2024 NFL Changes

The Falcons uniforms are dog:censored:.

There is no redeeming design element anywhere.  

The helmet finish is great, yet they decided to slap a silver-ish facemask on it, despite silver or gray not being used anywhere else in the uniform (only the logo).

The ATL is :censored:ing stupid.

The number font is :censored:ing stupid.

The shard stripes are :censored:ing stupid.

Whoever led the design on this should be fired and not work anywhere near athletic uniform design ever again because they suck at it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I wouldn't call them obnoxiously and ridiculously bad if fixing them is as simple as it is.

Reduce the ATL in size or (maybe move it to where the Rams have their patch), maybe tweak the font slightly and it's turned into a pretty nice uniform those aren't load bearing features. I'll give them a lot credit or getting the side panel to look pretty good. I've been very skeptical (I'd prefer it to be a straight stripe) but I think it's turned out pretty good.

And yet, those design elements exist. By this logic, you can't really call any uniform bad because you just need to fix 'x".

It's where I sit.

57 minutes ago, Steven727 said:

After watching every Falcons game since these uniforms have debuted, they are just stale at this point. It's true that it isn't overly bad, but to us , it's just like the hawks set from 2015. The volt and triangle feather pattern was cool and unique, but quickly ran cold. The Hawks listened to the fans when everyone was asking to switch to a more traditional set. We just want the same for our other Birds

That’s fair. I actually kind liked the Hawks’ volt set, it felt very “Atlanta” to me, but I understand how people who actually live there and/or are fans (as you seem to be) might feel differently.

10 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

And yet, those design elements exist. By this logic, you can't really call any uniform bad because you just need to fix 'x".

I do think there’s a difference between design elements that can be adjusted & those that should be scrapped altogether.

That’s essentially what I was trying to illustrate: for me, the “ATL” only needs to be shrunken, & the number font only needs some minor tweaks.

Whereas the Jags’ two-tone helmet, the Bucs’ alarm clock numbers, & “Browns” pants just needed to be scrapped so they could start from scratch, as they rightfully did.

Of course, just to clearly state the obvious, others’ opinions may differ on that, though.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I do think there’s a difference between design elements that can be adjusted & those that should be scrapped altogether.

That’s essentially what I was trying to illustrate: for me, the “ATL” only needs to be shrunken, & the number font only needs some minor tweaks.

Whereas the Jags’ two-tone helmet, the Bucs’ alarm clock numbers, & “Browns” pants just needed to be scrapped so they could start from scratch, as they rightfully did.

Of course, just to clearly state the obvious, others’ opinions may differ on that, though.

Got it - I see your distinction. Thanks!

• Like 4

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I wouldn’t mind the inclusion of some red socks, especially when they wear black pants with the white jersey, but it might be a bit distracting having the most attention-grabbing color be most prominent on the socks, without balancing it out with a red helmet.

I can’t agree with you there. The Rams set can look decent from a distance, but I can’t get over the segmented banana/crescent moon horn, the Fruit Roll-Up numbers, and the highlighter yellow. Fix those three (incredibly frustrating) elements, & they’d be right there in that “Modern Classic™” discussion for me.

Nah, I can’t put either of those elements on nearly  the same level as the Jags’ two-tone helmet, the Bucs’ alarm clock numbers, “Browns” down the side of the pants, or even the Rams’ dishwater uniform.

Would I shrink the large “ATL” (or go with “Falcons” &/or “Atlanta”) & adjust the number font, if it were completely up to me? Sure, of course, but it doesn’t burn my retinas to look at those elements, like the other examples I listed do.

Unpopular opinion of my own: I like the Rams’ “Fruit Roll-Up” numbers, and the gradient on the numbers on the blue jersey. 

The segmented horn also looks cool in a vacuum, but it’s incredibly frustrating when you know the team’s history. But it looks so good as a logo. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

The helmet finish is great, yet they decided to slap a silver-ish facemask on it, despite silver or gray not being used anywhere else in the uniform (only the logo).

Whoever led the design on this should be fired and not work anywhere near athletic uniform design ever again because they suck at it.

The Falcons’ helmet, I would legitimately call a modern classic. The frosty silver chrome facemask, the satin shell, the huge logo…it’s wonderful. 

When they inevitably redesign, I would hope they keep the helmet about the same, and add silver back to the rest of their uniform set. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The Falcons’ helmet, I would legitimately call a modern classic. The frosty silver chrome facemask, the satin shell, the huge logo…it’s wonderful. 

When they inevitably redesign, I would hope they keep the helmet about the same, and add silver back to the rest of their uniform set. 

More silver would be good. I often forget that's one of the Falcons' team colors since they use it so little. If the Falcons do redesign their uniforms after this season and don't use their throwbacks for a template, something like the 90's set with a red alternate would be a good way to go.

• Like 3

A few years ago, a poster more talented than I am and I collaborated on a Wazzou-style Falcons logo with the bird composed of ATL letters (which is to say I said "someone ought to do this" and he dutifully did). I'd love to see that on otherwise traditional black/white/red uniforms. Until then, I'll never be truly happy with anything the Falcons do. It just seems so obvious. 

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

10 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Unpopular opinion of my own: I like the Rams’ “Fruit Roll-Up” numbers, and the gradient on the numbers on the blue jersey. 

The segmented horn also looks cool in a vacuum, but it’s incredibly frustrating when you know the team’s history. But it looks so good as a logo. 

Haven’t minded them as much as I though either. Honestly if they’d just do solid horns and maybe go back to the old yellow it’d be fine.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

What uniforms can be fixed with one change or what would be people’s one fix for the teams?

