MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

14 minutes ago, 1stAndPhoremost said:

Since the Spring Training jerseys seem to be going the way of the dodo, is the same happening for the Spring Training caps? Haven’t seen any info for new ones in 2024.

New ST/BP hats are on the way for 2024. Uni-Watch had an article about the first 7 or 8 that were leaked.  Using a waffle material instead of trucker mesh. The waffle material is the same as was used on the 2020-22 Clubhouse hats (which is not a bad thing). 

https://uni-watch.com/2024/01/26/2024-mlb-spring-training-caps-begin-to-appear-online/

mens-new-era-light-blue-chicago-cubs-2024-spring-training-cactus-league-on-field-59fifty-fitted-hat_ss5_p-200398295pv-1u-ksrefxnrujgadanxbsxcv-o7p6wvgctl0bh6kmde3k.jpeg

mens-new-era-red-boston-red-sox-2024-spring-training-grapefruit-league-on-field-59fifty-fitted-hat_ss5_p-200398294pv-1u-xngxctaz9tzkaietb4h4v-ortjqv52jifqtsgjuxme.jpeg

(I like this reversion back to the 1997/98 alt hat for the Red Sox ST/BP)

• Like 9

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

New ST/BP hats are on the way for 2024. Uni-Watch had an article about the first 7 or 8 that were leaked.  Using a waffle material instead of trucker mesh. The waffle material is the same as was used on the 2020-22 Clubhouse hats (which is not a bad thing). 

https://uni-watch.com/2024/01/26/2024-mlb-spring-training-caps-begin-to-appear-online/

mens-new-era-light-blue-chicago-cubs-2024-spring-training-cactus-league-on-field-59fifty-fitted-hat_ss5_p-200398295pv-1u-ksrefxnrujgadanxbsxcv-o7p6wvgctl0bh6kmde3k.jpeg

mens-new-era-red-boston-red-sox-2024-spring-training-grapefruit-league-on-field-59fifty-fitted-hat_ss5_p-200398294pv-1u-xngxctaz9tzkaietb4h4v-ortjqv52jifqtsgjuxme.jpeg

(I like this reversion back to the 1997/98 alt hat for the Red Sox ST/BP)

Glad they're moving away from the dreadful trucker mesh. I noticed last year that some players on the Angels and Mets were wearing non-mesh ST caps which looked like this type of material.

Did Nike fix the rising incline of the Nationals’ script? The old version could have been good but it looked bad because it was much too steep.

spacer.png

It’s hard to say for sure, but the photo two posts above looks like the script is at a less severe angle. This replica would support that theory.

spacer.png

Also, I missed it the first time I posted these a week or so ago, but the Nats moved the sleeve stripe into the cuff. They also flip flopped the color orientation on the new template’s collar.

• Like 4

Boyyy the Natinals don't know what they want to look like right now, do they? Got all kind of Frankensteining going on there...

• Like 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Did Nike fix the rising incline of the Nationals’ script? The old version could have been good but it looked bad because it was much too steep.

spacer.png

It’s hard to say for sure, but the photo two posts above looks like the script is at a less severe angle. This replica would support that theory.

spacer.png

I was thinking the same thing about the incline.  It appears to be at a more palatable level.

4 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also, I missed it the first time I posted these a week or so ago, but the Nats moved the sleeve stripe into the cuff. They also flip flopped the color orientation on the new template’s collar.

Less severe angle...and smaller. The Nationals may be one team that actually benefits from Nike's "smaller front numbers" mandate. The front numbers in the first photo are ginormous!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I realize I'm quoting myself here, but this might be the first year in a while where we have two different lines of hats for ST and BP

This Padres ST hat was leaked today:

r/Padres - Padres 2024 Spring Training Hat Leaked

I found this Padres BP hat on eBay (listed as 2024 Batting Practice hat, and yes, that is the Padres gray/brown jersey color as the front bell panel)

New Era 7 5/8 San Diego Padres Fitted 59Fifty Hat 2024 Batting Practice 5950 Cap - Picture 4 of 7

OR...the Padres will have two different hats for both BP and ST lol.  It does seem like the ST hats are a bit more bright this year, so maybe that's the goal for spring. 

