2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

1 minute ago, ruttep said:

The 49ers just came into Philly and beat the brakes off of the Eagles. After probably the worst offensive quarter of the season where we didn't manage a single play for positive yardage, we scored a touchdown on every single drive up until Sam Darnold's kneeldowns. This is the best I've felt after a Niners win in a while. 

Brock Purdy > Jalen Hurts.

We'll revisit this again in February. 

For as good as SF has been the past couple seasons—even making it to the SB twice—they haven't yet been able to finish the deal. Perhaps this is the season they get that elusive "one for the thumb" (and in so doing shut up the Puhlamalu Steelerheads at the same time), but until then, it is what it is.

BUT, as Chris Berman once used to say, "THAT'S why they play the games."

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Just now, tBBP said:

For as good as SF has been the past couple seasons—even making it to the SB twice—they haven't yet been able to finish the deal. Perhaps this is the season they get that elusive "one for the thumb" (and in so doing shut up the Puhlamalu Steelerheads at the same time), but until then, it is what it is.

That's fair, but

The 49ers just hung 42 on Philly IN Philly. I'm going to enjoy this one and be a delusional homer for the next couple of days. I'm just going to remind you that Eagles fans would have been even more obnoxious about this if they had won.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tBBP said:

FWIW, the  Niners got "the one for the thumb" in 1994.

BB52Big.jpg

6 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

FWIW, the  Niners got "the one for the thumb" in 1994.

I meant the other thumb. #6. (Sorry, should have made that clear.) That's what they were yapping about in Pittsburgh back in '08 when they won #6. (Or at least the Burghers I lived amongst at the time.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

5 minutes ago, ruttep said:

That's fair, but

The 49ers just hung 42 on Philly IN Philly. I'm going to enjoy this one and be a delusional homer for the next couple of days. I'm just going to remind you that Eagles fans would have been even more obnoxious about this if they had won.

This too is fair. I mean shoot, relish in the victory now. And actually, I can tolerate the obnoxious Eagle Syndicate, don't mind them at all. It's the Cowboy Syndicate I can't stand. Never could. Even worse than the Steelerheads....because they keep the media in their hip pocket right alongside them.

6 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I meant the other thumb. #6. (Sorry, should have made that clear.) That's what they were yapping about in Pittsburgh back in '08 when they won #6. (Or at least the Burghers I lived amongst at the time.)

Leave it to Steelers fans to put that 6th ring on their other thumb instead of their ring finger like anyone with a brain would.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

BB52Big.jpg

Can't the NFL do something about its clear and obvious officiating problem? We all have eyes and every close game can't keep on coming down to whether the officials get the calls right or not.

Can't there be a "common sense" third party that overturns really stupid penalties or adds pass interference when it's clearly happening?

EDIT: I'm not rooting for the Chiefs, but they should have had 1st and goal at the end there. That was horse:censored:.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Can't the NFL do something about its clear and obvious officiating problem? We all have eyes and every close game can't keep on coming down to whether the officials get the calls right or not.

Can't there be a "common sense" third party that overturns really stupid penalties or adds pass interference when it's clearly happening?

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio thinks that the NFL will not do anything unless they have their own "Tim Donanghy" scandal in which an NFL referee or referees bet on games, leading to a Congressional investigation that threatens to get rid of the NFL's Antitrust Exemption.  

Besides, when he is going to be asked about it during Super Bowl Week, Roger Goddell is probably going to say "our officiating is the best its ever been" as he said last year.  

Like the Patriots before them, the Chiefs are built around drawing timely pass interference calls and this week they didn't get them. Shouldn't have needed the refs to beat the mediocre Packers anyway.

• Facepalm 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

EDIT: I'm not rooting for the Chiefs, but they should have had 1st and goal at the end there. That was horse:censored:.

Can we also talk about the hit on Mahomes that was called a late hit when he was still running with the ball inbounds?

If college ball can correct personal foul calls, then should should the NFL. Seeing way too much "unnecessary roughness" when it's 100% clean.

• Like 4

6uXNWAo.png

1 minute ago, Cujo said:

Can we also talk about the hit on Mahomes that was called a late hit when he was still running with the ball inbounds?

If college ball can correct personal foul calls, then should should the NFL. Seeing way too much "unnecessary roughness" when it's 100% clean.

That was nonsense too. The net effect is they kind of evened out, but still. Just get it right the first time.

There's 7 years in between plays in the NFL. Just get it right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

28 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I'm not rooting for the Chiefs, but they should have had 1st and goal at the end there. That was horse:censored:.

That was a makeup call for the horse:censored: roughing call on the Packers a couple plays earlier, but your point remains.

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

That was a makeup call for the horse:censored: roughing call on the Packers a couple plays earlier, but your point remains.

Clown Ref show showed itself on the Chiefs final drive.  A terrible late hit call to protect Lord Mahomes put the refs in a bad spot. They knew they couldn't pick up that flag or it would make them look less competent. So what do the zebras do? Allow Green Bay to get away with blatant DPI which would've given KC the ball in the red zone. But wait, there's more! The refs finish a job well done by gifting the Pack another "Get our of DPI free" card on the final hail mary play. And against future HOFer Mr Pfizer, of all people!

Trash reffing, But the right team won.

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

3 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Cowboys fans should probably sit this one out.

When there’s an opportunity to clown on the Eagles, I never will turn that down. They got blown out by the Super Bowl favorite just like the Cowboys did in an equally embarrassing fashion.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

13 minutes ago, Cujo said:

So much BS at the end of that game, I totally forgot about the clock stoppage when MVS's fwd progress was stopped/he going backwards out of bounds! 🙄

When you get the rules expert saying the call was wrong, you know it’s a terrible call. I was fairly certain those guys existed just to gaslight the viewer into thinking the officiating isn’t that bad. 

IUe6Hvh.png

8 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

When there’s an opportunity to clown on the Eagles, I never will turn that down. They got blown out by the Super Bowl favorite just like the Cowboys did in an equally embarrassing fashion.

I'd argue it was worse because it was at home. And the 49ers actually scored their 42 points in only three quarters today. And we didn't even need any turnovers. From the second quarter onward, our possessions went TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, kneeldowns. 

22 hours ago, Dynasty said:

Week 15 Monday Night Football has changed from Chiefs-Patriots to Eagles-Seahawks.

I don't think I've ever seen a MNF game flexed; I thought they couldn't do it if the days were different.

I think the flexing of MNF was started in 2023.  You can read more here

https://www.nfl.com/schedules/flexible-scheduling-procedures

• For Sunday Night Football, it may be used up to three times between Weeks 5-14, and at the NFL's discretion during Weeks 15-17;
  • For Monday Night Football it may be used at the NFL's discretion in Weeks 12-17;
  • For Thursday Night Football it may be used up to twice between Weeks 13-17.
  • During the Flex Scheduling Windows, the games initially scheduled for Sunday Night Football (on NBC), Monday Night Football (ESPN or ABC), and Thursday Night Football (on Amazon Prime) are tentatively scheduled and subject to change;
  • Only Sunday afternoon games (or those listed as TBD) are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, Monday night, or Thursday night, in which case the initially scheduled Sunday, Monday, or Thursday night game would be moved to Sunday afternoon;
  • Sunday afternoon games may also be moved between 1:00 p.m. and 4:05 p.m. or 4:25 p.m. ET.