2024 NFL Changes

I’m honestly really excited for the Texans reveal. It’s been a while since we’ve had a team come up with something new and more “out there” compared to the recent simplifying or throwback looks.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Praying for a Falcons update.  

Pats just need to ditch the Navy pants,

but with Bill gone and new rookie franchise QB, you have to wonder if the Krafts & Mayo will want to go in a completely new direction.

I doubt the Rams will change.

Most likely candidates for new uniforms:

Bills

Commanders (new ownership waiver)

Eagles

Seahawks

Titans

Wild Cards:

Dolphins (unlikely)

Giants (unlikely)

Jaguars

Panthers

Ravens (unlikely)

Saints

How are the Bills a likely candidate for new uniforms? They have a very solid look that the team and fans seem very happy with.

Washington isn't just a candidate, they are 100% getting new uniforms, and probably a new name (again).

The Eagles won't change their uniforms while Jeffrey Lurie owns the team, no matter how much everybody wants them to change.

• Like 2

spacer.png

I'm so sick of the "storytelling" BS. It doesn't drive sales, and nobody gives a #$%*.  Really need a social media team from a franchise with extremely traditional look (Steelers, Packers, Giants, etc.) to come out with a fake press release for their existing uniforms whike making fun of all the bs marketing talk.

"Calling all Big Blue faithful!

Get ready to witness a groundbreaking moment in the history of football fashion as we unveil the next evolution of the iconic New York Giants uniform🔥🔥🔥

🔵 "Big Blue" Home Jersey 🔵

Step into the future with our revolutionary "Big Blue" jersey, where the color represents a pillar of strength and resilience ingrained in the fabric of our team's identity. The majestic blue hue symbolizes the vastness of the New York sky, mirroring the limitless potential of our players on the field, and the boundless determination of the Giants to conquer any challenge that comes their way. 

❄️❄️❄️"Hudson Ice" Jersey❄️❄️❄️

Similar to classic white, a symbol of purity and unity, bringing together players and fans alike in a shared commitment to excellence. It represents a pristine, snowy field upon which legends are made, where every play unfolds with the grace and precision of a ballet at the Lincoln Center.

🔥🔥🔥"Straight Fire" Jersey🔥🔥

This bold red embodies the fiery passion and relentless drive that define New York's competitive spirit. Like a beacon of hope, this vibrant tone will inspire fans to stand tall in the face of adversity, rallying behind our warriors and offering support to the Big Blue and Hudson Ice."

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7

17 minutes ago, Ninoners said:

I'm so sick of the "storytelling" BS. It doesn't drive sales, and nobody gives a #$%*.  Really need a social media team from a franchise with extremely traditional look (Steelers, Packers, Giants, etc.) to come out with a fake press release for their existing uniforms whike making fun of all the bs marketing talk.

"Calling all Big Blue faithful!

Get ready to witness a groundbreaking moment in the history of football fashion as we unveil the next evolution of the iconic New York Giants uniform🔥🔥🔥

🔵 "Big Blue" Home Jersey 🔵

Step into the future with our revolutionary "Big Blue" jersey, where the color represents a pillar of strength and resilience ingrained in the fabric of our team's identity. The majestic blue hue symbolizes the vastness of the New York sky, mirroring the limitless potential of our players on the field, and the boundless determination of the Giants to conquer any challenge that comes their way. 

❄️❄️❄️"Hudson Ice" Jersey❄️❄️❄️

Similar to classic white, a symbol of purity and unity, bringing together players and fans alike in a shared commitment to excellence. It represents a pristine, snowy field upon which legends are made, where every play unfolds with the grace and precision of a ballet at the Lincoln Center.

🔥🔥🔥"Straight Fire" Jersey🔥🔥

This bold red embodies the fiery passion and relentless drive that define New York's competitive spirit. Like a beacon of hope, this vibrant tone will inspire fans to stand tall in the face of adversity, rallying behind our warriors and offering support to the Big Blue and Hudson Ice."

Didn’t the Chargers kind of throw some shade at the Nikespeak when they released their current set?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

Most likely candidates for new uniforms:

Commanders (new ownership waiver)

The problem with the Commanders change is even with the waiver, they’re still looking at changing after 2026. We’d be lucky to get them by 2025.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Krz said:

I’m honestly really excited for the Texans reveal. It’s been a while since we’ve had a team come up with something new and more “out there” compared to the recent simplifying or throwback looks.

Given that the last times teams went "out there" we ended up with the Titans and Falcons, I'll gladly take throwbacks, even if that's not usually my preference.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

45 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

The problem with the Commanders change is even with the waiver, they’re still looking at changing after 2026. We’d be lucky to get them by 2025.

