2024 NFL Changes

1 minute ago, HOOVER said:

Right?  It's not like any of these guys are going to walk up and say, "Hey, these are dog:censored:."

The player who said “this is… fire” didn’t exactly seemed thrilled to say it.

• Like 2

Remember how the Jags 2018 threads sort of leaked before the airport fiasco? And how they were slightly different than what they ended up being (teal numbers on black jersey)? I think these jersey leaks are --almost-- what we're going to see, with minor differences. That would explain the Vikings inconsistencies. I bet all of the CTESPN leaks are prototypes/a few final tweaks away from the final products.  Let's just hope they've...fixed some things.

I can't wrap my head around the Giants sacrificing one of their excellent throwbacks in favor of a 1930s one. Am I crazy or are the 1980s/Color Rush throwbacks pretty popular amongst fans? 

If the Broncos are really going with that helmet -- what a boneheaded decision on their part. The current helmet, which is the only redeemable aspect of their uniforms, didn't need to be altered, and yet they did it anyway, and with triangles. Why are teams ripping off the Seahawks NOW? Why only on the back of the helmet? Why triangles? WHY?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kg54mvp said:

This is terrible if true. Everybody already knows it’s cold up here and they already have decent white jerseys.  I don’t get it.

Are the Vikings adding silver as a team color this year? Last time I checked the Vikings have never used silver, so there's no historical precedent for that color (facemasks don't count).

But here's a thought. If this is real, and it's being used for a white-out game, would it be acceptable if the Vikings were then required to wear purple socks with their primaries full time? I could put up with white-out games once per season.

• Like 1

Might be an unpopular opinion,  but I like the silver, white, purple combo of that Vikings jersey. The icicle numbers are not my favorite element, though. If this was just a straight recolor from their home/away set, I think I would actually dig it as an alternate.

I'm also guessing that their alternate helmet will be white? Part of me wants to already hate it because of the "icy" twitter stuff, but I am finding that I kind of like the idea of this specifically because it is for Minnesota and it is actually a cold weather state

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Might be an unpopular opinion,  but I like the silver, white, purple combo of that Vikings jersey. The icicle numbers are not my favorite element, though. If this was just a straight recolor from their home/away set, I think I would actually dig it as an alternate.

I'm also guessing that their alternate helmet will be white? Part of me wants to already hate it because of the "icy" twitter stuff, but I am finding that I kind of like the idea of this specifically because it is for Minnesota and it is actually a cold weather state

Purple and silver are not utilized at all in the NFL. I like to see more of this combo one day. I can see this being more an alternate uniform instead of an everyday thing. Reason why I am happy the Cleveland Browns 1946 uniforms with the white helmet with the brown/orange/brown center stripes on the helmet became my favorite combo. Also now, Detroit Lion's blue helmets, black jersey, and blue pants are my favorite now because Detroit did something the Carolina Panthers should of did back in 2012, but oh well.

11 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Just feels very odd that teams are now potentially getting away from primary colors completely in alternates.  I can't imagine seeing a 49ers uniform without Red or a Steelers uniform without Athletic Gold.  If this begins to happen, I'll just be schocked that the NFL permitted it.

• Like 3

Looks like the Ravens are adding a new helmet.

Source: Ravens Adding New Alternate Helmet (uni-watch.com)

Based on the color description, this helmet will most likely be for the CR uniform. I'm a little disappointed because I liked that the Ravens were able to stick with one helmet for all jerseys, but at least it will match the CR. I didn't like most of CR, but I did like the uniforms better if the base color matched the helmet shells (such as Steelers, Texans, Vikings).

13 hours ago, Kirill_The_Thrill97 said:

CTESPN's alleged leak of a new Vikings alternate...

GLs-ptyXwAAEZtV?format=jpg&name=900x900

This looks so fake that I'm starting to doubt all their previous leaks. In addition to the wordmark issue that others have pointed out, the NOB is also sloppily misaligned. It looks like someone's first attempt in the Concepts board.

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

12 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

Based on the color description, this helmet will most likely be for the CR uniform. I'm a little disappointed because I liked that the Ravens were able to stick with one helmet for all jerseys, but at it will match the CR. I didn't like most of CR, but I did like the uniforms better if the base color matched the helmet shells (such as Steelers, Texans, Vikings).

