2023-'24 NHL season

Kramerica Industries

On 5/10/2024 at 10:13 PM, infrared41 said:

It may be my lack of hockey expertise talking, but there was no point during the Bruins - Leafs series where I thought that either one of those teams were getting past Florida.

That whole series felt pointless and I couldn't find the holiday spirit for it because they looked like the 7th and 8th best teams in the Eastern Conference bracket and I knew neither would be a factor for the rest of the playoffs. Watching the Bruins now is making me think even less of the Maple Leafs. The series would already be over if the Leafs had advanced. Their ceiling is second round exit if everything goes correctly and if I was them I would start over, but they can't because nobody will take those forward contracts. 

Speaking of Boston, I feel like I'm going insane on the reviewed Florida goal. What's the problem? Coyle skated into the crease himself and was barely touched and you all know it deep down. It feels like manufactured controversy to deflect from how uneven things are. I have this personal rule where if you get outshot by a hundred I can't feel bad that you lost a hockey game on an iffy call. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

Something tells me it's not the wisest decision to get yourself suspended for six months for a positive drug test when you're tied for your team's lead in playoff goals.

VmWIn6B.png

1 hour ago, LMU said:

Something tells me it's not the wisest decision to get yourself suspended for six months for a positive drug test when you're tied for your team's lead in playoff goals.

Addiction sucks. The Avs played better with Val that without, but it's sadly time to move on and hope he finds the help he needs to clean up.

• Like 1

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

Man, the Canucks are a frustrating team to watch sometimes. Go down 2-0 thanks to sloppy, panicky play, scratch & claw back to tie the game, then sit back, play for overtime & immediately give up the losing goal. Did they learn nothing from game 2, where they did the same thing & got the same result? 

22 hours ago, Sport said:

Speaking of Boston, I feel like I'm going insane on the reviewed Florida goal. What's the problem? Coyle skated into the crease himself and was barely touched and you all know it deep down. It feels like manufactured controversy to deflect from how uneven things are. I have this personal rule where if you get outshot by a hundred I can't feel bad that you lost a hockey game on an iffy call. 

The problem is that there was contact on Coyle by Bennett, and the rule is pretty clear.

GNa4k7AXQAAiDN_?format=jpg&name=medium

Not trying to argue for a penalty on Bennett, but definitely arguing the should have been disallowed.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

1 hour ago, Brass said:

The problem is that there was contact on Coyle by Bennett, and the rule is pretty clear.

Not trying to argue for a penalty on Bennett, but definitely arguing the should have been disallowed.

Could they disallow the goal since they didn't call the penalty? I thought that's what I heard during the game.

I agree it should have been a penalty, but it doesn't seem to be possible to disallow the goal since a penalty wasn't called. 

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Could they disallow the goal since they didn't call the penalty? I thought that's what I heard during the game.

I agree it should have been a penalty, but it doesn't seem to be possible to disallow the goal since a penalty wasn't called. 

I think I heard that as well, and that was the league's explanation for not disallowing the goal. It's dumb, I don't think the prerequisite of a penalty should determine if Coyle was pushed or not pushed into Swayman. 

Speaking of, I thought the Bruins goal last night was also GI, so what do I know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brass said:

I think, first, Coyle contacts the goaltender himself and then, second, is barely tapped. It's one of those letter of the law versus spirit of the law things and I always side with the spirit of the law because it would've been ultra lame to disallow a goal that probably would've been scored even if Coyle hadn't fallen on him. And I have no dog in this fight really. If it was disallowed I would've said "that's weak as hell, but I guess that's the rule" I guess what I'm saying is it wasn't a bad enough botched call for me to feel like the Bruins got cheated. 

Congrats on the win last night. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

After the second period, I had already resigned myself to the fact  that this thing was going seven. Kreider reeling off a natural hat trick and the Rangers closing out the series was unexpected, to say the least, but I'll gladly take it.

On to the conference finals.

BB52Big.jpg

you know how when Jericho debuted on Raw, Rock stood there and let him get his entire spiel in before busting out the "after three boring minutes"? that's what this game felt like.

53Ocz8U.png

14 minutes ago, Sport said:

Hope antagonistc Hurricanes fans enjoyed the six days they could wear their cry t-shirts. 

https://x.com/FOS/status/1785799358635520413

The Cup window is rapidly closing for this franchise, as they'll probably lose two or three big pieces this offseason. And they couldn't even sniff a Stanley Cup Finals appearance - unless you consider getting swept in the conference finals twice in six years to be close. 

There will be a lot more for us Hurricanes fans to "Cry" about in the next few years as we struggle to contend for a wild card spot. Hope whoever come up with that shirt had fun for two weeks with it. 

T1oYViW.png

I can't believe they're still going. You lost. If it wasn't pathetic before, it definitely is now (although there is something to be said about Islanders fans being happy for a Rangers win)

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

Coming soon to Carolina:

"2024 Easter Conference Semi Finals Participant" Banner.

The unveiling will feature an indoor drone show and the puck will be delivered to center ice in a cybertruck.