2024 NFL Changes

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I’m talking more about horns shaped like Minnesota’s, but roughly the size and location of Philly’s wings. 

Why would tusks be above the eyes? Just seems like it would look off

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I’m liking the Texans’ new uniforms, besides the all-white combo.

The new number font looks nice, a solid modernization of their old font. The new shade of red noticeably pops more than the previous shade, to where I honestly don’t mind that they stuck to being navy-heavy (although a primarily red set still would’ve been cool). The horn motif on the sleeves looks really cool & is befitting of the brand.

Overall, instead of having disparate designs for each jersey, I think the home navy should have followed this general template, like the alternate red does. 

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

I’m liking the Texans’ new uniforms, besides the all-white combo.

The new number font looks nice, a solid modernization of their old font. The new shade of red noticeably pops more than the previous shade, to where I honestly don’t mind that they stuck to being navy-heavy (although a primarily red set still would’ve been cool). The horn motif on the sleeves looks really cool & is befitting of the brand.

Overall, instead of having disparate designs for each jersey, I think the home navy should have followed this general template, like the alternate red does. 

I agree. Would you go white horns or red on the home blues? 

On 9/14/2024 at 10:48 AM, Silver_Star said:

Like I said, this would work, but to be honest why would the Rams need a cream colored or a dingy uniform if they can have two primary royal blue and golden yellow and the alt being the navy blue and white, then have a golden yellow helmets and jersey combo for the alt color rush or maybe just a blue color rush with the golden yellow helmets.

I saw this on uni watch of this guy's Rams concept. I think some parts need slight work,
image2-24-1024x850.png

image3-18-1024x850.png

I wish his 4th alt was the navy blue and white one so the golden yellow and royal blue defaults can stand out with a 4th different uniform, but oh well.

Yeah I don't think they need any bone/cream in the uniform anywhere. I was just saying that the bone would be more tolerable if it was part of a coherent set. Even though they're an old franchise, the clean white with royal & yellow is a better look and fits better for a team playing in Southern California.

Get rid of the mono-blue and that's pretty close to a perfect Rams set.

9 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I wanted to like Giants-Commanders more than I already did because of the return of gold pants. This is one of the instances where I think blue pants would help New York

spacer.png

I was just happy the Giants wore red socks. Looked great and obviously better than white socks.  I don't think blue pants would add much considering the last time the Giants wore blue pants was like 45-50 years ago. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I was just happy the Giants wore red socks. Looked great and obviously better than white socks.  I don't think blue pants would add much considering the last time the Giants wore blue pants was like 45-50 years ago. 

Is the late 70s that long ago? Damn I'm old 🤪

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

It's where I sit.

35 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I wanted to like Giants-Commanders more than I already did because of the return of gold pants. This is one of the instances where I think blue pants would help New York

spacer.png

If they wore their grey pants it would've been close to a classic matchup between them.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Harrowing reality, ain't it? 🙃 (I ain't that far behind you, while I'm over here talking.)

Anyway, kindly taking this time to post up those 1966 roadies while wondering if Big Blue would ever consider switching to something based on these:

bbu9yzbtbuh23uzeeazn.jpg

(Minus the gigantor-sized helmet numbers, of course...unless they really wanted to lean into the GIANTS thing by having GIANT front helmet numbers...just' sayin'...)

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

If they wore their grey pants it would've been close to a classic matchup between them.

I'll never understand why the Giants have two completely different templates for their dark and white uniforms. I thought when they first went to the 'updated throwback' back in 2000 it was brilliant, but they gradually removed ALL the blue from their white uniform, ditched the gray pants entirely, while the dark home jersey has NO red at all...

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

I'll never understand why the Giants have two completely different templates for their dark and white uniforms. I thought when they first went to the 'updated throwback' back in 2000 it was brilliant, but they gradually removed ALL the blue from their white uniform, ditched the gray pants entirely, while the dark home jersey has NO red at all...

To me, the Giants road jersey is one of the most nonsensical designs in football. "Big Blue" is wearing zero blue below the helmet. I get that it's based on how the uniform was historically designed, but it makes no sense to me in the modern day. It looked better when worn with gray pants, but even then I was never a big fan. Given the choice, I'd change the Giants' uniforms to the 80s design full-time tomorrow.

• Like 1

Are the Giants really referred to as "Big Blue" in any kind of serious way?  I'm obviously not a Giants fan so I don't know if their fans refer to them colloquially as "Big Blue" the same way that fans of the Eagles (and I assume other bird-themed teams) refer to them as "the birds".  Does the team lean into that from a marketing standpoint?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Anecdotally - lately I've been thinking about differences in eras in sports.  Like, growing up as a kid in the 80s and 90s, a card or a pennant from the 50s and 60s just felt ancient. 20-30 years seemed to make a huge difference. And now as a middle-aged guy, I think back to sporting events in the 90s and it feels like they happened 10-15 years ago, if that lol. "No way Dan Marino retired nearly 25 years ago" haha

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Applause 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I assume they must have had a hard time making the horns look right on the navy jerseys. White horns would look too imbalanced, red horns wouldn't contrast enough. But the idea was too good to scrap entirely, so they just kept it on the road and alternate.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12