Nice find, thanks for sharing.   Article states that it's likely Purple with a Gold facemask.  Will be interesting to see what striping and paint finish they use.  The Vikings' satin Purple would be really great for the Ravens, but it's unlikely they'll use it.   My guess is metallic fleck, but maybe there's something new & interesting they can do to give it unique twist that's on-brand.   It will be fun to see that alternate logo on the side of the helmet.

Hopefully this opens them up to permanently changing the paint finish & striping to their standard helmet at some point, as that a number font update are all they really need.

2 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Everyone give this baby one last good look (always loved it and will never apologize for it, just didn't mold well onto modern templates)

GettyImages-1497208.0.jpg

I remember when these debuted...it was a big deal.  This striping pattern resonated down through high school football for over a decade.   

But, it's run its course (years overdue) and it's yet another example of why non-traditional uniform elements typically don't stand the test of time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

I remember when these debuted...it was a big deal.  This striping pattern resonated down through high school football for over a decade.   

But, it's run its course (years overdue) and it's yet another example of why non-traditional uniform elements typically don't stand the test of time.

These uniforms lasted almost as long as the ones they replaced. I'd say they did stand the test of time.

• Like 6

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

3 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

These uniforms lasted almost as long as the ones they replaced. I'd say they did stand the test of time.

I'd say they did and they didn't. There was a primary/alternate switch in 2012, which may have extended the shelf life of this set. The mane-like side panels helped the Broncos stand out, but the matching pattern on the pants killed mix-and match potential, for better or worse. I wonder if the Broncos ever considered orange pants with the navy stripes. That could have added a little variety with the white jerseys.

28 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

Based on the color description, this helmet will most likely be for the CR uniform. I'm a little disappointed because I liked that the Ravens were able to stick with one helmet for all jerseys, but at least it will match the CR. I didn't like most of CR, but I did like the uniforms better if the base color matched the helmet shells (such as Steelers, Texans, Vikings).

It says in that article that it’ll likely be purple with a metallic gold facemask. I’d be almost willing to bet the “bringing back the gold pants” April Fools joke wasn’t really a joke after all.

• Like 1

Just now, rfraser85 said:

I'd say they did and they didn't. There was a primary/alternate switch in 2012, which may have extended the shelf life of this set. The mane-like side panels helped the Broncos stand out, but the matching pattern on the pants killed mix-and match potential, for better or worse. I wonder if the Broncos ever considered orange pants with the navy stripes. That could have added a little variety with the white jerseys.

With how navy heavy the away jerseys were, it would've looked so off-putting. The would have needed to done what the Patriots did and have a navy stripe outlined in orange on navy pants to probably make that work.

I’ve said it before here, but the Broncos’ outgoing uniforms are one of the very few that you can honestly say changed the aesthetics of thier respective sport’s uniforms. Many uniforms at all levels of football were influenced by them. This is not to say they were perfect by any means, but they were iconic and highly influential, and you can trace many elements of modern football aesthetics back to them. I’ll miss them for that, and also miss them a bit for the nostalgia of growing up on the Utah side of Broncos territory and remembering my hometown lighting up when they won back to back in 1997-98. That they still wore the same set all these years after was a little connection to my childhood that I always enjoyed.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 minute ago, WBeltz said:

With how navy heavy the away jerseys were, it would've looked so off-putting. The would have needed to done what the Patriots did and have a navy stripe outlined in orange on navy pants to probably make that work.

It may have, but I'm looking at it like the Ravens and their purple pants. In theory, I'm reversing the orange and white bases. But the numbers on the white jerseys would still be navy, so I admit it's not a perfect swap.

The orange jerseys could have worked though. The navy helmets and socks could have created a good bookend for the orange between them.

18 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Respectfully, if they're being replaced, they aren't standing the test of time.  

I'm comparing these to teams like Pittsburgh, Chicago, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Green Bay, etc.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Everyone give this baby one last good look (always loved it and will never apologize for it, just didn't mold well onto modern templates)

GettyImages-1497208.0.jpg

Same. I think many of us around here won’t appreciate what we had until it’s gone. The same can be said for the Texans