2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

2 hours ago, adsarebad said:

how the hell do you make an "outlaws" logo??

Just buy the rights to the updated USFL Tampa Bay Bandits package and call it a day.

tampa-bay-bandits-logo.png

• Like 5

VmWIn6B.png

1 hour ago, Bayne said:

Utah Yeti works for me just because of the way the two words compliment each other. It's such a unique combination of letters and they balance nicely. There's a story there and its kind of fun to say. I don't know - it wouldn't necessarily be my first choice (I'd probably go with something a little more traditional sounding), but I'd also be fine if that's what they end up going with.

Utah Mammoth is also cool to me. A hockey team being called Mammoth has a lot of great potential. It sounds big and powerful which is synonymous with physical hockey. It's easy to say, 'the Mammoth' and it's also very unique.

For me, both of them work so much better as a singular than they do with an s on the end. Mammoths suddenly makes it sound like you have a lisp and its not as clean of a word. Yetis is not as bad, but Yeti is just better in my opinion. The same way that Kraken is better than Krakens. 

If they are named Yeti and Yeti coolers doesn't become their jersey sponsor, talk about a missed opportunity. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Eyeroll 1

16 hours ago, tBBP said:

EHHH---we can thank the Tampa Bay Lightning for setting that precedent. The Avalanche just slid down the same slope...

(Really we can all thank the 1987 NBA expansion for all this--but that's neither here nor there.)

Except Avalanches is an actual word. Lightnings isn't. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ark said:

But the Coytotes and their Kachina identity are SO much better than what Utah is about to come up with.

After seeing the Utah list, I was thinking the same...

Just stick with 'Coyotes'...

But I guess the Arizona Coyotes aren't officially dead...They're just hibernating...maybe.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ark said:

But the Coytotes and their Kachina identity are SO much better than what Utah is about to come up with.

I kinda disagree. The Kachina set had plenty of problems, such as an unclear color hierarchy and a blending of too many dark colors. There’s a good reason why the later redesign was initially liked (before Edge ruined it and people realized the Coyote render looked awful).

Cleaning up the Kachina would be a good move for a returning Coyotes team. But we have over 500 pages of a thread detailing why the Coyotes were a bad idea, so let’s just assume they won’t come back.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I kinda disagree. The Kachina set had plenty of problems, such as an unclear color hierarchy and a blending of too many dark colors.

I bleed red and black

I bleed blue and gold

I bleed black, forest green, brick red, sienna, and purple? That's not a sports team, that's a moderately tasteful rec room.

• LOL 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Kachina logo was good. The Kachina uniforms, though, especially the road whites, never solved the color problem for TV. I know what the colors are because I've seen photographs and I've seen the jerseys in person, but from the TV angle everything looked like a muddy very dark brown. 

Also very dependent on lighting to see the colors as they are. 

USATSI_20459766-scaled.jpg

0x0.jpg?format=jpg&height=900&width=1600

People might yell at me, but I loved this. A team in an all dark red is unique to the league, it's Arizonian, and it's got the cactus on the leg for some fun flare and you can get away with a little extra zaniness when the color palette is that subdued. Put the kachina on the front of that. 

4582.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

• Like 10
  • Dislike 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, Sport said:

Kachina logo was good. The Kachina uniforms, though, especially the road whites, never solved the color problem for TV. I know what the colors are because I've seen photographs and I've seen the jerseys in person, but from the TV angle everything looked like a muddy very dark brown. 

Also very dependent on lighting to see the colors as they are. 

People might yell at me, but I loved this. A team in an all dark red is unique to the league, it's Arizonian, and it's got the cactus on the leg for some fun flare and you can get away with a little extra zaniness when the color palette is that subdued. Put the kachina on the front of that. 

4582.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

sweet......

and the howling coyote would not look out of place on this one either!

9 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I like Swarm as a name out of everything. Yeti... feels a little minor league, a great AHL moniker. 

Feel like the Avs should have the Yeti name for themselves, they had the awesome yeti footprint on the shoulders....... remember that one?

before they replaced with that garbage logo they have now. 

looks like a curling team logo.

2 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

Feel like the Avs should have the Yeti name for themselves, they had the awesome yeti footprint on the shoulders....... remember that one?

before they replaced with that garbage logo they have now. 

looks like a curling team logo.

You know you can quote multiple replies at a time right? No need to be flooding threads constantly with several consecutive replies. 

• Like 5

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

33 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

You know you can quote multiple replies at a time right? No need to be flooding threads constantly with several consecutive replies. 

What were you expecting two different posters and it ruined your day to see only one? I always thought complaining about double posts, thread bumping, etc. was silly,  but even more so in this case. He made a reply and then came up with a separate reply about a half hour later. I really don't see the problem here at all.

If anyone's flooding here, it's you with the pointless complaining (and now me complaining about you lol)

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

44 minutes ago, Ark said:

If anyone's flooding here, it's you with the pointless complaining (and now me complaining about you lol)

Insert Dolphin on a helmet wearing a helmet gif

It's where I sit.

4 hours ago, Sport said:

Could have worked. My only pushback is the same as with the Bolts, that newer teams can't just go one-color no matter what the color is. 

I still liked the alternate they had that matched black sweaters and socks with brick red helmets and breezers. That was a color distribution no one was doing either, and brick/sand/black was a good palette for them.

Ayyy, you can't-a fool-a me, that's a logo for upmarket beef jerky.

Outlaws doesn't fit the conformity capital of America.

• Like 1

The problem with "Outlaws" is that it just doesn't FEEL like a Utah name.  Outside of Butch Cassidy, the outlaw imagery seems more appropriate for the Southwest (Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma) and Colorado. Not Utah. 

Then again, neither does Yeti or Mammoth either.

Only solution? ICE JAZZ!

• Like 2

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin