2024 NFL Changes

34 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

Getting away from the New York teams, are the Rams introducing any new jerseys this season? I thought a new one was supposed to be coming for the last two years.

Who knows anymore, man. They might save it for next year and do more of a refresh.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

On 1/18/2024 at 8:42 PM, WSU151 said:

Maybe nothing:

All Broncos Nike game jerseys on Fanatics have been reduced by 30-40%; the Seahawks and Titans jerseys are still full price, as are Texans and Lions (to be expected for the playoffs).  

Edit: apparently only men’s and kids’ sizes have been reduced for Denver? After more inspection, this could be an inventory issue (and it looks like a blank jersey liquidation, which seems to mean new design is on the way). For men, all orange jerseys are unavailable in size large, and all navy jerseys are only available for 3XL…which pretty much means every jersey sold these days is numbered after the purchase. 

https://www.fanatics.com/?query=nike game jersey broncos&_ref=p-DLP:m-SEARCH

All the Broncos need to do is use the orange color rush jersey with new white pants as their standard home uni, and a new white jersey without side stripes to go with the orange pants from the color rush uniform as their away uniform. They could even mix and match, and with the side stripe gone that will be easy. Heck, they could even use an alternate navy jersey (sans stripes) with the orange pants for that Syracuse look.

I wish the Falcons would do something similar, based on their 2017 color rush uniforms which they sadly only wore once. Red jersey/white pants and white jersey/red pants from that set would have looked great...which means we won't get them. 😐

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

All the Broncos need to do is use the orange color rush jersey with new white pants as their standard home uni, and a new white jersey without side stripes to go with the orange pants from the color rush uniform as their away uniform. They could even mix and match, and with the side stripe gone that will be easy. Heck, they could even use an alternate navy jersey (sans stripes) with the orange pants for that Syracuse look.

I wish the Falcons would do something similar, based on their 2017 color rush uniforms which they sadly only wore once. Red jersey/white pants and white jersey/red pants from that set would have looked great...which means we won't get them. 😐

The Falcons are tweaks away from a good uniform set. I like what they have, but they need a few small changes to make it great. If the just used the CR but inverse the colors on the numbers and had white pants that would've been a perfect start. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

The Falcons are tweaks away from a good uniform set. I like what they have, but they need a few small changes to make it great. If the just used the CR but inverse the colors on the numbers and had white pants that would've been a perfect start. 

I do feel like it would be solid with some tweaks and the right pairings. I will say this much, I absolutely love their current helmet. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

I do feel like it would be solid with some tweaks and the right pairings. I will say this much, I absolutely love their current helmet. 

I'd put the Jaguars in the same boat. It feels like they had a great start to redesigning their jerseys, but they stopped the design process too soon. As much as I like teal as the primary color for them again, you can tell it was a reassigned alternate. If they had more of all three colors, a good stripe pattern on the pants, and possibly some gold, their uniforms would be much better.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

I'd put the Jaguars in the same boat. It feels like they had a great start to redesigning their jerseys, but they stopped the design process too soon. As much as I like teal as the primary color for them again, you can tell it was a reassigned alternate. If they had more of all three colors, a good stripe pattern on the pants, and possibly some gold, their uniforms would be much better.

What the hell do you mean “possibly” some gold?

It’s the team’s official tertiary color! It’s gotta be on the numbers, on the sleeves, on the pants. I mean :censored:, as messed up as Washington’s uniforms are, they at least know to put a team color in the damn set.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

What the hell do you mean “possibly” some gold?

It’s the team’s official tertiary color! It’s gotta be on the numbers, on the sleeves, on the pants. I mean :censored:, as messed up as Washington’s uniforms are, they at least know to put a team color in the damn set.

I said "possibly" because I don't know where I would want it. The only place I could think of at the time was using a two-toned border on the chest and back numbers.  The Jags could have a black/gold/black pattern on the sleeves of the teal and white jerseys, and a teal/gold/teal pattern on the black jerseys. But too much gold might inspire another jersey like the Color Rush of the last set, and the 2009-2012 jerseys were all right with no gold except for the torso stripes.

6 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

I said "possibly" because I don't know where I would want it. The only place I could think of at the time was using a two-toned border on the chest and back numbers.  The Jags could have a black/gold/black pattern on the sleeves of the teal and white jerseys, and a teal/gold/teal pattern on the black jerseys. But too much gold might inspire another jersey like the Color Rush of the last set, and the 2009-2012 jerseys were all right with no gold except for the torso stripes.

Right amount of gold.

Missing Rings – 1999 Jacksonville Jaguars | Taylor Blitz Times

Jaguars vs Steelers: This week in Jaguars history - Big Cat Country

• Like 16

1 hour ago, McCall said:

Right amount of gold.

Missing Rings – 1999 Jacksonville Jaguars | Taylor Blitz Times

Jaguars vs Steelers: This week in Jaguars history - Big Cat Country

That's a great example of color balance. I was trying to avoid just going back to a previous design, but this is probably where I would have ended up. The best part would be that the leaping jaguar would stand out on all three of their main colors.

Saw this on YouTube. Really good video. With over 266K views and 7.7K likes, it seems like a lot of folks have, or are being swayed, to our side of NFL uniform discourse. The comments are real good too in how much support they have for the video. The creator really knows their stuff like us, and even mentions Uni-Watch and The GUD too.

• Like 2

da0Lbhs.png

9 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Saw this on YouTube. Really good video. With over 266K views and 7.7K likes, it seems like a lot of folks have, or are being swayed, to our side of NFL uniform discourse. The comments are real good too in how much support they have for the video. The creator really knows their stuff like us, and even mentions Uni-Watch and The GUD too.

Great video. And I really like your point about persuasion. I believe that is more effective than any new rule because it's not "my way or the highway" or "us vs. them" and it shows you have done the work to make your point. 

• Like 3

I can't take this video seriously...he refers to the Dolphins' color as 'teal' and not 'aqua.' 🤣

OK, other than that one SNAFU, it's very good. I really like 'Age of Dark' and the 'uniform heresy' committed by the stupid Nike redesigns in the 2000s.

• Like 4

On 1/24/2024 at 1:33 PM, rfraser85 said:

Getting away from the New York teams, are the Rams introducing any new jerseys this season? I thought a new one was supposed to be coming for the last two years.

The team's COO has said that 2025 would likely be the earliest that they add a new jersey.

• Like 1