College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

6 hours ago, WBeltz said:

I've never been a huge fan of dark-light-dark colors in uniforms setups, but this'll look good on TV regardless.

On paper I probably generally agree with you, but as aforementioned, it feels particularly appropriate for the Golden Gophers. And maybe  because it's a very autumnal color scheme, but it just screams classic B1G fall football to me.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Colorado's new uniforms are finally out in the real world. These almost feel like a downgrade from their classic unis.

Ah yes, the classic “sideways mountains” design on the pants. We were longing for that style to appear rotated at a 90 degree angle.

It gets worse. They slapped a white mask on the helmets.

Colorado used to have one of the best designs in college.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Webfooter said:

Colorado's new uniforms are finally out in the real world. These almost feel like a downgrade from their classic unis.

Jeez, you have to go back to the Dan Hawkins era of CU football to see a :censored: show on display like this!

• Yawn 1

2483115_nxeosjolm2c981k_full.jpeg

13 minutes ago, FriedPickles said:

Jeez, you have to go back to the Dan Hawkins era of CU football to see a :censored: show on display like this!

Minus the weird Nike shoulder dots, I actually liked the Hawkins' era Buffs. Mainly because they worked silver into the uniform in a nice way.

tyler_hanson_2009.jpg

• Like 6

jNTsTyQ.png

Wish Minnesota's pants stripe was yellow-maroon-yellow. Yellow and white blend in to each other too much in striping. You can only tell the colors apart on close up shots of the pants. Otherwise it appears as a single light colored stripe running down the side of the maroon pants, not three stripes.

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

That's a bit much. I think there's enough contrast between black and cardinal red. I could see if UAPB was playing a team wearing a  dark maroon like Texas A&M or Mississippi State, but that seems unnecessary.

• Like 9

Hotter Than July > Thriller

51 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Arkansas Pine Bluff was given a 15 yard penalty to begin each half for not wearing uniforms that contrasted enough against Arkansas. The penalty was declined.

GWMYB6xWAAARIcA?format=jpg&name=large

Don't Arkansas and Mizzou do this uniform look every year? Do they get penalized too?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Colorado uniform just looks confused. Matte, glossy, and chrome finishes all over. Can’t tell if it’s supposed to be a black and white uniform with some gold or a black and gold uniform with some white. Tries to be minimal and modern/flashy at the same time.

The mountains are a good idea, but don’t work in practice. Especially with the shape they are – on the shoulder cap they don’t “rise” until they’re nearly out of space, so it ends up looking really unbalanced. And the mountain pant stripe obviously doesn’t work.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Arkansas Pine Bluff was given a 15 yard penalty to begin each half for not wearing uniforms that contrasted enough against Arkansas. The penalty was declined.

GWMYB6xWAAARIcA?format=jpg&name=large

Weirdly, this is not the first time something like this has happened in an Arkansas game, in case anyone remembers this fiasco from 2017: https://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/famu/2017/08/31/rattlers-penalized-arkansas-game-illegal-jerseys/623526001/

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."