2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

10 hours ago, TBGKon said:

I was honestly looking at the Bucs remaining home schedole on Gridiron Uniform Database and out of the rest of the home games we have Tennessee, Carolina, Jacksonville, and New Orleans.

- Carolina has already announced the blue jersey for the game in Tampa, so thats another white at home.

- The pewter alts are likely to still be worn once.  I suspect it might be against Jacksonville or Tennessee as the pewter alts haven't been used in divisional games yet.

- Just my feelings, but seeing the Bucs and Jags go red v teal on Christmas Eve would be interesting, but unlikely.

- Bucs might go red against New Orleans so the Saints bring out their white Color Rush

No matter what shade of red the Bucs use, this is clear: they seem to be utterly committed and devoted to not using it. 

• Like 6

I'd definitely also prefer it was paired with a better football team lol.

Last year, the team broke them out for Monday Night Football at home. This year, it's a home game against a division rival. I'm pretty sure Kraft's idea is to bring back the dynasty aesthetic for big games, although the team has not obliged him by playing like the Brady days.

15 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I just want to know what genius decided to make navy leggings the only pants/sock look for both the home and road jerseys after Brady left. Actually one of the dumbest uniform decisions ever.

Especially given the silver pants with the home jersey is overwhelmingly what the fans are asking for.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

I just want to know what genius decided to make navy leggings the only pants/sock look for both the home and road jerseys after Brady left. Actually one of the dumbest uniform decisions ever.

Gotta blame Bill Bellicose for that one, he probably even decides what brand of toilet paper they keep in the locker room.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

THANK YOU, Browns, for avoiding the cliched freezing emoji. And for having stripes on your white socks. 

They're still doing the Watson spunk treatment on their tweets tho

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

6uXNWAo.png

On 10/19/2023 at 2:27 PM, ruttep said:

Happy about this combo, but the replies to this tweet are embarrassing. All the Ravens fans apparently want all black or all purple. Hopefully the Ravens don't listen to all that noise and continue to dress like a proper team.

I saw the Tweets! Very eye opening.

On 10/21/2023 at 12:06 AM, timjameskohler said:

No matter what shade of red the Bucs use, this is clear: they seem to be utterly committed and devoted to not using it. 

It does seem like they only wear red like 5 times a year, sometimes even less. The one recent exception being 2019 where, between the standard home and Color Rush, they wore red 8 times.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

20 hours ago, ruttep said:

I blame whoever decided to stop wearing silver pants on the road anymore after 1999. The mess they've made with their current uniforms was just the next step.

I actually wonder if it's one of those superstitious things. The last time they wore silver pants on the road, they had a huge meltdown in Philly with four INTs and three fumbles.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

49 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

New England is going to get absolutely annihilated while wearing silver pants, chalk it up to bad luck and superstition instead of just being a :censored: team, and never wear them again.

They did exactly that last year when the Bears beat them. I think we may see them again next week in Miami regardless of the outcome today.

7 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Not an entirely accurate Vet Stadium design but still very cool to see nontheless. 

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEhCK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAx

F8_saeiXsAADTvx?format=jpg&name=4096x409

There was a soccer game there Tuesday, and Temple football on Friday.  I'm actually shocked it looks that good.  They probably had to resod parts of it too, which would delay the painting*.  I suppose they didn't paint the end zones for Temple game, but they still didn't have the usual amount of time to go all out.

Really glad they had the time to add the "end racism" message in the end zone.  That way, anyone who's racist and watching the game might change their ways.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."