2024 NFL Changes

48 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Man, did we ever realize in the moment how great these Jaguars uniforms are? 

Just now, Ark said:

These don't even look that different from their regular uniforms. The main difference is from far away they look pretty much the same, but the details of this throwback are all much better

Yes, it's why we got so mad when they switched to that Reebok piping debacle, and every uniform since has only gotten worse. 

3 minutes ago, Froob said:

Not to do the ole make the throwbacks the primary thing, but just do it with the jags unis….current unis are boring. Wouldn’t mind the road number being teal though.

They were teal at some point. Not sure why they decide black numbers looked better. Because they didn't.

83697248.jpg

e42a684c-c955-4bd1-ab79-2fdf2bed64c4-10.

Even with black pants, teal numbers would still look better.

6 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

The 2013-2017 uniforms were awful from head to toe (especially the head).  The jerseys and pants may have had all 3 colors but I wouldn't call them balanced at all, especially with the awful shoulder caps.

It was different to be different, instead of being designed to be worn on a football field. With the toilet bowl collars and two tone helmet it was just a mess. If they'd gone with just that sublimation on the shoulders and moved that Jags patch to the sleeves it would be a much better design. 

635538269237657336-USATSI-8241517-157441

2017-jacksonville-jaguars-price-number-6

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Curious about how people feel about the number outline pattern on the 2013-2017 Jags. 

I kinda think that the "gold on the outside" pattern worked a little better than the classic "gold on the inside" pattern.

18377b_med.jpeg

At least for the black jersey:

20848359%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

2017-jacksonville-jaguars-jarrod-wilson-

Eh, on second thought maybe not. LOL.

2 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Curious about how people feel about the number outline pattern on the 2013-2017 Jags. 

I kinda think that the "gold on the outside" pattern worked a little better than the classic "gold on the inside" pattern.

18377b_med.jpeg

I think on the black jerseys, outer gold is the better call, but on the teal and white jerseys, black does the job just as well. 

• Like 8

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Atlanta wearing throwbacks against New Orleans, Tampa and NY Giants. 

If we can somehow get NOLA to counter with their color rush, those should be three good looking games. 

• Like 6

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Just now, Germanshepherd said:

Atlanta wearing throwbacks against New Orleans, Tampa and NY Giants. 

If we can somehow get NOLA to counter with their color rush, those should be three good looking games. 

Definitely won't happen but the Bucs could counter with the creamsicles for a really good matchup that still contrasts

• Like 7

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

I'd be for the Jags making these full-time again, if only they use the current number font with the double outline.  The throwback number font is the only thing that looks dated.  Current number font is excellent.   Would love to see this mocked up.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

I'd be for the Jags making these full-time again, if only they use the current number font with the double outline.  The throwback number font is the only thing that looks dated.  Current number font is excellent.   Would love to see this mocked up.

The old number font has personality, while the new font is pretty bland. 

The double outline of the current font has been mocked up probably 800 times on this board the last five years, something like this  - 

NFL Uniform Redesigns - Our Concept Jerseys Fix What's Broken

• Like 13

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Just make these permanent. Even if you replace with the current Jaguar, just do it!!!! It's an old design that still works with the current templates.

Man, eff that...replace the current 

Jaguar with the former! The new one still hasn't grown on me and it's been what, a decade or so now? (But otherwise, yes, spot-on post.)

3 hours ago, nuordr said:

Put the current logo on the helmet, but give us the 2002 set back full-time: 

spacer.png

Slight correction...that was 1998-2003. But yes, agreed.

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

So what exactly is stopping the Jaguars from pulling off a Tampa Bay move and just going back to these with the current logos? 

Nothing! They need to go ahead and do that.

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Yes, it's why we got so mad when they switched to that Reebok piping debacle, and every uniform since has only gotten worse. 

They were teal at some point. Not sure why they decide black numbers looked better. Because they didn't.

83697248.jpg

It was different to be different, instead of being designed to be worn on a football field. With the toilet bowl collars and two tone helmet it was just a mess. If they'd gone with just that sublimation on the shoulders and moved that Jags patch to the sleeves it would be a much better design. 

Short answer: J. Wayne Weaver. For reasons unknown to mankind, he started reducing the amount and prominence of teal in the uniforms around 2004. Khan actually considered 86ing teal completely, but then got so much backlash for it he decided to keep it. He's only recently embraced it as primary (as it should have been all along).

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

18377b_med.jpeg

I have often wondered about how different the '98-08 numbers would look with the outermost outline being gold. I'm sure I mocked it up somewhere at some point, but to me it just looks a a little better and lets the gold "breathe" a little bit better.

Of course, I'll take either order; just let these throwbacks stay (and become primary) again! 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

83697248.jpg

For some reason, I had thought the Jags never had black numbers on their white jerseys until the most recent redesign. Yet there’s Fred Taylor, running against the St. Louis Rams with their metallic gold pants. How long did that set use black numbers?

4 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

For some reason, I had thought the Jags never had black numbers on their white jerseys until the most recent redesign. Yet there’s Fred Taylor, running against the St. Louis Rams with their metallic gold pants. How long did that set use black numbers?

Five seasons.

https://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/3549/Jacksonville_Jaguars/2004/Road_Uniform

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

They changed the away numbers color's from teal to black in 2004, and stayed like that until their 2009 redesign. 

The Gridiron Uniform DatabaseThe Gridiron Uniform Database

• Like 1

2483115_nxeosjolm2c981k_full.jpeg

9 minutes ago, FriedPickles said:

They changed the away numbers color's from teal to black in 2004, and stayed like that until their 2009 redesign. 

The Gridiron Uniform DatabaseThe Gridiron Uniform Database

The latter phase of these (call them Jags Uniforms v 1.3) was actually scrapped because at the time, the owner felt the team was losing it's identity by deploying too many combinations. 

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/sports/nfl/2009/03/25/jags-seek-a-uniform-look/15991411007/

The maximum combinations the Jags were using at the time: 5.

2006_Jacksonville.png

Truly a different time.

Personally, I'd love the 1998-2003 design with the teal flecked helmet from 2009-2012.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

So what exactly is stopping the Jaguars from pulling off a Tampa Bay move and just going back to these with the current logos? 

Not familiar with the Khan family are ya?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

9 hours ago, YelichGraphics said:

Also just seeing this now they only wore that uniform twice because it was their color rush. Once in 2016 against the Cardinals all white and once in 2017 against the Rams in all gold.

For some reason I thought they wore it more but thank god they didn't.

They wore it against the Vikings in 2015 as well.

I believe this was the first time the Vikings wore all-white with 2013 set in a regular season game too.

150914_Vikings_49ers0809_bay116.jpg

9 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Man, did we ever realize in the moment how great these Jaguars uniforms are? 

Yes.  I vaguely remember backlash when they changed the away numbers to black, and I definitely remember a huge backlash when they went to the ridiculous piping-to-nowhere set.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

The latter phase of these (call them Jags Uniforms v 1.3) was actually scrapped because at the time, the owner felt the team was losing it's identity by deploying too many combinations. 

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/sports/nfl/2009/03/25/jags-seek-a-uniform-look/15991411007/

The maximum combinations the Jags were using at the time: 5.

spacer.png

If only you knew what lay ahead . . ,

• LOL 2