CFL uniform news 2024

clonewars2008

18 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Baseball fans in Cleveland came around on the Guardians name, and making a run to the ALDS in the first season helped with that a lot.

Meanwhile the Commanders name/identity has stunk up the joint, but not because people want the old name back. It’s simply because it’s a Dan Synder-created name and he’s the bad man who ruined the franchise beyond repair. Also, the uniforms stink.

Cleveland played it relatively safe and were rewarded well for it. It helps that they’re only one of two or three AL Central teams trying to win games.

• Like 2

Take this with a grain of salt, but someone on Reddit with a source within the organization claims the BC Lions are getting a new logo next season.

Some signs, from where I stand, suggest maybe that interlocking "BC" on the helmet might become the new primary?

• Huh? 1

15 hours ago, Ricky_Roby said:

Take this with a grain of salt, but someone on Reddit with a source within the organization claims the BC Lions are getting a new logo next season.

Some signs, from where I stand, suggest maybe that interlocking "BC" on the helmet might become the new primary?

I feel like they just went back to the classic design. 

I don't get why they keep messing with it. 

• Like 3

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 8/16/2024 at 9:45 AM, SFGiants58 said:

Meanwhile the Commanders name/identity has stunk up the joint, but not because people want the old name back...

They very much do...

• Like 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Ottawa is still the only team to never compete in the retro jersey program the CFL has occasionally done. It could be a copyright issue, as unlike the Alouettes/Concordes, they are not technically connected to their predecessors (Rough Riders).

If they were able to do it, they have a few options to choose from, as right before they folded, they had multiple brand refreshes in a 4 year span to try to increase revenue. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Klondyke said:

Ottawa is still the only team to never compete in the retro jersey program the CFL has occasionally done. It could be a copyright issue, as unlike the Alouettes/Concordes, they are not technically connected to their predecessors (Rough Riders).

If they were able to do it, they have a few options to choose from, as right before they folded, they had multiple brand refreshes in a 4 year span to try to increase revenue. 

The Ottawa REDBLACKS are a continuation of the Rough Riders/Renegades as per the CFL, I am unsure who has the rights to the Renegades merch but the REDBLACKS do have the rights to the Rough Riders as the past couple of years they have put out Rough Riders hats and shirts and sweaters with the turf traditions line. 

BtdCezY.png