2024 NFL Changes

50 minutes ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

Could just be my eyes, but I don’t see any yellow on that Packers helmet. Stripes won’t match the jersey or pants. Terrible. 

Yeah i noticed that too. If the helmet stripe matched the sleeves and pants, I might give it a pass, but if it is just green and white, that's terrible. Either way, still stupid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, udubfan19 said:

SsyhAMW.png

for those who don't want to watch

also, is that white raiders helmet?: (notice facemask & pants are darker)

VJl9avF.png

This is not a white Raiders helmet. EA messes this stuff up all the time. The silver is just way too light.

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

1292519899.jpg

Nike offers a straight line version of the FUSE, not this one shown, that would at least keep that straight line look. I think one thing Nike could do is come up with a sleeve shoulder cut that is similar to what the Brahmas wore in the UFL this year.

rawImage.jpg

b6da7590-133f-4da4-8be2-cf17edccf35a-med

Nike offered a template that used deep shoulder stripes like this, though it seemed to disappear when their next template came around.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

I said the same thing. It's all become so incredibly ridiculous. Everyone said they nailed it in April, but now an all-white throwback uniform comes out of nowhere and is automatically the best thing ever, even though the uniform it's based on was never even that popular when it was around.

People don't want to admit it, but there's a certain contingent of fans who will praise literally anything that's old as the greatest thing ever because of nostalgia. It's not much different than the dreaded fire emojis at the end of the day.

• Like 3

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, PlayGloria said:

Yeah i noticed that too. If the helmet stripe matched the sleeves and pants, I might give it a pass, but if it is just green and white, that's terrible. Either way, still stupid. 

Nah - it would still suck 🙂

If this does come to pass, I expect that the logo on the helmet will have a thin yellow outline.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

7 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

People don't want to admit it, but there's a certain contingent of fans who will praise literally anything that's old as the greatest thing ever because of nostalgia. It's not much different than the dreaded fire emojis at the end of the day.

There's a certain contingent of fans who think that styles from the past look better than styles from the present. Often they do.

• Like 3

It's where I sit.

23 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

People don't want to admit it, but there's a certain contingent of fans who will praise literally anything that's new as the greatest thing ever because of "unique". It's not much different than the dreaded fire emojis at the end of the day.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, udubfan19 said:

SsyhAMW.png

for those who don't want to watch

also, is that white raiders helmet?: (notice facemask & pants are darker)

VJl9avF.png

If anything, the fact that it's this difficult to tell the white and the silver apart shows that the Raiders' current shade of silver is way too light.

Bring back this silver

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, ruttep said:

If anything, the fact that it's this difficult to tell the white and the silver apart shows that the Raiders' current shade of silver is way too light.

Bring back this silver

spacer.png

Same QB, different camera, different lighting:

Amazon.com: 1991 Score Football #357 Jay Schroeder Los Angeles Raiders  Official NFL Trading Card : Collectibles & Fine Art

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, McCall said:

People don't want to admit it, but there's a certain contingent of fans who will praise literally anything that's new as the greatest thing ever because of "unique". It's not much different than the dreaded fire emojis at the end of the day.

I don't think anyone's claiming otherwise. That's what the whole "fire emojis" thing is referring to, after all. The only point i'm making is that the same overhype and bandwagon effect applies to throwbacks too. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

That Packers helmet striping green/white/green is the kind of thing that just drives me up the f'ing wall. 

HOW do they not see the discrepancy of the other striping being green/gold/green. You don't need to be a professional designer to see that glaring inconsistency. Drives me crazy. Plus, Jets.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Same QB, different camera, different lighting:

Amazon.com: 1991 Score Football #357 Jay Schroeder Los Angeles Raiders  Official NFL Trading Card : Collectibles & Fine Art

Ok but it takes a ridiculously washed out picture to make the 90s silver look like today's silver. My point stands.

26 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

That Packers helmet striping green/white/green is the kind of thing that just drives me up the f'ing wall. 

HOW do they not see the discrepancy of the other striping being green/gold/green. You don't need to be a professional designer to see that glaring inconsistency. Drives me crazy. Plus, Jets.

1 - They have these stripes that already exist.

2 - They apply them to a different helmet.

3 - They aren't members of CCSLC.

4 - Done.

You aren't wrong, but that's the answer to your question, IMO.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

It's where I sit.

1 minute ago, Sec19Row53 said:

1 - They have these stripes that already exist.

2 - They apply them to a different helmet.

3 - They aren't members of CCSLC.

4 - Done.

You aren't wrong, but that's the answer to your question, IMO.

Yeah, I figured they see it as keeping the green/white/green striping from the primary helmet, but then...why did they invert the colors on the white pants to have gold in the middle? That inconsistency kills me. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

Yeah, I figured they see it as keeping the green/white/green striping from the primary helmet, but then...why did they invert the colors on the white pants to have gold in the middle? That inconsistency kills me. 

They could create a white jersey and pants with no gold. I think Green Bay has an open slot for Color Rush, or enough time has passed that the old CR could be replaced. The Bengals did basically the same thing when they updated their "White Tiger" look.

I don't want this to happen, but it is possible.

• Like 1