College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

14 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

the vegas gold, dark Green and white was a look Baylor owned.  Now it  could be Packers, Edmonton, NDSU. 

Why did they switch from Vegas Gold? Was there any reason? I know that for a while the basketball team had different colors to.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Why did they switch from Vegas Gold? Was there any reason? I know that for a while the basketball team had different colors to.

I don’t believe the school had a contract with one company before Nike. Each sport had their own deal. Some sports opted for Vegas gold and others opted for athletic gold. Nike standardized the colors for all sports. I’m guessing Baylor made the final decision on which gold to use. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, illini1 said:

I don’t believe the school had a contract with one company before Nike. Each sport had their own deal. Some sports opted for Vegas gold and others opted for athletic gold. Nike standardized the colors for all sports. I’m guessing Baylor made the final decision on which gold to use. 

This was kind of how things were at Kennesaw State before they actually created brand guidelines. I think everyone was using Russell, but there were instances of teams using a vegas gold instead of a yellow gold, and in some cases our teams even wore burgundy and gold. We were all over the place.

2 hours ago, WBeltz said:

The official reason is probably that they wanted a cohesive color scheme across all sports. I think the unofficial reason was to distance themselves from the sexual assault that their football players committed while Art Briles was head coach.

• Like 5

spacer.png

9 hours ago, RedSeaHeath said:

Yawn.. the Baylor packers!

So how can Baylor wear these almost identical Packers unis with no issue, and Iowa wear identical Steelers unis with no issues but the loser Titans sent a cease and desist to Houston for wearing similar uniforms to a throwback they have only worn twice in 25 years?

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

42 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

So how can Baylor wear these almost identical Packers unis with no issue, and Iowa wear identical Steelers unis with no issues but the loser Titans sent a cease and desist to Houston for wearing similar uniforms to a throwback they have only worn twice in 25 years?

Because they didn't use official school colors, and the Adams' are crappy towards anything with the name Houston.

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, Rygi13 said:

Throwback helmets for Illinois for the 100th Anniversary of their stadium.
Incredible. I think the "Illinois" or "Illini" helmets should be a full-time look.

The Illinois one never should have left. The white on orange is underrated.

I had a vision a few years ago that the Illini could solve their set consistency by just making the "I" on the helmet plain white.

k0swRgF.jpeg

ZyMGX0C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

14 hours ago, burgundy said:

The official reason is probably that they wanted a cohesive color scheme across all sports. I think the unofficial reason was to distance themselves from the sexual assault that their football players committed while Art Briles was head coach.

And the basketball team, where one player killed another and the head coach tried to cover it up. Someone on Twitter said the best they ever looked was the Mike Singletary era. But that's the most mismatched uniform ever. Old gold helmet, athletic gold pants stripes and a slightly different gold trim on the numbers. 

63-mike-singletary-079018249jpg.jpg

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

The Illinois one never should have left. The white on orange is underrated.

I had a vision a few years ago that the Illini could solve their set consistency by just making the "I" on the helmet plain white.

k0swRgF.jpeg

ZyMGX0C.jpeg

I feel that they still need blue as an outline.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

And the basketball team, where one player killed another and the head coach tried to cover it up. Someone on Twitter said the best they ever looked was the Mike Singletary era. But that's the most mismatched uniform ever. Old gold helmet, athletic gold pants stripes and a slightly different gold trim on the numbers. 

63-mike-singletary-079018249jpg.jpg

Bonus problem: they forgot to outline the inside of the O in BAYLOR.

• Like 4
  • WOAH 2

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

3 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Bonus problem: they forgot to outline the inside of the O in BAYLOR.

I never noticed that. I wonder how many other teams had that issue? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

It remains to be seen what or if the Packers have to say about Baylor's new uniforms. At least their pants stripes differ from GB's me basic braishers, and unless Baylor plans on pairing yellow helmets and pants with green/white jerseys as a primary option (pay attention to that), then Baylor should be okay.

As for the situation with Iowa and the Steelers, one simple word: CONSENT. The Steelers granted Iowa (specifically, Hayden Fry, Hawkeyes coach at the time) that consent a long, long time ago...45 years ago, in fact, in 1979. He wanted his team to look like winners, and so since Iowa has the same colors as the Steelers, Fry asked the Steelers for permission, and they granted it. 

Neither of those situations equate to what's going on between the Snatit and the Cougars. That's an obvious case of spite, pretty much on both sides—Houston first by rolling our near-exact replicas of actively-trademarked IP without requesting permission from its owners (that'd be the Adams family), being C&D'd...then deciding they're gonna do it again anyway, and on the Snatit's side, very obviously rubbing pretty much all of [the city of] Houston's nose in it by wearing Oiler throwbacks—which it's their perogative to do—against the team from the same city those uniforms used to represent. The whole thing smacks of some high-school sophomore girls at the height of their periods level of petty bickering. 

TL; DR: Iowa asked and got permission from the Steelers 45 years ago. The Houston Cougars did not ask permission from the Titans and did it anyway. That's the difference. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’ve always associated the “ILLINOIS” helmet as the definitive look for them.

Simeon Rice and Kurt Kittner would agree with you:

91KbvdZ9jRL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

kurt-kittner.jpg?s=612x612&w=gi&k=20&c=k

As would I.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

22 hours ago, RedSeaHeath said:

Yawn.. the Baylor packers!

They aren't totally the same as the Packers - the jerseys and pants have matching stripes here.

Still, this looks like a cheap catalog order. So did the uniforms they're replacing. It's such a shame that the bear claw uniforms are tied to Briles and the scandal, because they could have just recolored those and changed the font and been set for another decade at least.

Baylor, Mizzou, Wake, Oklahoma State, etc. There seems to be a trend recently of power conference schools throwing away unique designs to look like a low-budget MAC school instead when they could surely do better with their budgets.

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

15 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Simeon Rice and Kurt Kittner would agree with you:

91KbvdZ9jRL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

kurt-kittner.jpg?s=612x612&w=gi&k=20&c=k

As would I.

Especially when they added the little bit of orange and white trim to the blue jersey.

540717.jpg.0.jpg

DlT3QuzXgAAfWxS_900x722.jpg

This is why I feel the current Illinois uniforms are nice but not really "Fighting Illini" uniforms. I've just never thought of them as a UCLA stripe team (compared to Syracuse).

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

They aren't totally the same as the Packers - the jerseys and pants have matching stripes here.

Still, this looks like a cheap catalog order. So did the uniforms they're replacing. It's such a shame that the bear claw uniforms are tied to Briles and the scandal, because they could have just recolored those and changed the font and been set for another decade at least.

Baylor, Mizzou, Wake, Oklahoma State, etc. There seems to be a trend recently of power conference schools throwing away unique designs to look like a low-budget MAC school instead when they could surely do better with their budgets.

I would argue that OSU is more so them going  back to their time when Barry Sanders was there. Just with multiple colors.
spacer.png

Wake Forest is interesting because these uniforms I thought were a surefire hit:

spacer.png

But they removed the cap details and instead put the WF on the side. However they always seems fine as simple and basic.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1