2023-'24 NHL season

Kramerica Industries

16 hours ago, BrySmalls said:

Caps outmatched by the Rags in all facets of the series. This is the third time Ovie has gone without a point in a series against NY. I am still happy Caps made it to the playoffs to subvert expectations. I anticipate there will be significant roster changes this off-season.

If Oshie and Backstrom are both done, that gives the Caps some flexibility going into next season. I'd think the priority would be to bring in more forwards to help Ovi try and get to 41 goals. I wonder if they'd look to bring back Chandler Stephenson.

• Love 1

18 hours ago, ruttep said:

Jinxes in sports usually happen when the jinxer doesn't mean to create a jinx. It's why it usually doesn't matter when the fans of the team getting shutout or no-hit keep repeating the words.

At least that's from what I've observed.

To be fair, the last 10 Presidents Trophy winners didn't win the Cup. We'll see if that trend continues.

9 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

If Oshie and Backstrom are both done, that gives the Caps some flexibility going into next season. I'd think the priority would be to bring in more forwards to help Ovi try and get to 41 goals. I wonder if they'd look to bring back Chandler Stephenson.

I anticipate Oshie retiring this offseason and Backstrom will be on LTIR for another season before he retires, too. I expect Pacioretty to leave via Free Agency and the Front Office trading away Jensen and Kuemper, who hasn't been a good fit here.

Rangers/Carolina in a 2022 rematch, but we have home ice this time.

Fun fact, this is the first Carolina series where they don't have home ice advantage since the 2020 bubble first round vs Boston (first time with fans since the 2019 ECF)

2 hours ago, ruttep said:

How does a professional sports team's social media team act like this?

because southerners are spiteful, petulant asswipes and the people who willingly move there are even worse. it's really just as simple as that.

oh yeah, by the way, I was right. every season is exactly the same.

vovBMdT.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 2

53Ocz8U.png

8 hours ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

How does a professional sports team's social media team act like this?

The 'Bunch of Jerks' thing was fun because at least that was mocking a direct quote from a dinosaur and we were underdogs at the time. This 'Cry' stuff they are posting is so incredibly embarrassing. This team is 0-12 in conference finals games in the last 15 years. Maybe let's win ONE game in the conference finals before making crap like this. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

T1oYViW.png

1 hour ago, Glover said:

The 'Bunch of Jerks' thing was fun because at least that was mocking a direct quote from a dinosaur and we were underdogs at the time. This 'Cry' stuff they are posting is so incredibly embarrassing. This team is 0-12 in conference finals games in the last 15 years. Maybe let's win ONE game in the conference finals before making crap like this. 

Good luck to you guys in this slugfest of a matchup that should've been later than the second round. Should be a great series.

• Love 1

This social media strategy also feels outdated. It was funny and subversive in 2012 when the Kings were one of the first teams to use a punchy voice in their official team tweets, but now it's just tired and annoying. It feels as calculated and studied as anything. Eventually the Canes will lose a series, which is hopefully this next one, and they will have earned the ratio of people who tweet "Cry" at them. I hope the Rangers wipe the ice with them.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, Sport said:

This social media strategy also feels outdated. It was funny and subversive in 2012 when the Kings were one of the first teams to use a punchy voice in their official team tweets, but now it's just tired and annoying. It feels as calculated and studied as anything. Eventually the Canes will lose a series, which is hopefully this next one, and they will have earned the ratio of people who tweet "Cry" at them. I hope the Rangers wipe the ice with them.

I'm probably gonna repeat this about every Rangers series until the end of time:

I expect this one to go 7. There are very few cases where the Rangers have been able to finish an opponent off early.

5 hours ago, ruttep said:

Good luck to you guys in this slugfest of a matchup that should've been later than the second round. Should be a great series.

Best of luck to your Rangers. I have a feeling they will win this series in 6, but if there is a year for the Hurricanes to take that next big step and be a true title contender it is this year. 

• Like 1

T1oYViW.png

1 hour ago, Glover said:

Best of luck to your Rangers. I have a feeling they will win this series in 6, but if there is a year for the Hurricanes to take that next big step and be a true title contender it is this year. 

Isn't half your team gonna be free agents at the end of this season? Seems like this season  might be your one big shot. You've solved the scoring and goaltending, this is probably the strongest iteration of these Hurricanes yet. 

It's gonna be a tough series.

17 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

because southerners are spiteful, petulant asswipes and the people who willingly move there are even worse. it's really just as simple as that.

This thing you do about blaming the entire sunbelt for anything any sunbelt team does is really :censored:ing tiresome. The lone Hurricanes fan in this thread has repeatedly acknowledged how cringeworthy he finds those tweets. Get over yourself.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

spacer.png

17 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

I'm in New Jersey for the first time in my life on business this week. Thank heavens all Jerseyites aren't like you.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

This thing you do about blaming the entire sunbelt for anything any sunbelt team does is really :censored:ing tiresome. The lone Hurricanes fan in this thread has repeatedly acknowledged how cringeworthy he finds those tweets. Get over yourself.

wow, it's almost like I'm speaking from the experience of having lived in south carolina for eleven years or something.

32 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'm in New Jersey for the first time in my life on business this week. Thank heavens all Jerseyites aren't like you.

I've never lived in jersey and haven't made any pretense of ever having done so in years. watch the product.

• Yawn 1

53Ocz8U.png