2024 NFL Changes

16 hours ago, Lumbergh said:

I designed this as a concept a few years ago. The Broncos Wire beat writer has been in contact with me since yesterday regarding this. I'm not sure how it happened either...

Sir, it's a damn shame they didn't just roll with this.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

1 hour ago, DrunkKidCatholic said:

there's been talk jets are revealing on monday but there hasn't been any confirmation from team. so who knows

I thought they had said the 15th, right? That’s Monday!

…won’t be long now! Too bad their uniforms are green and not TEAL! 😉

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • WOAH 1

3 hours ago, PurpleHayes said:

Da Bears still have Halas' initials on their jersey and he died 42 years ago. He was a notorious cheapskate too.

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

It’s kinda also like how the Chiefs should get rid of their Lamar Hunt/AFL patch

3 hours ago, PittsburghSucks said:

As a Cleveland Browns fan I was so happy when the AL was removed from their jerseys.

I never understood that. I know it was for the memory of George Halas, but he has been dead since 1983. His daughter and her husband (his son in law) were the ones who were riding the 1985 Superbowl Shuffle and the 1985-1986 NFL Playoffs was their grandstand. But I think it's time they let Halas go and stop putting the GSH on the side of the sleeves.

Same with the Chiefs. Lamar Hunt as well. He hired a coach in 1987-1988 that was a notorious liar and for something like that, you have to wonder. The players loved him, but he lied and many other coaches laughed at that coach. I think the coach's name in question is Frank Ganz I believe. Clark Hunt runs the team now, and I understand it's his father for :censored: sakes, but come on now. It's time they just grieve by themselves or just leave these names off the uniforms because the older generation including my generation that was the late Gen X (1973-1980) remembers Lamar Hunt (or slightly) and we knew that he created something that turned into greatness.

Al Lerner just sucks altogether and the AL when it was on the jerseys reminds me of the American League in the MLB every time I see it.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, DCarp1231 said:

I can’t wait until Washington honors Dan Snyder with a permanent patch for being such an iconic sack of :censored: owner 🔥 

Leak of the patch has been shown 💩

28 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

I never understood that. I know it was for the memory of George Halas, but he has been dead since 1983. His daughter and her husband (his son in law) were the ones who were riding the 1985 Superbowl Shuffle and the 1985-1986 NFL Playoffs was their grandstand. But I think it's time they let Halas go and stop putting the GSH on the side of the sleeves.

Same with the Chiefs. Lamar Hunt as well. He hired a coach in 1987-1988 that was a notorious liar and for something like that, you have to wonder. The players loved him, but he lied and many other coaches laughed at that coach. I think the coach's name in question is Frank Ganz I believe. Clark Hunt runs the team now, and I understand it's his father for :censored: sakes, but come on now. It's time they just grieve by themselves or just leave these names off the uniforms because the older generation including my generation that was the late Gen X (1973-1980) remembers Lamar Hunt (or slightly) and we knew that he created something that turned into greatness.

Al Lerner just sucks altogether and the AL when it was on the jerseys reminds me of the American League in the MLB every time I see it.

Friendly reminder that Halas’ daughter is still the owner, and she recently became a centenarian. Crazy. 

• Like 4

George Halas and Lamar Hunt were pillars of football, the original owners of their teams and helped found the NFL and AFL, respectively. I have no problem with their perma-memorials. There's no comparison between them and Al Lerner or William Clay Ford.

• Like 16

Don't we already know almost exactly what the Jets are wearing? It's the white throwback they wore this year, the green version of it, and some variation of it in black. 

As for Houston and the three helmets, I feel like we're getting all navy at home, the navy/white/navy/white on the road, an all-red alternate, and then likely an all-white alternate with the new, lighter blue used on it. The second alternate could also be all black, although that is definitely lower odds. If they still have to use the color of an alternate somewhere in the primary, that means we probably see a hint of the other blue in the home uniform. 

6 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Don't we already know almost exactly what the Jets are wearing? It's the white throwback they wore this year, the green version of it, and some variation of it in black. 

As for Houston and the three helmets, I feel like we're getting all navy at home, the navy/white/navy/white on the road, an all-red alternate, and then likely an all-white alternate with the new, lighter blue used on it. The second alternate could also be all black, although that is definitely lower odds. If they still have to use the color of an alternate somewhere in the primary, that means we probably see a hint of the other blue in the home uniform. 

I say, for Houston, that we get two monochrome sets instead of three. They said one would be traditional and I don’t think it’s the one that leaked. 

Of course, there’s the possibility that they treat the pants and socks of all but the white alt as interchangeable. I just hope they have blue and red sock options. They leaned way too heavily into the 🥶 white socks last year. 

• Yawn 1

8 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Halas is the beneficiary of some revised history as I understand it.  However, they both are worthy of the honor bestowed by their respective teams.

You may be right that Halas wasn't a founder of the Decatur Staleys, but he was responsible for so much of the Bears as we know them today that I would still consider him a founder.

12 hours ago, PittsburghSucks said:

As a Cleveland Browns fan I was so happy when the AL was removed from their jerseys.

I'm starting to get a bit worried that the Jim Brown 32s are on all the jerseys given to new players. Hopefully it's just the equipment staff being lazy and those patches aren't going to be around this upcoming season. 

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

5 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

We're all wondering if it's going to be the exact same or a tweak with new fonts and stuff. It would be pretty wild if they just straight up go back to 1989.

bSLCtu2.png

17 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Sorry, any memorial patch/decal/sticker shouldn’t last more than a season. Regardless of dead owner’s morality and contributions while six feet above.

I agree with that. It clutters the uniform altogether.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

We're all wondering if it's going to be the exact same or a tweak with new fonts and stuff. It would be pretty wild if they just straight up go back to 1989.

You mean 1978-1989? The 1990-1997 ones that added black as an accent was decent, but not as good as the plain green and whites from 1978-1989.

2 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

You mean 1978-1989? The 1990-1997 ones that added black as an accent was decent, but not as good as the plain green and whites from 1978-1989.

I actually like the 1990-97 set slightly better. Just a tiny bit less plain without being overwhelmingly flashy. I believe it isn’t remembered fondly primarily because of the fact that the team had zero winning seasons while wearing it. 

• Like 1