2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

1 minute ago, ruttep said:

You... want your team to lose a playoff game? Huh??

Winning is not an option.  I just want the Ass Birds to lose by a somewhat non-disrespectful score.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Winning is not an option.  I just want the Ass Birds to lose by a somewhat non-disrespectful score.

I doubt that any loss would be respectful considering what's happened

8 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I doubt that any loss would be respectful considering what's happened

I guess I just want them shot in the chest instead of the face, so they can have an open casket, unlike how they did Tommy in Goodfellas. 

• LOL 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here's what I think we see this weekend:

Browns: orange/white/orange/white

Texans: navy/navy/white/white

Browns seem to like orange pants in big games, Texans stick to regular home uniforms.

Dolphins: white/white/aqua/aqua

Chiefs: red/red/white/red

Dolphins haven't worn aqua pants in a while and just lost in all white, also lost in all white earlier this year.

Steelers: black/white/yellow/black

Bills: white/blue/white/blue

Bills just won in blue over white.

Packers: yellow/green/yellow/green

Cowboys: silver/white/seafoam/blue

Regular uniforms.

Rams: blue/white/yellow/blue

Lions: silver/blue/blue/blue

Rams stick to yellow pants in the playoffs, Lions stay in monochrome after losing at home in blue over silver early this season.

Eagles: green/green/white/white

Bucs: pewter/white/pewter/black

Bucs just lost in red over pewter and lost to Eagles in red earlier this season. White over pewter has been their playoff primary.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Browns: orange/white/orange/white

Texans: navy/navy/white/white

Will be an excellent matchup if the Texans wear navy socks like a proper team (unlikely)

Dolphins: white/white/aqua/aqua

Chiefs: red/red/white/red

Would like to see the white/white/white/aqua combo, but I doubt the Dolphins break it out again after getting waxed in it by the Ravens

Steelers: black/white/yellow/black

Bills: white/blue/white/blue

Please this. Excellent matchup.

Packers: yellow/green/yellow/green

Cowboys: silver/white/seafoam/blue

Absolute classic. Beautiful.

Rams: blue/white/yellow/blue

Lions: silver/blue/blue/blue

Would like the silver pants, but this Lions team has had a severe case of Arizona Cardinals syndrome for most of the year. Just can't stop wearing monochrome combos.

Eagles: green/green/white/white

Bucs: pewter/white/pewter/black

Would like the Bucs to wear red over pewter and the Eagles in white over green, but this isn't the worst. It will look worse than the playoff game two years ago because most of the Eagles have since forgotten that black socks exist.

11 hours ago, ruttep said:

Cannot understate how much better Cowboys navy looks when paired with silver pants.

Also looks much better because half the cowboys players now wear white socks instead of the proper royal or navy blue socks. The white socks don’t look AS BAD on the regular home and away uniforms compared to when they wear the navy throwbacks or navy jerseys with the white pants.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

And good god that Lions all-gray set. Pure trash. Can we delete that please?

Be careful what you wish for. I’ve heard rumors that next year the Lions will have black alternate uniforms. Not sure if it will be black jerseys with gray pants like it was in the past or mono black uniforms but I’m guessing it will be the latter.

• WOAH 1

22 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Be careful what you wish for. I’ve heard rumors that next year the Lions will have black alternate uniforms. Not sure if it will be black jerseys with gray pants like it was in the past or mono black uniforms but I’m guessing it will be the latter.

Imo black uniforms > grey uniforms. (both are terrible)

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

I was one of the few people who liked the Lions black jersey, I'm aware it only happened because Matt Millen is a goober and wanted to play Raiders dress up but I still liked it.

72950273.0.jpg

They were suppose to bring it back in 2016 with the mandated Color Rush but they never wore it, it was definitely some good tweaks over the previous black look. Since it was never worn there's no full photo of what it looked like in full. The only example of it is in a promo shot and Madden 17, also they sold replicas of the jersey.