• Like 8

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I realize I'm quoting myself here, but this might be the first year in a while where we have two different lines of hats for ST and BP

This Padres ST hat was leaked today:

r/Padres - Padres 2024 Spring Training Hat Leaked

I found this Padres BP hat on eBay (listed as 2024 Batting Practice hat, and yes, that is the Padres gray/brown jersey color as the front bell panel)

New Era 7 5/8 San Diego Padres Fitted 59Fifty Hat 2024 Batting Practice 5950 Cap - Picture 4 of 7

OR...the Padres will have two different hats for both BP and ST lol.  It does seem like the ST hats are a bit more bright this year, so maybe that's the goal for spring. 

Maybe they will have a home BP hat and a road BP hat. While that might be overkill, it has happened before. 

• Like 2

On 1/28/2024 at 6:00 AM, aawagner011 said:

Couple looks at the Braves in the new on field template. The script and tomahawk seem a hair smaller. Sleeve trim has already been touched on, but still taking some getting used to. The Quikrete sponsor patch has changed from full embroidery to a cheaper patch with a thicker outline. It looks like the embroidery no longer goes deep under the placket to mask the clear separation (not sure of a better way to describe that). Also, they do not appear to have perforated numbers. Not sure if that’s something they were able to opt out of, or if they just slapped some old numbers on the new jerseys for their Fan Fest event.

If you click the tweets, you can view the photos in higher res and a better aspect ratio.

Great,  smaller script and smaller tomahawk...... but on the positive side, price is now up to $400 

Thank you Nike.

😓

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 11:34 AM, McCall said:

NatsFixed1.jpg

You know, if you were to make the body of the Nats alternate pullover red (with blue sleeves) or blue (with red sleeves) and gave it a half-zip, it would be a completely acceptable jacket. As a jersey? Oh hell to the no. But as a jacket? I've seen worse.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

I guess I must be the only person who like the raglan sleeve Nats alt? 

My gripes with the new Nats' alt:

- It's supposed to be a V-neck when it's really more of a "Y-neck."
- It looks incomplete without front numbers, especially when you remember the team's three other non-City Connect jerseys all have them. This supports the criticism that the design looks like a fashion jersey you'd find at Walmart. 

- Ultimately, it's not interesting enough to justify losing the red alternate. Having two white and no red jerseys  in your uniform rotation, especially when red is a co-dominant color with navy, is just poor planning. 

• Like 11

58 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

I guess I must be the only person who like the raglan sleeve Nats alt? 

Nah, I like it for what it is. Like @coco1997, I’m not sure I would have replaced the red alternate with it, but there’s nothing I find objectionable about it from a purely aesthetic standpoint. It does but me that they didn’t commit all the way  in one direction or the other though in terms of overall branding.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MJD7 said:

Nah, I like it for what it is. Like @coco1997, I’m not sure I would have replaced the red alternate with it, but there’s nothing I find objectionable about it from a purely aesthetic standpoint. It does but me that they didn’t commit all the way  in one direction or the other though in terms of overall branding.

I hate the collar, but will give the uniform the benefit of the doubt until I see it on the field

• Like 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

16 hours ago, coco1997 said:

- Ultimately, it's not interesting enough to justify losing the red alternate. Having two white and no red jerseys  in your uniform rotation, especially when red is a co-dominant color with navy, is just poor planning. 

Exactly. I've always considered the Nationals as a red team with with enough navy to make them stand out. In a sport where you got the Phillies (red with a splash of royal), Cards (red with a splash of navy) and Angels (red with a splash of navy), the Nationals felt different. When you look at the picture from fan fest, they now look like a navy team with red accents like the Braves, Indians, Twins and Red Sox. They slowly became this boring mess...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Exactly. I've always considered the Nationals as a red team with with enough navy to make them stant out. In a sport where you got the Phillies (red with a splash of royal), Cards (red with a splash of navy) and Angels (red with a splash of navy), the Nationals felt different. When you look at the picture from fan fest, they now look like a navy team with red accents like the Braves, Indians, Twins and Red Sox. They slowly became this boring mess...

Blame their 2019 playoff run in the navy alt for that

• Like 1

When do we expect the ST caps to drop? About a third of them have already leaked and I’m itching to see the full collection. I’m ready to pull the trigger on my red/navy Braves BP low crown without the ST patch. I used to buy them nearly every year and then New Era started mailing it in (plastic logos, bad materials, monochrome logos, etc). This year’s collection looks alright.