2024 NFL Changes

42 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

HI, GHOST OF BILLY MAYS HERE FOR OXICLEAN! WITH ME I HAVE LOS ANGELES RAMS HEAD COACH SEAN MCVAY! SEAN, YOU SAID YOUR UNIFORMS HAVEN’T BEEN GETTING AS CLEAN AS YOU WOULD LIKE THROUGH TRADITIONAL WASHING TECHNIQUES?!

…ow. My ears are ringing. I didn’t say anything about the uniforms being dirty. They’re designed in that color. How did you get in here, anyway?

I’M A GHOST, SEAN! I CAN GO THROUGH WALLS! NOW, WATCH ME USE THE POWER OF OXICLEAN TO MAKE THESE DINGY DULL UNIFORMS 

A SPARKLING WHITE!

Billy, no! They’re supposed to be that color! It’s called “bone” - just marketing speak I think. And please stop yelling!

SEAN, YOU CAN’T FOOL ME! THESE UNIFORMS WERE CLEARLY MEANT TO BE WHITE, AND THEIR CURRENT COLOR LOOKS LIKE BUTT! I’M WASHING THEM WITH OXICLEAN, NOW!

I can’t let you do that, Billy. I’m blocking the door to the laundry facility. 

GO AHEAD, SEAN! I’M A GHOST!

(the next day)

HI, GHOST OF BILLY MAYS HERE WITH THE LOS ANGELES RAMS’ NEW WHITE ALTERNATE UNIFORMS, ALL THANKS TO OXICLEAN! BONE, BE GONE!

(McVay sighs defeatedly)

Umm - Majestic XXVII? Please?

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I will argue until dawn that when executed as originally intended, this is a really good look.

AP23274626228913.jpg?w=525

If they wanted to do it, they should’ve had a blue stripe, ditch the weird yellow on the sleeve and gone with bone colored horns on the helmet.

wFep5fF.jpeg

7dR8XGf.jpeg

You can sorta pass it off as a bastardized version of the blue/white throwbacks.

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Hurl 2
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 2

No, that specific design is a castrophe. It reminds me of when someone has just found out how to do uniform concepts and posts their CCSLC ice breaker in the concepts forum. The skewed sleeve numbers are horrific. The sleeve loop makes no sense and kind of disappears. It baffles me that uniform made it to the final table presentation, let alone that people here have accepted it as presentable in any form. It's the buttiest of all the butt uniforms Nike has thrown at us

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Progressive creators who think like Vince Russo (The cutting edge and cool stuff type people). I do not like their uniforms either. They are trying hard to copy the Baltimore Ravens alt all black uniforms which is goofy. I wish they just went with red helmets and black uniforms, and they would have looked pretty spiffy. But no, Blank let the progressive cutting edge and cool people design it.

+1 for the Vince Russo reference.

I just typed up a rant about Arthur Blank and Atlanta but deleted it out of my better judgement.  You can just rest assured that his sycophants told him these uniforms were "fire" because the players said so and the community would love it and that's how we got this dog:censored: look for the Falcons instead of an iconic identity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I will argue until dawn that when executed as originally intended, this is a really good look.

AP23274626228913.jpg?w=525

I'll stand with you on this one, Steamroller.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The 1997-2002 “Dirty Birds” set with a red alt would be my pick. Keep the current logo or go back to the old one, whichever. But I would probably still want a chrome silver facemask - particularly if they were to go back to the old logo. 

I'm going to take this opportunity again to post my concept for how I think they should look:

GNesPLJXsAAM1ym?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Essentially the '90-02 jersey with the current logo and a small workmark +a return to Silver pants, worn from '78-02, updated with a 3-color stripe that matches the new Satin Silver helmet and Black mask.  This would also work perfectly fine with the current helmet finish and Black mask.  The Away jersey would be similar to the '90-96 with Black/Red numbers, as it would look best with Black socks.  

Could easily accommodate a Red or Black alternate or throwback helmet and a Red alternate or throwback jersey (all of them, actually). 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

If they wanted to do it, they should’ve had a blue stripe, ditch the weird yellow on the sleeve and gone with bone colored horns on the helmet.

wFep5fF.jpeg

7dR8XGf.jpeg

You can sorta pass it off as a bastardized version of the blue/white throwbacks.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Essentially the '90-02 jersey with the current logo and a small workmark +a return to Silver pants, worn from '78-02, updated with a 3-color stripe that matches the new Satin Silver helmet and Black mask.  This would also work perfectly fine with the current helmet finish and Black mask.  The Away jersey would be similar to the '90-96 with Black/Red numbers, as it would look best with Black socks. 

Man, I didn't realize they were in the silver pants that long, but you're right: add up the red/silver and the Raider-larp eras and that's what you get. They still feel like a departure for me. 

I think you're cutting dangerously close to the Raiders here, not to mention the Panthers, who actually got sued for it. I'm still partial to a straight red/white/black color scheme, which is striking on its own without shoehorning silver or grey in there.

