2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

19 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Sources? APA in-text format if you could.

2 Timothy 3: 1-4

1  This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

• Love 4

Happy about this combo, but the replies to this tweet are embarrassing. All the Ravens fans apparently want all black or all purple. Hopefully the Ravens don't listen to all that noise and continue to dress like a proper team.

• Like 18

35 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Damn you, Detroit. Ruining the Raiders streak on the Best list. They’ll wear the blue helmets and awful all grey against Las Vegas next week-

spacer.png

Vegas should wear black that week, I still don't think that the Lions grey set should be used as a home set where the opponent wears white. 
spacer.pngspacer.png

bdmfnlqrt5jeqiefpiro.jpg

fd66077b-6b14-4ed6-be7f-279b340d3535-103

Although all of these matchups suck, I think they grey uniforms work a lot better in color vs color matchups.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, throwmesomepics said:

Vegas should wear black that week, I still don't think that the Lions grey set should be used as a home set where the opponent wears white. 
spacer.pngspacer.png

bdmfnlqrt5jeqiefpiro.jpg

Although all of these matchups suck, I think they grey uniforms work a lot better in color vs color matchups.

Blue/Grey/Blue/Grey would be nice for Detroit in this situation. Unfortunately it’s not gonna happen and the matchup gets ruined.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, throwmesomepics said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

bdmfnlqrt5jeqiefpiro.jpg

And then, of course, there's whatever you would call this:

spacer.png

• Hurl 5

The Saints being in primetime is our semi-annual reminder that they sneakily have one of the worst uniforms in the league.

Stripeless black pants with the black jerseys. Stripeless white pants with the white jerseys. Matching leggings with everything.

They RUINED one of the only serviceable color rush sets with a pointless patterned black helmet, destroying their best look.

Nike’s ‘gold’ is more of a thrice-washed khaki. 

They only remember they have amazing throwbacks every four to five years.

Every single uniform combination looks unfinished, as if the gold crayon broke. Absolutely no character or identity whatsoever. At least the  Titans and Commies use, you know, actual colors. The Saints need a rebrand, yesterday. 

You’re not off the hook either, Jags. 🥱 

• Like 14

4 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

I have a fear that the Raiders will wear their white throwbacks against the Lions. They always wear it in primetime but I don't know. I love the uniform but against the Lions it will look real bad. I'm expecting the throwback on Christmas against the Chiefs.

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

9 hours ago, timjameskohler said:

At least the  Titans and Commies use, you know, actual colors. The Saints need a rebrand, yesterday. 

I wouldn’t consider Titans navy an actual color. It’s pretty much as dull as black. I also think the Saints look okay from the waist up. Their helmets and jerseys are both fine, but below the waist has certainly been a mess.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, timjameskohler said:

The Saints being in primetime is our semi-annual reminder that they sneakily have one of the worst uniforms in the league.

Stripeless black pants with the black jerseys. Stripeless white pants with the white jerseys. Matching leggings with everything.

They RUINED one of the only serviceable color rush sets with a pointless patterned black helmet, destroying their best look.

Nike’s ‘gold’ is more of a thrice-washed khaki. 

They only remember they have amazing throwbacks every four to five years.

Every single uniform combination looks unfinished, as if the gold crayon broke. Absolutely no character or identity whatsoever. At least the  Titans and Commies use, you know, actual colors. The Saints need a rebrand, yesterday. 

You’re not off the hook either, Jags. 🥱 

The only thing saving the Saints from being the Cowboys in gold is that Nike adjusted the colors on the jerseys to match the helmets and pants, as dull as it is.

I will say that the whole "khaki pants" thing didn't start with Nike. It's been a consistent problem since they first reintroduced the gold pants in 1986.

IMG-2721.jpg

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

23 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

Bucs in all white a little later in the season than is the norm.

I was honestly looking at the Bucs remaining home schedole on Gridiron Uniform Database and out of the rest of the home games we have Tennessee, Carolina, Jacksonville, and New Orleans.

- Carolina has already announced the blue jersey for the game in Tampa, so thats another white at home.

- The pewter alts are likely to still be worn once.  I suspect it might be against Jacksonville or Tennessee as the pewter alts haven't been used in divisional games yet.

- Just my feelings, but seeing the Bucs and Jags go red v teal on Christmas Eve would be interesting, but unlikely.

- Bucs might go red against New Orleans so the Saints bring out their white Color Rush

2 hours ago, TBGKon said:

I was honestly looking at the Bucs remaining home schedole on Gridiron Uniform Database and out of the rest of the home games we have Tennessee, Carolina, Jacksonville, and New Orleans.

- Carolina has already announced the blue jersey for the game in Tampa, so thats another white at home.

- The pewter alts are likely to still be worn once.  I suspect it might be against Jacksonville or Tennessee as the pewter alts haven't been used in divisional games yet.

- Just my feelings, but seeing the Bucs and Jags go red v teal on Christmas Eve would be interesting, but unlikely.

- Bucs might go red against New Orleans so the Saints bring out their white Color Rush

I know they often do WAH into November but I feel like it's usually paired with pewter pants. The white jersey/white pants combo seems to be reserved for typically one home game, usually early in the season, historically speaking (I'm not counting the alarm clock years since that look was such a clusterf***.)

ClAFLDa.png

3 hours ago, TBGKon said:

The Bucs actually wore pewter against Atlanta in the 2020 season finale:

1294335661.jpeg

The same uniform matchup of the past three seasons has been confirmed for this week though (black/white against white/white). I really want to see it with Tampa Bay in red. 0 for 4 with that since these teams each changed uniforms in 2020.

• Like 1