2023-'24 NHL season

Kramerica Industries

Two reminders:

1. Hot takes are not moderation worthy.

2. If you insist on reporting a post, submitting a blank one will just be disregarded and mocked amongst the moderators.

Carry on.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

VmWIn6B.png

9 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

I think it would be nice for the panthers to win their first championship, actually. I think I would be happy for them and their fans were that to happen. I would personally prefer to see the oilers break canada's drought, but in the event of an EDM/FLA final, I'd be satisfied with either outcome.

@Unocal are you doing a bit? be honest.

I am usually a fan of first time champions in any sport and this would be the first for the Panthers, but if Dallas somehow gets in, I will be rooting for Dallas.  

We saw three first time champions in the NHL, NBA and MLB last year.  We won't be getting that this year in the NBA and we might get that in the NHL. 

• Love 1

It's interesting that the Hurricanes still get all this credit for being the smartest organization of all time when they've pretty much just been a second-round out and seem to be watching their window closing. Imagine how smart the Panthers must be. One of the last two years, they even beat the Hurricanes.

• LOL 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

I'm heartbroken. I thought this was the year.

I was cautiously optimistic. I knew beating Florida was going to be a tough hill to climb.

BB52Big.jpg

12 hours ago, Unocal said:

Florida is a team only a bandwagoner could love. They are everything that Gary Bettman loves and real fans hare.

If you really think the NHL would prefer their most valuable franchise in the league's biggest market not winning a championship, you're delusional.

Matter of fact, I'll use this as a jumping-off point for anyone crying Conspiracy: if Bettman's NHL was really rigging or scripting games, don't you think their three most valuable franchises would have won more than two championships during his administration, and more than none in the last 30 years? Use your head.

• Like 1

As a native Floridian and increasingly bigger hockey fan (whose team is out in Nevada, much to the chagrin of...ha, what does it matter?!), I can PROMISE you Bettaboy ain't favoring no Panthers.  I highly doubt very many outside south Florida favor the Panthers (except the guy above who posted the panther image).

I mean, I'll pull for them in the Finals if they end up going against Dallas (because home state and all), but if Edmonton gets in, I'll pull for Edmonton just for the chance to see a Canadian team raise Lord Stanley for the first time in waaayyy too long...

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

13 hours ago, Unocal said:

Toronto fans have been waited for decades just to have a shot at a Cup. Panthers 'fans' have gotten two in a row even though they don't know the meaning of long-suffering.

Lol, you're blaming the wrong people there. That's not Florida's fault. Not by a long-shot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

You say that like these don't exist:

fotih31tn5r345nufo5xxayh3.gif1422202020.gifdmo1xf3z4pph27vmg3gf.gif

...and that's just hockey.

nope

the Panthers logo is absolutely abhorrent

as are their uniforms

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

In a uniform matchup between the Panthers and Rangers, I would have preferred the Rangers, but the Panthers are pretty nice too. The only detail that drives me nuts is the blue numbers on the road sweater. If those were red, it would be a much better set. (I also prefer the leaping Panther, but the crest is pretty nice too, wayyyyy better than the likes of the Kings, Ducks, and Canucks.) 

Really hoping to see an Oilers-Panthers final, because there’s a lot of fun players to root for either way. Both franchises haven’t had success in a long time, and it would be neat to see McDavid and Co. get one before the band has to break up. And I’m excited for Kyle Okoposo’s run! 
And as much as the Stars have the whole lots-of-old-guys-without-a-Cup thing, I’m not a huge fan of many of them, or the Stars in general haha. 

• Like 2

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, LMU said:

OKC has entered the chat.

I know this a conversation from 15 years ago but what is happening in this logo?

Oklahoma City Thunder Logo Partial Logo (2008/09-Pres) - OKC in white on a blue shield with a basketball SportsLogos.Net

What's moving? Why does the guitar pick seem to be static but have motion lines? Why doesn't the OKC match up with the motion lines? What is the yellow shadow? What is any of this? What's going on? Why is this in a hockey thread? Who am I? 

• LOL 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 minutes ago, The_Admiral said:

I know this a conversation from 15 years ago but what is happening in this logo?

Oklahoma City Thunder Logo Partial Logo (2008/09-Pres) - OKC in white on a blue shield with a basketball SportsLogos.Net

What's moving? Why does the guitar pick seem to be static but have motion lines? Why doesn't the OKC match up with the motion lines? What is the yellow shadow? What is any of this? What's going on? Why is this in a hockey thread? Who am I? 

Will that be self-serve or full-serve, sir? Sorry are restrooms aren't open to the public. Ya know, crackheads and such. 

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, The_Admiral said:

Any logo that can cause an existential crisis is a good logo. 🙃

BB52Big.jpg