I would even speculate that they wait until moving to the new stadium and roll it all out at once (New name, unis).

• Like 2

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

4 minutes ago, HailGoldPants said:

I would even speculate that they wait until moving to the new stadium and roll it all out at once (New name, unis).

Putting millions into current stadium renovations doesn’t exactly scream “new stadium”

On 4/19/2024 at 9:24 PM, GFB said:

Do people not realize the current stripe is made to look like an actual bronco mane? And the three sections of the stripes are taken from the three orange shapes making up the mane of the cyberhorse?

IO6NN2GML5AIRNST7D7HI5GFWA.jpg?auth=2111

I was never aware of this, but makes absolute sense.

Mind. Kinda. Blown.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

20 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Putting millions into current stadium renovations doesn’t exactly scream “new stadium”

I thought the aim was to have a new stadium in time for the '27 season, after the FedEx lease ends in '26?

EDIT: Probably not possible to construct a new stadium by then seeing that it's already 2024.  I just had one of those old man moments where I forgot that it's already 2024.  I'm still living like it's 2011.

• Like 2

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

3 hours ago, burgundy said:

How are the Bills a likely candidate for new uniforms? They have a very solid look that the team and fans seem very happy with.

Washington isn't just a candidate, they are 100% getting new uniforms, and probably a new name (again).

The Eagles won't change their uniforms while Jeffrey Lurie owns the team, no matter how much everybody wants them to change.

Lot of assumptions here.

Lots of Bills fans lobbying for a return the Jim Kelly-era uniforms.

Washington hasn’t confirmed any of those details, though I would welcome both.

Phil’s recent Nike pieces mentioned that Laurie considered changing uniforms, shooting a hole in that longstanding rumor that Lurie would never change.

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

I do hope, for you and all Washington fans, that it’s as soon as possible.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 10:24 PM, GFB said:

Do people not realize the current stripe is made to look like an actual bronco mane? And the three sections of the stripes are taken from the three orange shapes making up the mane of the cyberhorse?

IO6NN2GML5AIRNST7D7HI5GFWA.jpg?auth=2111

Sounds more like Nikespeak than anything else. I'll buy that it's based off  of the three sections of the robohorse, but not that it's based on an actual mane.

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

I was never aware of this, but makes absolute sense.

Mind. Kinda. Blown.

What would of make it better is if they started that type of stripes from the front, but hey, they were trying to be creative with them. I liked them. BUT, I am afraid of what they have planned.

16 hours ago, burgundy said:

Technically the Jaguars' pants are not plain. They have those dumb stripes at the back of the knee.

spacer.png

But they often get lost in the socks.

spacer.png

Jaguars just look so plain without the proper stripes. I am glad they never tried to force mustard gold into the uniforms, but at least add some teal and black somewhere to balance it out.

37 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Phil’s recent Nike pieces mentioned that Laurie considered changing uniforms, shooting a hole in that longstanding rumor that Lurie would never change.

Paul's  piece.  But that part was interesting for two reasons.

1. the timing.  He said 2015 or 2016, which kindasorta lines up with when they started lobbying for the kelly green helmet to "test" a return to the color by first using it as an alt.   The story says that Lurie got cold feet and thought he should just keep the current uniform, which validates his desire to "test" it first.

2. after he nixed the redesign, he asked for "just give me some cool pants stripes, something that's never been done" (paraphrasing.). The proposals that were shown in the article were rather tame, but Lurie just swiped left.

As for a rumor that he'd "never change", that's simply not true.   He's flat out said that he'd consider it.  But they're very conservative and brand conscious and aren't going to make any decision that's not very well thought out (note - I didn't say well executed, just well thought out.)

*the wordmark fiasco would seem to run contrary to what I just said, since it wasn't timed right to get on the uniform in time, though we don't know the fully story there (like, maybe they were told it was minor enough to not require 2 years, or something like that.)

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, burgundy said:

Every time I see the Bills I'm struck that their unis are beautiful. Hope they don't change any time soon. Best in the league?

• Like 4
  • Hurl 1
  • Huh? 1

38 minutes ago, chakdaddy said:

Every time I see the Bills I'm struck that their unis are beautiful. Hope they don't change any time soon. Best in the league?

We all know what happened the last time they changed 🙄

spacer.png

• Hurl 1

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Didn’t the Chargers kind of throw some shade at the Nikespeak when they released their current set?

YES. All they did was "take the best, and made it better."

And I honestly wish more teams would follow suit. Link here.

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||