Here's that ATL falcon I was talking about. If anyone wants to do a better job than I did tracing it and clean it up for concepts, be my guest

LhDr4O6.jpeg

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, HOOVER said:

It's way beyond time.  The Navy pants should never see the field again.

This is the timeline where half of the Brady era games were played in navy blue pants. They're here to stay.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

3 hours ago, HOOVER said:

I'm going to take this opportunity again to post my concept for how I think they should look:

Could easily accommodate a Red or Black alternate or throwback helmet and a Red alternate or throwback jersey (all of them, actually). 

Those are gorgeous, I might go with a red or black helmet here instead of silver though to avoid looking to much like the Raiders.

• Like 2

Not to mention that dark of a silver/gray color flies way too close to their in-division brethren Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

That concept is a fine look on its own; however in context they'd have to rethink that several times through.

• Like 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

7 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

HI, GHOST OF BILLY MAYS HERE FOR OXICLEAN! WITH ME I HAVE LOS ANGELES RAMS HEAD COACH SEAN MCVAY! SEAN, YOU SAID YOUR UNIFORMS HAVEN’T BEEN GETTING AS CLEAN AS YOU WOULD LIKE THROUGH TRADITIONAL WASHING TECHNIQUES?!

…ow. My ears are ringing. I didn’t say anything about the uniforms being dirty. They’re designed in that color. How did you get in here, anyway?

I’M A GHOST, SEAN! I CAN GO THROUGH WALLS! NOW, WATCH ME USE THE POWER OF OXICLEAN TO MAKE THESE DINGY DULL UNIFORMS 

A SPARKLING WHITE!

Billy, no! They’re supposed to be that color! It’s called “bone” - just marketing speak I think. And please stop yelling!

SEAN, YOU CAN’T FOOL ME! THESE UNIFORMS WERE CLEARLY MEANT TO BE WHITE, AND THEIR CURRENT COLOR LOOKS LIKE BUTT! I’M WASHING THEM WITH OXICLEAN, NOW!

I can’t let you do that, Billy. I’m blocking the door to the laundry facility. 

GO AHEAD, SEAN! I’M A GHOST!

(the next day)

HI, GHOST OF BILLY MAYS HERE WITH THE LOS ANGELES RAMS’ NEW WHITE ALTERNATE UNIFORMS, ALL THANKS TO OXICLEAN! BONE, BE GONE!

(McVay sighs defeatedly)

As someone who likes the bone uniforms this is objectively hilarious.

I want the sequel where Ghost Billy Mays is still hanging around SoFi Stadium trying to get those "stains" out of the Chargers pants.

• LOL 1

8 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Yeah, I feel like I kind of gaslit myself into liking the Falcons uniforms but deep down I can't wait for them to be replaced and will be disappointed if it's not this coming offseason. They're just goofy looking. 

While we don't have a ton of good history, we are the 14th oldest franchise out of 32 and to me should wear a timeless look -- and we have plenty to fall back on. The disconnect is, as I have said before, Arthur Blank kind of put his stamp on the franchise by trying to keep the Falcons at the cutting edge (being tongue in cheek here) and it resulted in two really wonky uniforms. 

15th. Or did the Browns being deactivated reset it for you?

I'm assuming you consider the original AFL teams starting at 1970 since that's when they joined the NFL.

8 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

we are the 14th oldest franchise out of 32

The NFL's record books would probably have them as the 15th team to enter the league, but I think most people would consider them somewhere in the 20s in term of "oldest franchise".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

22 minutes ago, BBTV said:

The NFL's record books would probably have them as the 15th team to enter the league, but I think most people would consider them somewhere in the 20s in term of "oldest franchise".

Right, that's the point I was getting at. I have a coworker who is a Falcons fan, albeit kind of casually, and he thought they were an expansion team in the 90s. I don't blame him. It's not like we had any great moments before then...

and to tie it back to the purpose of this thread, he had never seen a pre-Glanville Falcons uniform. Showed him the 80s unis and he was like "whaaat???? those are amazing." I know man. I know.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Right, that's the point I was getting at. I have a coworker who is a Falcons fan, albeit kind of casually, and he thought they were an expansion team in the 90s. I don't blame him. It's not like we had any great moments before then...

and to tie it back to the purpose of this thread, he had never seen a pre-Glanville Falcons uniform. Showed him the 80s unis and he was like "whaaat???? those are amazing." I know man. I know.

Those would be good for a new set. Just use the current logo and add the 90's black jersey and helmet for an alternate, and the Falcons wouldn't have to change uniforms again for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Exactly my choice. 90s, early Vick era uniforms with the R/W/B/W/R pants stripe to better coordinate with the red helmet. Keep the new logo and maybe remove red from it to pop more on the red helmet . 

20 hours ago, Kiltman said:

wFep5fF.jpeg

7dR8XGf.jpeg

spacer.png

It can be an alt. I just wish they make the golden yellow more golden yellow instead of highlighter yellow and the cool and hip stuff they did. I rather see this without the St. Louis colors. Something like this with the ram horn like pattern over the sleeves (at the shoulder where it should be).

nfl-redesign-jersey-concept-l-a-rams.png

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1