2023-'24 NHL season

Kramerica Industries

54 minutes ago, JerseyJimmy said:

I've never lived in jersey and haven't made any pretense of ever having done so in years. watch the product.

19 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

because southerners are spiteful, petulant asswipes and the people who willingly move there are even worse. it's really just as simple as that.

Wherever you live, you need to reel it in on the attitude.  I'd strongly suggest you do so quickly.

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

BB52Big.jpg

38 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Wherever you live, you need to reel it in on the attitude.  I'd strongly suggest you do so quickly.

HQVELEZ.png

anyway, go canada

53Ocz8U.png

10 minutes ago, JerseyJimmy said:

HQVELEZ.png

anyway, go canada

It ain't a matter of what I think, boss. It's a matter of suggesting you to calm down with the name calling and generalizations about people from the south. Believe it or not, we do have members here who live south of the Mason-Dixon Line. You're free to say all the dumb :censored: about them that you want too, you just can't do it here. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3

BB52Big.jpg

2 hours ago, MalibuSunrise said:

Watch it son. ☠️

oejL4gt.png

On 5/1/2024 at 1:19 AM, JerseyJimmy said:

because southerners are spiteful, petulant asswipes and the people who willingly move there are even worse. it's really just as simple as that.

Hey, uh, you're aware you're slandering a couple of this site's mods with that statement, right?

• Love 1

14 hours ago, ruttep said:

Isn't half your team gonna be free agents at the end of this season? Seems like this season  might be your one big shot. You've solved the scoring and goaltending, this is probably the strongest iteration of these Hurricanes yet. 

It's gonna be a tough series.

Yeah, a very good chunk of our core over the last 5-6 years will be free agents. Teravainen, Skjei, Pesce, plus some others like Chatfield, TDA, and Martinook whose numbers are a bit easier to replace. Then you have Jarvis and Necas both as RFA's. That list doesn't even include Guentzel who is a rental. It will be an interesting off-season. But I do think we will see a shakeup and lose a key player or two. 

• Like 2

T1oYViW.png

2 hours ago, Glover said:

Yeah, a very good chunk of our core over the last 5-6 years will be free agents. Teravainen, Skjei, Pesce, plus some others like Chatfield, TDA, and Martinook whose numbers are a bit easier to replace. Then you have Jarvis and Necas both as RFA's. That list doesn't even include Guentzel who is a rental. It will be an interesting off-season. But I do think we will see a shakeup and lose a key player or two. 

Brind'Amour is probably the organization's most important free agent. I read a quote from Dundon saying he probably won't be as tough a negotiator with him this time around, but there are now reports that Rod may consider testing the market, where he'd likely have the chance to be the league's highest paid coach.

My guess is he'll use the market as leverage to get more money from the Canes, but you never know. His old friend Ron Francis just got rid of his coach in Seattle and ownership there might be looking to make a splash.

On 5/1/2024 at 2:19 AM, JerseyJimmy said:

oh yeah, by the way, I was right. every season is exactly the same.

vovBMdT.png

My apologies that we haven't reached the cultural utopia that is (check notes)...New Jersey?! OK, 2024 has been :censored:ing weird, but, they really need to hire new scriptwriters. 

• Facepalm 1

The Bruins are so predictable. I’ll be shocked if they can pull off a win Saturday night. Yes, I know it’s the Leafs, but considering the Bruins had two golden chances to put this series away when the best goal scorer in the world was out, shows a lot about their character. Especially the first period of game 5.

This team needs a major retool in the offseason, starting with Cam Neely.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

6 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Bruins can't choke... to the Maple Leafs of all teams.. 😳 can they?

They can and probably will. Any Bruins fan who didn’t anticipate this going seven games was kidding themselves. And any Bruins fans who feels comfortable with this franchise at home in a game seven, despite the opponent, continues to kid themselves. They’ll probably go up 3-0 after the first period and end up losing 4-3.

• Like 1
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

2 hours ago, Brass said:

They can and probably will. Any Bruins fan who didn’t anticipate this going seven games was kidding themselves. And any Bruins fans who feels comfortable with this franchise at home in a game seven, despite the opponent, continues to kid themselves. They’ll probably go up 3-0 after the first period and end up losing 4-3.

Oh I'm aware of their recent choking history, most points in a season in NHL history and blew 3-1 lead to the Panthers last year! But choking against the Leafs (a team they owned in the playoffs since 1959) is probably next level

Obituaries were flying around for the Leafs after game 4 and I thought it was incredibly premature because the Leafs don't ever let their fans off that easily. This series going to game 7 was the least surprising outcome. What has been surprising is how messy the Bruins have looked the last two. They skipped the first period entirely last night and were structurally all over the place last night. I was baffled how much time they spent chasing the Leafs. 

Good for William Nylander to come through. Feels like the "Core 4" of the Leafs never seem to get it done in these big games that count and he did last night, especially with the dagger on the breakaway. If the NHL was covered the way the NBA is we'd have two straight days of Ewing Theory debates with Auston Matthews. Personal anecdote about William Nylander: I sat in the second row in a game in Columbus last December. There was a very attractive woman seated in front of me. Nylander skated by our corner and gave her eyes during every single TV timeout. LOL. 

Fascinating thing about this game 7 is the team that wins will exorcise a demon and the team that loses is going to take on even more emotional baggage. Bruins are trying to avoid blowing a 3-1 lead in the first round for the second straight year and I think that'll infect this core with a stink that'll be hard to wash off. The Leafs, experienced in blowing a 3-1 lead in the first round themselves, are trying to finally overcome the Boston Bruins, not lose in the first round for the 6th* time in 8 years, and redeem themselves for choking the 3-1 lead to the Habs in 2021. I can't wait. 

*doesn't even include the play-in loss in the bubble.

PvO6ZWJ.png

13 hours ago, ruttep said:

This Leafs/Bruins feels like one of those games where a loss would be a brutal, franchise-altering loss for either team should they lose. 

The city of Toronto seemed to accept that they were done after game 4. Obviously people won't be happy if they lose tomorrow, but the fact that they forced a game 7 might've been enough to convince the franchise that they don't need to make drastic changes.

It is 2013. The Maple Leafs have rallied from a 3-1 first round series deficit against the Bruins with a 2-1 game 6 win to force game 7 in Boston. 

It is 2018. The Maple Leafs have rallied from a 3-1 first round series deficit against the Bruins with a 3-1 game 6 win to force game 7 in Boston.

It is 2024. The Maple Leafs have rallied from a 3-1 first round series deficit against the Bruins with a 2-1 game 6 win to force game 7 in Boston. 
Dr.-Manhattan-Featured-Image.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

The city of Toronto seemed to accept that they were done after game 4. Obviously people won't be happy if they lose tomorrow, but the fact that they forced a game 7 might've been enough to convince the franchise that they don't need to make drastic changes.

I think whether they makes many drastic changes will also depend a lot on which stars show up. Nylander had his big game last night, they'll need more from Marner and Matthews (if he plays).