producing wins - Blogging The Boys

I don't think I'd want more teams to be using them, but the teams that do use them use them well in my opinion. 

• Like 12
  • Meh 1

NFL teams have a problem with wearing alternates vs a team with the same colors. Chargers always seem to do it with their navy and royal alternates against navy and royal teams, and the Bills are rocking the reds against a team with a red heavy road look. It makes no sense to me other than some stupid "we own these colors, you don't" type thing

• Like 10

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

3 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

The Giants are wearing their white color rush throwbacks. 

So the GIANTS are wearing the unis with the far better royal blue helmets and not the dark navy 80s ones that match nothing else about the uniform -- is that right?

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

23 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I'm not a huge fan of double outlines, but I do think they look good in some cases.

I've always enjoyed how they look on New England's uniforms. Just that little bit of silver is appealing to me.

Patriots vs. Saints: Bill Belichick gave up in ugly 34-0 lossKyle Dugger is finally starting to get the recognition he deserves - Pats  Pulpit

I also like them for Dallas because of the double outline on the star. There's a cohesion there that makes sense.

Dak Prescott is selling himself now, and that's a problem for the Dallas  CowboysAfter a rough patch of games, Dak Prescott is returning to form and  producing wins - Blogging The Boys

I don't think I'd want more teams to be using them, but the teams that do use them use them well in my opinion. 

I actually love double outlines too, just not how the Dolphins used to use them.

They’re most useful when there is contrast.  They look great on the Cowboys here, work well for the Pats, and for teams like the Florida Gators.

The issue with the Dolphins is the light colors, specifically the Orange.  There’s just not enough contrast for it to look as good as it could be, in my opinion.   Looks alright on their dark jerseys of that era, but when compared to the throwbacks they’re wearing now, I prefer that look.

I am admittedly biased since I've been a Cardinals fan my whole life, but the Cards' White uniforms are really growing on me. I really like the reflective Silver "Framis" striping; I wish more teams that use metallics would use this:

spacer.png

• Like 15
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, TruColor said:

I am admittedly biased since I've been a Cardinals fan my whole life, but the Cards' White uniforms are really growing on me. I really like the reflective Silver "Framis" striping; I wish more teams that use metallics would use this:

spacer.png

Agreed. When I caught highlights of that game vs. SF, my first reaction was "Oh, wait, who is that? That's a really good looking game." Then when I realized it was Arizona, that kind of confirmed what I had figured: the away uniform, especially, is a massive improvement over what they had been wearing. I think the white sock phase is just a phase that we'll have to deal with temporarily. Red socks would look better with this look, so it can certainly improve. But even with the white socks, this looks like nice.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Agreed. When I caught highlights of that game vs. SF, my first reaction was "Oh, wait, who is that? That's a really good looking game." Then when I realized it was Arizona, that kind of confirmed what I had figured: the away uniform, especially, is a massive improvement over what they had been wearing. I think the white sock phase is just a phase that we'll have to deal with temporarily. Red socks would look better with this look, so it can certainly improve. But even with the white socks, this looks like nice.

Agree with both of you. Honestly, this is really the only set of pants they need. Just swap out the jersey for home/away and they would look fantastic. I don't even mind the white socks on the road. 

Home:

White helmet, red jersey, white pants, red socks

Away:

White helmet, white jersey, white pants, white socks

Black set: get rid of it

That's all they need. The pieces are all there with this set. It just needs to be matched up.

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1