Some of them seem easy like Cowboys fix the silver pants, Saints stick with the old gold throughout. Others it’s more interesting what takes precedent. Going to a throwback full time (Miami, Philly, Seattle) would constitute as a many change thing in this instance.

Atlanta seems further from the one change than they do the other side of it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HOOVER said:

I'd argue that whoever signed off on them in the team's office is who should be fired, but we could go back and forth about that.

No uniform with that number style can be taken seriously as an NFL uniform. Players look younger now than they used to, but picture a dope like Aaron Rodgers in that uniform (much like Elway modeling the old Broncos monstrosities when they debuted) - he'd look like the "how do you do fellow children" meme.

Their uniforms are a joke.  Not quite the "Homer" of uniforms - there's some worse offenders - but as the be-all end-all arbiter of taste around here (you know in your heart of hearts it's true), there's no way I'll be convinced that the word "classic" belongs in the same sentence as those uniforms unless it's "those Falcons uniform are a classic example of what happens when team execs take shrooms with the designers while watching arena-league games and then let a player with CTE apply the finishing touches to them."

• LOL 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Progressive creators who think like Vince Russo (The cutting edge and cool stuff type people). I do not like their uniforms either. They are trying hard to copy the Baltimore Ravens alt all black uniforms which is goofy. I wish they just went with red helmets and black uniforms, and they would have looked pretty spiffy. But no, Blank let the progressive cutting edge and cool people design it.

• Huh? 1

11 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

More silver would be good. I often forget that's one of the Falcons' team colors since they use it so little. If the Falcons do redesign their uniforms after this season and don't use their throwbacks for a template, something like the 90's set with a red alternate would be a good way to go.

The 1997-2002 “Dirty Birds” set with a red alt would be my pick. Keep the current logo or go back to the old one, whichever. But I would probably still want a chrome silver facemask - particularly if they were to go back to the old logo. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

31 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Progressive creators who think like Vince Russo (The cutting edge and cool stuff type people). I do not like their uniforms either. They are trying hard to copy the Baltimore Ravens alt all black uniforms which is goofy. I wish they just went with red helmets and black uniforms, and they would have looked pretty spiffy. But no, Blank let the progressive cutting edge and cool people design it.

Falcons next uniforms will be leaked on GTV by Val Venis and Ryan Shamrock

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

16 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I will argue until dawn that when executed as originally intended, this is a really good look.

AP23274626228913.jpg?w=525

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Hurl 4
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I will argue until dawn that when executed as originally intended, this is a really good look.

AP23274626228913.jpg?w=525

Not me...I hate the Fruit Rollup numbers and the shading, otherwise the unis look OK.

But those 'bone' unis need to be taken out to the 'boneyard' and buried. They always make me think that the equipment manager forgot to add something to the laundry:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdeUADlEj_BZiAPkySL

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Yawn 1

3 hours ago, Ben5 said:

Falcons next uniforms will be leaked on GTV by Val Venis and Ryan Shamrock

Oh god, that's even worse. Can you picture Sean Morley creating an NFL team uniform? Geez. All Blank had to do was look into the past instead of hiring those cutting edge and cool people.

Yeah, I feel like I kind of gaslit myself into liking the Falcons uniforms but deep down I can't wait for them to be replaced and will be disappointed if it's not this coming offseason. They're just goofy looking. 

While we don't have a ton of good history, we are the 14th oldest franchise out of 32 and to me should wear a timeless look -- and we have plenty to fall back on. The disconnect is, as I have said before, Arthur Blank kind of put his stamp on the franchise by trying to keep the Falcons at the cutting edge (being tongue in cheek here) and it resulted in two really wonky uniforms. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PurpleHayes said:

Not me...I hate the Fruit Rollup numbers and the shading, otherwise the unis look OK.

But those 'bone' unis need to be taken out to the 'boneyard' and buried. They always make me think that the equipment manager forgot to add something to the laundry:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdeUADlEj_BZiAPkySL

HI, GHOST OF BILLY MAYS HERE FOR OXICLEAN! WITH ME I HAVE LOS ANGELES RAMS HEAD COACH SEAN MCVAY! SEAN, YOU SAID YOUR UNIFORMS HAVEN’T BEEN GETTING AS CLEAN AS YOU WOULD LIKE THROUGH TRADITIONAL WASHING TECHNIQUES?!

…ow. My ears are ringing. I didn’t say anything about the uniforms being dirty. They’re designed in that color. How did you get in here, anyway?

I’M A GHOST, SEAN! I CAN GO THROUGH WALLS! NOW, WATCH ME USE THE POWER OF OXICLEAN TO MAKE THESE DINGY DULL UNIFORMS 

A SPARKLING WHITE!

Billy, no! They’re supposed to be that color! It’s called “bone” - just marketing speak I think. And please stop yelling!

SEAN, YOU CAN’T FOOL ME! THESE UNIFORMS WERE CLEARLY MEANT TO BE WHITE, AND THEIR CURRENT COLOR LOOKS LIKE BUTT! I’M WASHING THEM WITH OXICLEAN, NOW!

I can’t let you do that, Billy. I’m blocking the door to the laundry facility. 

GO AHEAD, SEAN! I’M A GHOST!

(the next day)

HI, GHOST OF BILLY MAYS HERE WITH THE LOS ANGELES RAMS’ NEW WHITE ALTERNATE UNIFORMS, ALL THANKS TO OXICLEAN! BONE, BE GONE!

(McVay sighs defeatedly)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Yawn 1