2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

51 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Did the coyotes have an AHL team?

So Yetis will be the unofficial name until branding is released?

Much like the real thing, the s is invisible.

It's where I sit.

6 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Just a rumor. But according to a few in the know of the rebrand process, it's believed that Yeti is being finalized as the official name for the Utah HC.

Venom was my 1st choice. But Yeti makes sense for another team located close to the mountains. Venom could be their AHL affiliate.

So much for Ice Jazz! 😥

But, Venom was a HORRIBLE choice and the only reason it made it to the final six is because it was a personal favorite of Ryan Smith. The nickname just SCREAMS roller hockey. 

• Like 5

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I dont hate it, but prefer the plural form.

Utah Yetis was trademarked by SEG.

Utah Yeti (singular) was trademarked by someone named Daniel Logue. It is their only registered trademark.

I don't understand why you would use the singular Yeti instead of Yetis. Kraken, instead of Krakens, was bad enough...but this would be even worse. If they actually go with singular Yeti, it actually will go below Wild as the worst name in professional sports IMO.

If North Stars could be plural, Krakens and Yetis should be too.

• Like 5

Utah Hockey Club (2025 - 2025)

I don't know why they're not using this as their primary. The roundel doesn't do anything better. Also not sure why it's only the crossbar in the H that's on a slight angle; could have treated the T and the A the same way if you really wanted to. Guess it doesn't matter since it's only a year until the Great Basin is magically transformed into the Himalayas.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

55 minutes ago, The_Admiral said:

Utah Hockey Club (2025 - 2025)

I don't know why they're not using this as their primary. The roundel doesn't do anything better. Also not sure why it's only the crossbar in the H that's on a slight angle; could have treated the T and the A the same way if you really wanted to. Guess it doesn't matter since it's only a year until the Great Basin is magically transformed into the Himalayas.

https://imgur.com/oh6ghcB

oh6ghcB.png

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

6 hours ago, kolob said:

So much for Ice Jazz! 😥

But, Venom was a HORRIBLE choice and the only reason it made it to the final six is because it was a personal favorite of Ryan Smith. The nickname just SCREAMS roller hockey. 

Venom has grown on me a little and could work for the NHL team, but if and only if it's done in a, LIKE, 1990S TOTALLY RADICAL kind-of-way. The only other way it could work is at the AHL, if someone from Utah (SEG or not) acquires a team and somehow gets/builds a suitable rink in the St. George area (where, given the desert climate, there are plenty of venomous critters about), but neither option seems all that likely.

(Of course, bringing up the AHL does lead me to wonder what the long-term Utah AHL plans are, with the whole Roadrunners-to-Reno thing, where the Utah AHL team would play, and so on. A big part of that is easily answered if Alex Meruelo can't get an arena built in Reno.)

Like I've said before, Yeti(s) isn't my first choice of what names are left [that would be Mammoth(s)], but I know what I hate, and I don't hate it.

Insert Signature Here?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Why are they still called le Hockey Club if they're going to be the Yetis and everyone knows it?

Two years of new merch sales…

Suckers like me will by this year’s Utah jersey and next year’s potential Yeti jersey.

Helps HRR I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Yeti is definitely the worst kept secret...so with that being said would it have not have been better to role with this on day 1 and establish their brand identity for their inaugural season? 

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't officially announce the Yeti nickname before the season begins, but keep the Utah HC branding for the year.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 minute ago, kolob said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't officially announce the Yeti nickname before the season begins, but keep the Utah HC branding for the year.

Ryan Smith's wife has hinted at this previously.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2024 at 5:52 AM, ManillaToad said:

Why are they still called le Hockey Club if they're going to be the Yetis and everyone knows it?

I hate to break the news to you. Not everyone knows this. We just happen to be the 0.005% that care about this and have heard these rumors. The rest of the world doesn't know and doesn't care.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, mjarvie said:

The rest of the world doesn't know and doesn't care.

HOW CAN THEY NOT CARE?! What is more important?

• Applause 1

On 7/13/2024 at 12:26 PM, Cap81 said:

Yeti is definitely the worst kept secret...so with that being said would it have not have been better to role with this on day 1 and establish their brand identity for their inaugural season? 

They had less time than True North did with the Jets. If you wanted an OKC Thunder placeholder generic logo that they will refuse to get rid of years later they could have gone that route but the Jazz debacle is making Smith be very methodical and diligent to not have his team universally scorned.

• Like 3

VmWIn6B.png

15 hours ago, kolob said:

HOW CAN THEY NOT CARE?! What is more important?

While I agree with you that sports uniforms and logos are the most important thing, people out there seem to think world peace, ending world hunger, and the climate are important. 🤔

• LOL 2
  • Yawn 1

1 hour ago, mjarvie said:

people out there seem to think world peace, ending world hunger, and the climate are important

. . . which are important of course, but none of which are really relevant to a forum centered around sports logos and uniforms

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mjarvie said:

While I agree with you that sports uniforms and logos are the most important thing, people out there seem to think world peace, ending world hunger, and the climate are important. 🤔

What's world peace if you don't look good doing it?

• Applause 1