2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

All orange would be a terrible idea.  That scheme was designed for orange to be used minimally... 

Even on the current primaries, the overuse of orange results in an overtly loud and overdesigned look...   Not saying they should go back to the originals where orange was relegated to a tiny slivers of piping but there has to be some sort of happy medium between the two.

2 hours ago, Ark said:

Ducks should use orange and green jade

😁

(But yes, I agree.)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 6/8/2024 at 11:01 PM, Bayne said:

I just think an NHL logo should imbue a formidable sense of honour and history

12 hours ago, bowld said:

spacer.png

18 of the Best Cake Fails that Will Make You Laugh so Hard

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

22 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Re: Ducks

bein5qwxlh5d1.jpeg?width=1290&format=pjp

rovqhycclj5d1.png?width=737&format=png&a

If this is true, I worry the Ducks may have tried too hard when they didn't have too. All orange at home is probably going to be gross.

And the monkey paw has curled. Head to toe orange is going to look awful, and aside from maybe the outlines on the logo there really shouldn't be much they need to change.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2024 at 11:58 AM, monkeypower said:

Re: Ducks

bein5qwxlh5d1.jpeg?width=1290&format=pjp

rovqhycclj5d1.png?width=737&format=png&a

If this is true, I worry the Ducks may have tried too hard when they didn't have too. All orange at home is probably going to be gross.

I have a feeling this is gonna be a new logo that feels like a bad ripoff of the original. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

And the monkey paw has curled. Head to toe orange is going to look awful, and aside from maybe the outlines on the logo there really shouldn't be much they need to change.

I wonder if this may jump off a lil' mini-trend in the NHL, now that San Jose has claimed head-to-toe teal (yet for some reason made the numbers on their white sweaters black with teal stroke). Between that and what seems like an uptick in teams wanting to "own" colors/colorways, we'll see what the Utah TBDs come up with for a uniform.

(Wouldn't surprise me to see head-to-toe purple if they end up aping the new Jazz colorway...)

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

They’re like the Marlins in how they never want to just go back to the color scheme that a lot of fans want for them. So much of the branding problem would be solved by just wearing purple, teal, and silver.

That's eggplant and jade to you, pal. 😉 (But yes, you're correct.)

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I wonder if this may jump off a lil' mini-trend in the NHL, now that San Jose has claimed head-to-toe teal (yet for some reason made the numbers on their white sweaters black with teal stroke). Between that and what seems like an uptick in teams wanting to "own" colors/colorways, we'll see what the Utah TBDs come up with for a uniform.

Even if the Ducks are in monochrome orange, the colour will always be associated with the Flyers first. The orange Ducks alternates worked because there was enough black & gold in the mix to avoid looking too much like Philly.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2024 at 4:07 PM, bowld said:

so something like this? Sticks are probably not correct but best I could do on a rush job-

spacer.png

They say "gold" but that could just refer to a glittered up version of their current 'Champagne' color.   I don't see anything wrong with this treatment...   I especially like the yellow sticks and the mat gold (Champagne?) triangle. 

dDC7Ip4.png

Sounds like the Ducks are planning on messing with a logo that does not need to be tweaked at all. This reminds me of one Icethetics video where a designer was rounding the corners of the Mighty Ducks logo for his concept and it just did not work for me at all. I think there’s no reason to mess with the Mighty Ducks logo. Either go back to it or do something entirely new. I would use the Mighty Ducks logo on their plum jersey and slap that on their orange jersey and then I would remove the khaki gold and replace that for a thicker white stripe. I think that would give them a decent upgrade over what they have been wearing for way too long.

• Like 2

Jade & plum is obviously iconic for the Ducks but orange is a strong base for a color scheme as well. This RR 2.0 set in particular made it work for me and ranks very strongly among their best looks ever IMO

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10
  • Dislike 1

spacer.png