2024 NFL Changes

28 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

I'm starting to realize that the Commanders' number font might be another thing that sucks about their uniform. Looking at Daniels' jersey number, it somehow looks to me like a 5 and a 6 at the same time. I can't unsee it for whatever reason.

Yes, the Commies' number font is bad. It's bad at home with that stencil cut, and it'd even worse on the road with that truly awful pattern they've shoe horned in. 

But it's also embarrassingly lazy.

Compare the font that was given to the Bengals in '21 to the font that was given to the Commies in '22...

spacer.png

They're not exact dupes but close enough in a number of ways to see that there was a connection. Look at the 9 especially. If it isn't the same designer, they at least both a have root in common.

• Like 9
  • Meh 1

27 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yes, the Commies' number font is bad. It's bad at home with that stencil cut, and it'd even worse on the road with that truly awful pattern they've shoe horned in. 

But it's also embarrassingly lazy.

Compare the font that was given to the Bengals in '21 to the font that was given to the Commies in '22...

spacer.png

They're not exact dupes but close enough in a number of ways to see that there was a connection. Look at the 9 especially. If it isn't the same designer, they at least both a have root in common.

Yet Cincy’s looks good. 

I don’t think Washington’s number font would be a problem in a well-designed set. I think the Rams do a much, MUCH better job with number gradients; the Commies should drop those. But the font is far from the worst thing about Tanya’s parting gift to the team/double middle finger to good taste. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Looks good in action (tho not as good as blue socks). Still hope we actually see it on field this year. 

I don't know. New unis always look better drawn, and at the reveal, than they do in action. And I didn't think they looked that good then, either. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Looks good in action (tho not as good as blue socks). Still hope we actually see it on field this year. 

I'd set the O/U for the number of times that this combo actually sees action during the season over a monochrome or leggings combo at around 2.5

13 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Absolutely no reason for the Broncos to change number fonts…even USM realized this font kinda sucks. 

The Broncos were that number font, for it to be gone is such a shame...

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Gotta say, the pants stripe sucks. The front stripe needs to be thicker

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SCL said:

The Broncos were that number font, for it to be gone is such a shame...

it just feels soulless now. I didn’t realize how much that font carried their identity for me.

• Like 3

Nike fixing something that didn't need to be fixed. Should have kept the number font and the helmet striping. At least the pants HAVE stripes. Can tights be be made with stripes to mimic socks?  

• Like 2

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

The Saints love the gold pants on all occasions besides actual games.

Broncos need navy socks to match the helmets, but they will probably wear a different combo every week anyway so who cares.

Why are the Jets the only team in white?

Vikings are the only team doing white leggings unless I missed one (Jaguars?)

• Like 10

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

It’s a little hard to tell, but the Vikings and Jaguars rookies in this photo are absolute goofballs for not wearing color socks with the white pants

GN8DymTXIAEJZtm?format=jpg&name=medium

I can’t see the socks on that Jags guy in back. 

It is absolutely goofy of McCarthy to wear white socks here when even the Eagles’ guy isn’t doing it. But Minnesota is the second-biggest offender after Philly in that category. Wonder why the Eagles’ guy was given color socks and the Vikings’ guy wasn’t?

It’s also nice to see the Jets’ legacy white worn properly. I suspect they’ll wear the traditional color combos more than many teams. Kinda weird that everyone else is in color jerseys though. 

Also…who are these guys? The Dolphins’ and Rams’ guys aren’t first-round picks. I don’t see anyone from the Chiefs or Cowboys or Browns here, off the top of my head. 

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

1 hour ago, SportsFan12 said:

The Saints love the gold pants on all occasions besides actual games.

Broncos need navy socks to match the helmets, but they will probably wear a different combo every week anyway so who cares.

Why are the Jets the only team in white?

Vikings are the only team doing white leggings unless I missed one (Jaguars?)

2 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I can’t see the socks on that Jags guy in back. 

It is absolutely goofy of McCarthy to wear white socks here when even the Eagles’ guy isn’t doing it. But Minnesota is the second-biggest offender after Philly in that category. Wonder why the Eagles’ guy was given color socks and the Vikings’ guy wasn’t?

It’s also nice to see the Jets’ legacy white worn properly. I suspect they’ll wear the traditional color combos more than many teams. Kinda weird that everyone else is in color jerseys though. 

spacer.png

The Jaguars rookie has on white socks. 

• Like 1

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

3 minutes ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

spacer.png

The Jaguars rookie has on white socks. 

Yuck. I love that the Bears (and Chiefs and Browns) continue to stick with striped socks though. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Yawn 1

31 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Also…who are these guys? The Dolphins’ and Rams’ guys aren’t first-round picks. I don’t see anyone from the Chiefs or Cowboys or Browns here, off the top of my head. 

It’s determined by invitation only and who the trading card company deems “most collectible” and the NFLPA deems “most marketable” i.e. it’s probably why we got CMC’s brother Luke there for the Commanders and not any of the 4 other guys between himself and Jayden Daniels.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

It’s weird because I don’t think they ever officially changed their PMS shade. From 2002-23 their official main color was…don’t recall the Hex, but RGB is 9-31-44, which is the same shade the Bears have had since the late 1990s. 

Basically, they are not different shades to each other's. Same goes for the Cowboys. The navy they use is always this seemly shade here,

The fabric changes between Rebook and Nike did the trick. I do not think Nike new the difference between dark navy blue, dark steel blue, and nautical blue. But I guess Nike did the same to them like how they got confused with the New York Jet's Namath era uniforms new green they kept mis matching.

3 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

This accentuates how ugly LA's highlighter-yellow is and how the Saints basically wear khaki pants

12.png

I just seen this post right now after my post.

Geez, the Rams need the athletic gold back. The Saints need mustard gold and ditch the khaki goofy look.

• Like 5