2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

Disappointing to see the Ravens & Seahawks both all-white below the jersey. The worst thing about this trend is when both teams do it at the same time on the same field. 

Also, the Falcons did a feature story about DBs recently where they modeled the players wearing the white pants and white socks with the black jersey. I fear it's only a matter of time before they jump on this senseless bandwagon. 

It's funny to me how it really must be that most people just don't notice these things? Today I was running some errands about an hour before kickoff and the radio crew (who is the same for every pregame show) said, "the Falcons are going with the all-black look today" and something to the effect of "oh man, what do you think of that?" and "Jerry Glanville would be proud!" ... all as if black on black hasn't been their primary home look since the rebrand (not to mention the fact Glanville's teams wore silver pants)?? They even used Back in Black by ACDC as the bumper music. 

Like, it was if they just saw the uniform post from the team with no recollection of what they wore before and thought it was noteworthy. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

The Jaguars 90s themed game is next Sunday. Could Jacksonville be giving us a throwback?

No. We would have known by now.

We will probably get the classic endzones and old logo at midfield and if we're lucky maybe the old logo on the helmet but swapping the helmet decal would be goofy.

bSLCtu2.png

4 minutes ago, canzman said:

Regular Season Week 10 (Part1) (BYES: Chiefs, Dolphins, Eagles, Rams)
Panthers @ Bears
kJLWsqn.jpg RVmg8HK.jpg
Colts @ Patriots
dveVoNJ.jpg OQJmYoJ.jpg
Browns @ Ravens
0uRfbPL.jpg 8eeBiE1.jpg
Texans @ Bengals
bq6leEV.jpg uo15Lxb.jpg
49ers @ Jaguars
ggzYdxu.jpg GwGu3S0.jpg
Saints @ Vikings
rdT6sUs.jpg 977bgoy.jpg
Packers @ Steelers 
jApf2qb.jpg 3r5mKoy.jpg

As much as I would love the Saints to go white/gold for this one, I’m sure they’ll go with the “icy” all-white long-Johns or white/black pants and leotard socks. As for the Vikings, I’m thinking purple/white, but I’m sure a majority of players will still have mono-white socks. Either way, it’s guaranteed that one of these teams will find a way to screw up what could be a really great looking game.

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

How is it that the Jets can have one of the best looks in the NFL while simultaneously having one of, if not the absolute worst look

spacer.png

spacer.png

I like them both. Black works for them. Hate modernization and AhH SoCkS all you want, but the Jets don't have a bad look.

6uXNWAo.png

I feel like the Jets are trying to mask their self-inflicted wounds here.

The helmet, because of it's awesome finish, often appears black - or at least a very-dark green that clashes with their green jersey and green pants.  The black pants are bad, but IMO work with the helmet more than their green does.  It's an adjustment to mask a problem that they themselves created, but they can't fix it so gotta do what they gotta do.

Obviously their throwbacks are their superior look, but their current one could be salvaged with a helmet that better matches the green, the throwback logo on it (they could round the letters some if they need it to match the rest of their branding), and smaller wordmark.  Relatively-minor things that should be easily doable, but would have a tremendous impact.

Until then (which is unlikely to happen), we're going to see more of this, and I have to reluctantly say that it's probably a better look for them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, canzman said:

They added the Oiler throwback but didn't remove the Columbia Blue from the closet

That is false

https://news.sportslogos.net/2023/07/23/tennessee-titans-unveil-houston-oilers-throwback-uniforms/football/

From the mothership: "Interestingly, the Oilers throwback uniforms will now replace the Titans’ light blue alternate jerseys in the rotation, joining the navy blue home and white road jerseys, rather than add a fourth uniform option."

• Like 2

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

1 minute ago, MNtwins3 said:

That is false

https://news.sportslogos.net/2023/07/23/tennessee-titans-unveil-houston-oilers-throwback-uniforms/football/

From the mothership: "Interestingly, the Oilers throwback uniforms will now replace the Titans’ light blue alternate jerseys in the rotation, joining the navy blue home and white road jerseys, rather than add a fourth uniform option."

That doesn’t mean they’re removed from the style guide and are *technically* an option, and that they’ve removed it from the rotation on their own.  While it might turn out to be accurate, I’m not sure a mothership article can always be taken as gospel. Even in this case, the wording is a little vague.  “Replacing in the rotation” doesn’t mean “mothballed” or “not available”. 

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

That doesn’t mean they’re removed from the style guide and are *technically* an option, and that they’ve removed it from the rotation on their own.  While it might turn out to be accurate, I’m not sure a mothership article can always be taken as gospel. Even in this case, the wording is a little vague.  “Replacing in the rotation” doesn’t mean “mothballed” or “not available”. 

Uni-Watch described them as "mothballed"

https://uni-watch.com/2023/07/24/tennessee-titans-unveil-houston-oilers-throwback-uniform/

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Just a thought. Maybe since the Buccaneers have been losing a lot in their white pants, perhaps they’ll start breaking out the pewter pants again?

Also, on that note, do we wonder if the Buccaneers possibly don’t like the shade of pewter they currently have? It is a bit more on the brown side.