020900efb37c11522ac9c4d1ad468196.jpg

color-rush-detroit-lions-madden-nfl-17_p

2016101916315017801.jpg

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

bSLCtu2.png

Realistically, the odds wouldn't be great, but the Steelers would be the best looking opponent to go to Baltimore of the teams that can advance to that side of the AFC divisional round. That rivalry has seen nearly, if not every playoff matchup in Pittsburgh, so to see that in Baltimore at this time of year would be refreshing and entertaining. If we're talking about the other teams, Miami would go white/aqua after the Week 17 loss and make for a repeat of the 2022 comeback game, and both the Browns & Texans would make for the same uniform matchups we saw in Weeks 1 and 10, though Cleveland is a strong second-best IMO.

The Niners also have two very good candidates that can make for a good looking game at Santa Clara, and all but one of them are straight-forward. Packers need no introduction, and the Rams can just repeat this week's matchup if they're the ones to make it. Bucs would be okay and I don't know if I can trust the Eagles to go white/green if they go.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

Those Cardinals uniforms would be head and shoulders above the previous set, if only they would mix and match. Alas...

The 90's state flag white uniforms are so beloved...it's befuddling to think they ignored that direction in favor of mono-madness, shoehorning in silver, and a giant ARIZONA across the chest...

• Like 3

Since there's no TBD on the Bucs and Eagles jerseys, are those colors confirmed?  I'm not sure where they would have been confirmed yet, and usually there's a TBD for anything that's unknown.

• Like 1

Browns Texans is likely to be a repeat of Week 16, unless Houston wears all-navy, which it has done several times before. I hate that they always play in this exact Saturday slot literally every time they make the  playoffs.

Miami should be in white over aqua, which would clash nicely with KC in red and make up for that visual dud in Germany.

Bills should stick with blue on white, which they keep winning in and would make for a great-looking game with Pittsburgh..

With how little playoff success Dallas has  had recently and against Green Bay, could they shock us all and wear navy against the Packers for a change? I would love that. I believe they are 4-0 in navy this year.

Rams Lions could very well feature both teams in blue pants. Maybe the Rams wear their Super Bowl combo, but maybe they stick with their seemingly preferred blue pants. At least the shades are a bit different. If they wear yellow pants, every game on Sunday will have one team in yellow pants with Green Bay and Pittsburgh playing in the other windows.

Eagles Bucs is sure to disappoint in some way. The Eagles probably think the green pants are bad luck and will go back to the undefeated all-white look if Tampa even wears red, which I’m not counting on.

29 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

I will note, the Texans lost to the Browns in navy over white a few weeks ago, and their last playoff win came in mono blue at home. Would not be shocked to see Houston wear all blue. 

Either way, it'll probably be the last time we see the Texans in this Navy blue uniform that they have had since 2002.

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

Browns Texans is likely to be a repeat of Week 16, unless Houston wears all-navy, which it has done several times before. I hate that they always play in this exact Saturday slot literally every time they make the  playoffs.

Its ridiculous that they always get the saturday day  game slot.

1 hour ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Its ridiculous that they always get the saturday day  game slot.

It's one of those things that the NFL seems to think is clever/traditional, when in reality it's just annoying.

There are other non-glamorous Wildcard slots if the league dislikes the Texans so much. Why not put them Sunday at 1 or on Monday night for a change? Instead it's the least appealing game of the weekend on Monday and the second straight year Tampa is hosting that one.

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

It's one of those things that the NFL seems to think is clever/traditional, when in reality it's just annoying.

There are other non-glamorous Wildcard slots if the league dislikes the Texans so much. Why not put them Sunday at 1 or on Monday night for a change? Instead it's the least appealing game of the weekend on Monday and the second straight year Tampa is hosting that one.

And trust me, after last year where our wet fart of a season ended with a wet fart of a game in the playoffs, absolutely none of us are happy that we got the Monday game once again. Give us literally any other time slot, I don't care, but this one wasn't it. I would've been thrilled with a repeat of 2021 and playing the Eagles at 1:00 on Sunday.

spacer.png