MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

In case anyone needed confirmation, the Philadelphia crowd is not pleased with the City Connects. Nobody gets the origin, nobody has any idea “why” it looks like it does, and it’s got a universal dislike from a visual perspective. Totally missed the mark here (but they didn’t even have to make a city connect!)

• Like 2

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

3 hours ago, rwaters1221 said:

I actually like the logo the Twins used but the colors are brutal. My favorite was the Twins using the original M logo s couple years back. 

Update: all of the 2024 Clubhouse hats are up on the MLB Shop now. Giants, Angels, Twins, Padres, Orioles, Pirates and Reds using interesting logos for them. 

https://www.mlbshop.com/?query=2024 Clubhouse &_ref=p-GALP:m-SEARCH

The smaller crowned Twins 39thirty BP looks far better than the huge crowned 59fifty.

Perhaps a different version is coming for ST but this is just a miss in my book

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Is this Angels cap logo new?

spacer.png
Men's Los Angeles Angels New Era Red 2024 Clubhouse 59FIFTY Fitted Hat (mlbshop.com)

It looks like a stylized version of their 1970-85 alternate logo. I'd love it if this logo returned in some capacity. 

Recolored for the Clubhouse hats (same with Rays’ ray logo). A normal colored logo has been used on the Angels Clubhouse hats since 2020.

It’s a poorly rendered logo by New Era. Compare the state outline to the logo on the mothership and it’s obvious. And they should have made the halo silver if they were into recoloring it. 

The Angels throwback jerseys should have the normal California patch on one of the sleeves.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The smaller crowned Twins 39thirty BP looks far better than the huge crowned 59fifty.

I completely agree. I could almost give it a pass if the front was grey instead of white too tie in with the away pinstripe but the white just makes it seem off. 

• Like 2

LOL, Phillies one has a logo they retired 4 years ago.

mens-new-era-black-philadelphia-phillies

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is pretty sweet.  There are some good ones in this collection.  Unfortunately not for my team :(

mens-new-era-navy-seattle-mariners-2024-

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 2/2/2024 at 11:23 AM, WSU151 said:

This is an odd design choice because the Twins don't even wear pinstripes currently. (Edited to clarify "on their home uniforms.")

At the least the Rockies (who's cap also features pinstripes) actually have pinstriped uniforms.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bmac said:

This is an odd design choice because the Twins don't even wear pinstripes currently. At the least the Rockies (who's cap also features pinstripes) actually have pinstriped uniforms.

If the background was grey instead of white it would make a bit more sense being that the away jersey has pinstripes. Just a very odd choice. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rwaters1221 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Based on their retired numbers?  I dig it for what their use is.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

It’s a poorly rendered logo by New Era. Compare the state outline to the logo on the mothership and it’s obvious.

Feels like it was rendered based on what parts of the state the average local feels is most important.

But in all seriousness, for this application I don't mind the outline to be so stylized to fit in the halo and not be too large and unwieldy.

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

What I REALLY wish they would have done that would have been a cash cow is make the batting practice hat just like their batting helmets. That is one hat I'd buy multiple of so I could switch out after it gets worn too much. Maybe the Spring Training cap will go that route. This hat at least saves me done money I guess. spacer.png

• Like 9
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, rwaters1221 said:

What I REALLY wish they would have done that would have been a cash cow is make the batting practice hat just like their batting helmets. That is one hat I'd buy multiple of so I could switch out after it gets worn too much. Maybe the Spring Training cap will go that route. This hat at least saves me done money I guess. spacer.png

They did that in the 2010s during the Diamond Era material phase…wouldn’t be surprised if they bring it back.

edit: Scheels took down the BP hats from their site, lol whoops. Full drop next week guaranteed. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

They did that in the 2010s during the Diamond Era material phase…wouldn’t be surprised if they bring it back

I have that hat and wear it often. The '47 Brand also made a version of the batting helmet design using the updated logo last year, but they only sold it in the team store. (I was already buying too much at the Target Field team store and later regretted not getting it while I was there.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I have that hat and wear it often. The '47 Brand also made a version of the batting helmet design using the updated logo last year, but they only sold it in the team store. (I was already buying too much at the Target Field team store and later regretted not getting it while I was there.)

I had that one from a few years ago but it got worn way too often and didn't have a back up. I went to a couple games last year and saw the '47 Brand option but didn't get it because it was only in a snap back. I really want it in a fitted version.  One of these days hopefully!

2 minutes ago, rwaters1221 said:

I had that one from a few years ago but it got worn way too often and didn't have a back up. I went to a couple games last year and saw the '47 Brand option but didn't get it because it was only in a snap back. I really want it in a fitted version.  One of these days hopefully!

As I've gotten older, I've come to prefer the '47 Brand "cleanup" style, which is a snapback. I only buy fitted if it's an on-field authentic. 

42 minutes ago, rwaters1221 said:

A hat like that should be the Twins' primary home hat. It's one minor thing I think the current set could use to elevate it to essentially perfect status. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

As I've gotten older, I've come to prefer the '47 Brand "cleanup" style, which is a snapback. I only buy fitted if it's an on-field authentic. 

That's my fav hat too. I really want to do a mystery hat where they send you a random hat. 

Currently wearing a navy Hartford Whalers hat that I get compliments on literally everywhere I go

• Like 1