2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

2 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Insane how the Dallascowboys are wearing a uniform that is actually uniform, by definition -- but people are outraged and think their standard white unis that look like absolute dogshyte =are better. 

Sometimes I'd rather have wacky, lighter colors than boring.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

THIS

Dallas Cowboys Team Color Codes | Dallas cowboys, Dallas cowboys room,  Dallas cowboys room decor

...over this, 365 days the year!

sSZxj2r.png!

Again, we will never agree on this.

This

spacer.png

Over this

spacer.png

spacer.png

royal blue >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> navy blue.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 5
  • Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

This uniform, but with a white helmet would be pure joy

spacer.png

I dunno what the overall thoughts are on it. But the Cowboys for a time did wear white helmets, and if they rebranded to be solely blue/white team, no silver, I wouldn’t hate it 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

I dunno what the overall thoughts are on it. But the Cowboys for a time did wear white helmets, and if they rebranded to be solely blue/white team, no silver, I wouldn’t hate it 🤷‍♂️ 

I’d definitely still give the silver some love. Incorporate it in the same way as Arizona is currently doing.

• Like 1

Greetings. Longtime lurker. 

I figured my first post here would be on the utterly infuriating  my beloved Cowboys. 

The Boys just need dark royal and silver-blue.  A gorgeous, unique scheme that throws back to their glory 70s days.

The real crime? The ‘1960s throwback’ is navy. IT WAS DARK ROYAL IN 1960. THIS IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE. Come on Jerry.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by timjameskohler
Didn’t mean to put spoilers tags.

1 minute ago, ruttep said:

Tell me with a straight face that navy is a superior color to this.

I'm really good at keeping a straight face, but even I can't do this.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Tell me with a straight face that navy is a superior color to this.

To some eyes that is navy. But I know what you meant.

(I'll forego the old "I think it's navy" trope this time...)

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Next to the 1973-1999 Rams, the 1980-1999 Giants, and the 1960-1987 Cardinals, this 1965-1980 Cowboys look is my favorite.

And the reason they got rid of the blue jersey is so dumb. It's because of superstition. They lost Super Bowl V and the 1980 NFC Championship Game in the blue, so they introduced a navy jersey for 1981 that started them on the path toward the mismatch of today. I guess the shade of royal on the white jersey also got lighter as time went on. 

That's why today's white jersey looks so weird within the overall color scheme. It was designed to be paired with a completely different jersey that hasn't existed in over 40 years.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

16 minutes ago, ruttep said:

And the reason they got rid of the blue jersey is so dumb. It's because of superstition. They lost Super Bowl V and the 1980 NFC Championship Game in the blue, so they introduced a navy jersey for 1981 that started them on the path toward the mismatch of today. I guess the shade of royal on the white jersey also got lighter as time went on. 

That's why today's white jersey looks so weird within the overall color scheme. It was designed to be paired with a completely different jersey that hasn't existed in over 40 years.

Clint Murchison brought the navy jerseys in 1981 to contrast from the white ones he liked a lot. It was a dumb decision on his end. He wanted the royal blue on the white look much better, but debut the navy nightmare ones.

Seahawks going with navy/grey this week. Good to see the grey pants are still in the mix even though the grey jerseys have been retired for the time being. Surprised they are wearing this combo this early in the season as the past two years the navy/grey has only been worn at home for games at the end of the season.

• Like 7
  • Love 5
  • Applause 2