MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

5 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

with you on all these, I have never heard of anyone refer to St. Louis as  The Lou.   I'd go Red pants and a navy belt (you know, to rep the Mississippi River) 

Nelly does/did. They even mention him in the Nike speak graphic leak.

Cardinals-CC-Leak2.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AnPheitseog said:

wait, a source on this? I never heard this, but would love it to be true.

To my knowledge the team hasn't come out and confirmed it, but the fact that the Yankees are one of only two teams (the other being the A's, for obvious reasons) who won't have debuted at least one design by season's end should be some indication. 

16 hours ago, Green27 said:

The Cardinals CC isn't bad, it's just extremely boring. I'm exhausted from teams posting 10 emojis reacting to their own jersey that is just their city name but abbreviated for fun. 

IMO "extremely boring" is bad in its own way. It means that it really has no right to exist. The Cardinals have a very nice "normal" uniform set, so it's definitely disappointing that they will be wearing something boring/inferior at least once over every homestand.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

IMO "extremely boring" is bad in its own way. It means that it really has no right to exist. The Cardinals have a very nice "normal" uniform set, so it's definitely disappointing that they will be wearing something boring/inferior at least once over every homestand.

My logic behind not wanting alts is right there.

Is it a better look than your regular look? Then wear it all the time. If not, don't wear it.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, VikWings said:

"The St. Louis Cardinals organization truly hopes to embody the spirit of the guy who did the 'take off your clothes' song from your freshman-year homecoming dance." 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Seeing the Nationals' new roads for the first time tonight.  WTF where they going for here?  If they wanted to ditch the script and go with a more plain look, they could have at least used a more traditional narrow-block font rather than the thicker (or maybe it's just shorter?) one they used that almost looks bubbly.

IMO they'd look better if they went simple like what the Yankees used to use (navy outlined in white), or if they used the same font as the old Mets roads, but with a navy number outlined in white and then red.  The way it is now, with the red outlines touching each other, looks awful.  

Not to mention the BREAK IN THE GODDAM "I".  What the hell?  How the hell did nobody think to shift things just a few mm to avoid that?

2560px-David_Cone_19-K_game_jersey.jpg

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, VikWings said:

Cardinals-CC-Leak2.jpg

My mind immediately went to him saying "I'm from the Lou and I'm proud" in the song Country Grammar.

• Like 4

bSLCtu2.png

21 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The Yankees seemingly opted out of the program. I suppose they could always change their mind after this year, though.

Insane that they believe  they are  beyond a CC uniform but  just fine with an ugly ad patch on the sleeve...🙄

A Navy blue jersey in the style of this St. Louis CC jersey would not exactly tarnish their brand.

:censored:, you can get pink, purple, red, green Yankee caps, and 10 million different kind of merchandise with the NY logo on it.  From purses to underwear to  soap dispensers!

Are they really trying to tell us, that they are so precious and holy  that a CC uniform is beneath them!?

• Like 2
  • Meh 1

2 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

Insane that they believe  they are  beyond a CC uniform but  just fine with an ugly ad patch on the sleeve...🙄

A Navy blue jersey in the style of this St. Louis CC jersey would not exactly tarnish their brand.

:censored:, you can get pink, purple, red, green Yankee caps, and 10 million different kind of merchandise with the NY logo on it.  From purses to underwater to  soap dispensers!

Are they really trying to tell us, that they are so precious and holy  that a CC uniform is beneath them!?

Agreed. As soon as the Yankees adopted an ad patch the whole "sanctity" of their brand kind of went out the window. Plus, nothing stopped them from participating in the Players' Weekend promotions in years' past.

A monochrome navy design with something that pays homage to the city of NYC and/or team history and doesn't incorporate any off-brand colors would be fine

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

20 hours ago, VikWings said:

Cardinals city connects are solid and tame. Didn't expect them to go outside the box. DeWitt is good when it comes to that stuff. I don't really like the hat though, but I also can't come up with anything better for it that they don't already wear on one of their regular hats. Maybe that fleur-de-lis logo?

Most folks def. think of New Orleans and the Saints when they see that logo

2 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Agreed. As soon as the Yankees adopted an ad patch the whole "sanctity" of their brand kind of went out the window. Plus, nothing stopped them from participating in the Players' Weekend promotions in years' past.

A monochrome navy design with something that pays homage to the city of NYC and/or team history and doesn't incorporate any off-brand colors would be fine

Navy jersey with white pin stripes..... think that would look really nice.

• Like 1
  • Hurl 2

2 hours ago, adsarebad said:

:censored:, you can get pink, purple, red, green Yankee caps, and 10 million different kind of merchandise with the NY logo on it.  From purses to underwear to  soap dispensers!

Just because they sell it doesn't meant the team has to wear it. They can still make money by selling it without wearing it -- I wish other teams tried that.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3

It's where I sit.

20 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Plus the Yankees have always done in on the Mothers/Fathers/Armed Forces/4th of July hats and merch. I wonder if with the CC though how they are designed? Is it in the same way as the NFL articles that UW mentioned and the team asks a designer, and they send something off, then go from there? You would have to assume so.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I'd say that the Yankee$' "sanctity of the uniform" argument was negated as soon as they allowed the Mark of the Beast to appear.

Edited by M59
possessive

20 hours ago, adsarebad said:

Most folks def. think of New Orleans and the Saints when they see that logo

Agreed. When I see the fleur-de-lis, I think of New Orleans...or France. St. Louis, MO doesn't immediately leap to mind.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, adsarebad said:

Navy jersey with white pin stripes..... think that would look really nice.

That idea was rightfully shot down 50 years ago. Take a look at this Wikipedia feature on the Yanks' uniforms. 

Although the Yankees have worn the same road uniform since 1918 (with the exception of 1927 to 1930, when the arched "NEW YORK" was replaced by the word "YANKEES"), a radical change was proposed in 1974. Marty Appel, in his book Now Pitching for the Yankees, describes the proposed uniforms:[8]

In 1974 I walked into (then-General Manager) Gabe Paul's office to find samples of new Yankee road uniforms draped across his sofa. They were the opposite of the home pinstripes – they were navy with white pinstripes. The NY logo was in white. Gabe liked them. I nearly fainted. Although the drab gray road uniforms were not exciting, with the plain NEW YORK across the chest, they were just as much the Yankees' look as were the home uniforms. I think my dramatic disdain helped saved [sic] the day and saved the Yankees from wearing those awful pajamas on the field.

21 minutes ago, namefornamesake said:

That idea was rightfully shot down 50 years ago. Take a look at this Wikipedia feature on the Yanks' uniforms. 

Although the Yankees have worn the same road uniform since 1918 (with the exception of 1927 to 1930, when the arched "NEW YORK" was replaced by the word "YANKEES"), a radical change was proposed in 1974. Marty Appel, in his book Now Pitching for the Yankees, describes the proposed uniforms:[8]

In 1974 I walked into (then-General Manager) Gabe Paul's office to find samples of new Yankee road uniforms draped across his sofa. They were the opposite of the home pinstripes – they were navy with white pinstripes. The NY logo was in white. Gabe liked them. I nearly fainted. Although the drab gray road uniforms were not exciting, with the plain NEW YORK across the chest, they were just as much the Yankees' look as were the home uniforms. I think my dramatic disdain helped saved [sic] the day and saved the Yankees from wearing those awful pajamas on the field.

That would be the perfect way to do it. The White Sox did it with theirs, I think it would be a great way to keep a traditional look (I.e. pinstripes) with a more modern outlook, and keep it in the Yankee's ballpark. Even do a hat with a Navy "NY" logo outlined in white and boom. There it is.