2023-'24 NHL season

Kramerica Industries

On 12/1/2023 at 12:29 AM, LMU said:

He’s very sorry for the thing that nobody will actually come forward to say he did and will only rule out a limited subset of offended/victims.

Supposedly he grabbed Caley Chelios's ass in front of a bunch of people. Inasmuch as her dad is the guy who openly mused to reporters that it would be cool if someone killed Gary Bettman, I think Perry got off relatively easy. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Should've happened a long time ago, but I'm pretty surprised they pulled the trigger in the middle of a long road trip. I think this season is too far gone to salvage, but at the very least fans will get some nostalgia seeing Martin & Alfie behind the bench. Hopefully he can get rid of the bad defensive habits that developed under Smith.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/insider/story/_/id/39271187/nhl-trade-cutter-gauthier-flyers-ducks-details

It's not too often that we see a proper NHL trade these days, let alone one involving a couple of recent top 10 picks. Credit to the Flyers for keeping everything quiet, since it sounds like they've been sour on Gauthier since he skipped development camp in the summer. 

It would be pretty funny if he legitimately wanted out of Philadelphia because of his childhood allegiance to the Penguins.

The New York Rangers are now on a four game losing streak. We can outshoot teams, but our defense and goaltending has become nonexistent. Just watched this team head into the third against the Caps with a 2-1 lead and then give up two goals in a minute to lose 3-2. I hope the NFL playoffs can cheer me up later today, because this game was just depressing to watch.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 10:37 AM, spartacat_12 said:

It would be pretty funny if he legitimately wanted out of Philadelphia because of his childhood allegiance to the Penguins.

Apparently he made it clear to them that he'd never play for them.  Apparently he's scared of Tortarella.  There was also something about Kevin Hayes getting in his ear and convincing him that the Flyers were a wasteland and he needs to leave to be a star (which would be so crazy to say even 10 years ago).

I don't follow hockey much, but it sounds like he was a top prospect and people are really pissed that he was traded, and not happy with the return.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 1/14/2024 at 8:26 PM, BBTV said:

Apparently he made it clear to them that he'd never play for them.  Apparently he's scared of Tortarella.  There was also something about Kevin Hayes getting in his ear and convincing him that the Flyers were a wasteland and he needs to leave to be a star (which would be so crazy to say even 10 years ago).

I don't follow hockey much, but it sounds like he was a top prospect and people are really pissed that he was traded, and not happy with the return.

Both the Tortorella & Hayes stuff were just unfounded rumours that have since been debunked.

People seem generally happy with the return. They got Jamie Drysdale, who was the 6th overall pick a couple years before Gauthier, plus a 2nd rounder. I think what people are pissed about is that at the draft he told the Flyers brass that he was excited to be part of the team, then changed his tune after he was selected. He refused to even meet with them before the trade, and allegedly never gave them an actual answer as to why he wanted out.

14 hours ago, ruttep said:

Rangers just blew a 2-0 and lost in OT to the :censored: Sharks to complete a 1-2-1 road trip. This is a five-alarm fire. Something needs to change here.

Do you know how many teams blow 2-0 leads, or have bad road trips. Just about every team. Calm down

6 minutes ago, dont care said:

Do you know how many teams blow 2-0 leads, or have bad road trips. Just about every team. Calm down

Fair. It's fun to be unnecessarily dramatic about your team.

"Their knees get weak... whenever I'm around,

I'm just a Patrick Roy" (Patrick Royyyyyyyyeeee)

"I'm not your boy toy" (boyyyyyeee toyyyyeeeee)

Yeah, I know.  I know.  

• LOL 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."