MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

58 minutes ago, Maz said:

I'd prefer this with the regular black cap (the 79 tribute BP cap just feels too busy). That said, while I'm sure I'm in the minority, I like this look a lot.

All black looks great on the Pirates, and it would look great on the Giants and White Sox too.  

The regular hats would be better, but so would a top without the unnecessary number outline, and a non-black script.  I'm not sure solid yellow would look great, but I'm not a fan of this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

39 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

The Pirates are really trying to open the floodgates.

I would disagree. Their current set and the CC benefit from having the same colors. Other teams don’t all use their team colors. The Astros are one that comes to mind, as well as the White Sox. But no team is switching out their normal hat for the CC hat or BP hat or vice versa. It wouldn’t work with a team like the Cubs or Rays. 

A couple of unrelated points/questions...

-So we never got an explanation why the ASG unis were light blue, peachy orange, black and cream? I don't love ASG unis but they were way better when they were at least using the host team's colors.

-Are CC uniforms using the new smaller lettering? I feel like I'm not sure of this when I see them. In general, are all the CC uniforms using the 2024 jersey templates or are they possible using 2023 templates?

-Twins City Connect, the MN logo, has anyone else noticed that the left and right points of the yellow star aren't in line or centered with the curves of the M and N? The left side point sticks out farther then M while the right one seems to flow more directly into the N.

On 2024-07-18 at 2:07 AM, jrodsep said:

If MLB/Nike want to sell jerseys for the All Star game and the new fangled jerseys are atrocious, why don’t they put everyone in throwbacks?

1993 Marlins

Why 1993 and not the World Series winning 1997 Marlins?

4 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Why 1993 and not the World Series winning 1997 Marlins?

Teal hats in 1993, black hats in 1997

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 minutes ago, Ark said:

The Marlins 1997 uniforms are their best though so...

In terms of the home uniform, I would agree that the 1997 uniforms were peak Marlins, and the sleeveless home variant was peak 1997.

attachment_php.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=57cea3

13 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

In terms of the home uniform, I would agree that the 1997 uniforms were peak Marlins, and the sleeveless home variant was peak 1997.

What a weird time for MLB jersey design. Many teams had both a regular and sleeveless version of the same uniform

• Like 2

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

5 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Sidebar: as much as I would LOVE for MLB to bring back vests, with the stuff being pumped out these days, I don't think I'd care to see how fan versions would turn out...

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Posted (edited)

New Era made mini mascot hats for almost all 30 teams in 3 colors (goldish (?) brown, white and team color), they created three mascots for the 3 teams that do not employ one (Yanks, Angels and Dodgers)

spacer.png

New Era missed a golden opportunity to revive Dandy there instead created a baby bear for the Yankees. Inspired by Yogi Berra/Yogi Bear perhaps?

spacer.png

Angels have the rally monkey they have used on the scoreboard since the early aughts.

spacer.png

Dodgers have a silver koala. Apparently the koala and the Dodgers go back to the 80s with the Blue Crew which is a kids club.

spacer.png

Red Sox don't have just one

spacer.png

They have 2 sets of mini mascot hats

Edited by TrueYankee26
I noticed they do not have Cubs or Brewers so not all teams
  • WOAH 1
  • Hate 1

14 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

New Era made mini mascot hats for all 30 teams spacer.png

Angels have the rally monkey they have used on the scoreboard since the early aughts.

Good to know the Rally Monkey is still around (I was just wondering about that the other day) although this rendering is...odd. Question the choice of sewage tan as the only fitted option, and--given that the baby bird is mostly black--choosing black instead of orange as the Orioles' team color is a miss. IDK who they think is gonna buy these. Guess time will tell.
https://www.neweracap.com/collections/mlb-mini-mascot?sort_by=manual&filter.p.m.my_fields.team=Baltimore+Orioles

14 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Dodgers have a silver koala. Apparently the koala and the Dodgers go back to the 80s with the Blue Crew which is a kids club.

As I'm sure you remember, in the late 1980s, the U.S. experienced a short-lived infatuation with Australian culture. For some bizarre reason, the Aussies thought this would be a permanent thing! Of course, it wasn't.

• Like 5

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, The_Admiral said:

As I'm sure you remember, in the late 1980s, the U.S. experienced a short-lived infatuation with Australian culture. For some bizarre reason, the Aussies thought this would be a permanent thing! Of course, it wasn't.

It was all this guy's fault.

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

3 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

Insert recycled joke from “Bart vs. Australia” here and now I owe 900 dollarydoos.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

1-14791442182.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

1-14791442182.jpg

I have no memory of this.  I guess I had grown out of the target demographic by the Cloris Leachman/George Clooney era.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