College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Believe we saw a leak of the jersey, but here’s the full Tennessee smokey gray update. Most notable features include the state flag design on the sleeves, chest wordmark, and asymmetrical helmet and pants stripes. Otherwise it’s pretty standard affair from what we’ve come to know the smokey grays as.

Didn't need Tennessee on the chest as this would clearly still be Vols uni without it.  The helmet stripe is different but the smoky mountain helmet is still a great alternate helmet. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This is from a beta version, so it's probably not everything, but here's the ones all the ones that are confirmed in the game. Spoilers in case you wanted to save for the reveal.

Spoiler

It's pretty much all the team's standard sets. Very limited special edition alternates and only like three throwbacks.

The new Cal sets aren't in the game yet. The new Indiana and NIU ones are, unfortunately both are boring and suck.

Oddly enough, the previous Iowa State and Virginia Tech sets are in the game, and they say 2023 in front of them. Colorado's uniforms also say 2023 in front of them, implying a new set.

The Oregon uniforms don't match up with what Matt Brown saw, so hard to say if he misremembered or played a different version.

• Like 4

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Oregon apparently only sent their 2021-23 uniforms to EA to prevent any leaks of their new set. The new unis will be added later:

Not surprised but I wish this info would have been more directly put out, rather than having all the speculation. EA hasn't been very upfront about all the future updates and what content will be coming with the game vs coming later on. 

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

Possible further changes for Ole Miss in addition to the new powder blue accented white uniform. The gist is that some of these images show the new Nike template while also tweaking things such as the color and outline color of the chest script, the jersey swoosh, and the pants swoosh.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2024 at 9:56 PM, Germanshepherd said:

This is from a beta version, so it's probably not everything, but here's the ones all the ones that are confirmed in the game. Spoilers in case you wanted to save for the reveal.

Reveal hidden contents

It's pretty much all the team's standard sets. Very limited special edition alternates and only like three throwbacks.

The new Cal sets aren't in the game yet. The new Indiana and NIU ones are, unfortunately both are boring and suck.

Oddly enough, the previous Iowa State and Virginia Tech sets are in the game, and they say 2023 in front of them. Colorado's uniforms also say 2023 in front of them, implying a new set.

The Oregon uniforms don't match up with what Matt Brown saw, so hard to say if he misremembered or played a different version.

Some that are noticeably missing and hopefully are patched in, or are helmets that just aren't shown as they are independent of a certain combo (which happens in Madden sometimes too):

Air Force Space Force, RedTails, et al special alts. 

Arizona "Cats" helmet

Arizona State Sparky helmet Included in 7/19 release

Boise State's new blue script "Broncos" helmet and both the blue and orange state logo helmets

Boston College bandana alternate helmet

Cal's royal blue Joe Kapp throwback (looks like a yellow helmet is in the game though)

Cincinnati black helmet with white facemask Included in 7/19 release

Duke cursive script "Duke" helmet in either white or blue Blue helmet with script included in 7/19 release

East Carolina's script "Pirates" helmets Included in 7/19 release

Florida Atlantic's Palm Tree helmets (look like it's just the number on the right side)

Illinois' throwback "Illini" and "Illinois" helmets Both included in 7/19 release

Memphis's gray helmet with blue facemask (Memphis has an amazing number of uniforms in this game)

Miami's new blackout set

Michigan State's throwback block S helmet Included in 7/19 release

Mississippi State's 90s throwback set (MSU fan blog had a graphic showing these would/should be in the game)

Oregon's 90s throwbacks (they have to be in the game at some point, right? May not be included as 2024 sets are somewhat a throwback in 8/8 release)

Tennessee's new Smoky set and the 2023 gray set

Texas Tech no-bevel alternate throwback helmets they've worn (both white and black)

UNLV's "Rebels" helmet (plus a few other UNLV alternate helmets) Rebels helmet in 7/19 release

Washington State's' gray script "Cougars" throwback helmet Included in 7/19 release

Army/Navy game unis from the last few years

Wish the 2023 sets for Purdue, Indiana, Oregon State, TCU and Texas Tech were also included but not a showstopper (might be able to create in TeamBuilder).

After watching gameplay videos it looks like Auburn's helmet decals are larger than they should be, and the  BYU, Texas A&M and Wyoming helmet decals are much smaller than they should be. 

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 7/11/2024 at 11:21 AM, Germanshepherd said:

I like these MTSU and Purdue sets a lot more after knowing they’re old sets repurposed and not just stripes for stripes sake (if there is such a thing). I know I’ve praised the traditional boom this offseason, but it was starting to look like Nike was just reusing the same two templates.

I mean, aren't the old designs just the two templates that were used back then?

People forget about what I actually talked about here on one of the pages.

Vanderbilt University did the same route as the Dallas Cowboys and decided to spend a little bit of money on their uniform pants from a different manufacturer which is slightly cheaper than making mass amounts of helmets that is expensive if the owners had their own painting group within the team which will make it even more expensive.

I realize that owners would rather spend the money on the athletes (which is suitable and the best reason ever) than to spend lots of money on making sure they get the right painters on their staff to color coordinate helmets and uniforms which then they have to spend money on the manpower to even do that and that would be more than one person doing that which will be too expensive for the owners.

It's cheaper to let Riddell, Schutt, etc. do the helmets and those companies already have the team decals because the teams usually send those in by January which is the deadline. The logos and stripe designs that are put on the helmets usually are send out by the art team to Riddell, Schutt, etc. and other various vendors like Nike (God forbid) for the jerseys, pants, socks, etc. But the helmet decals are sent in between November to January to start the next season production. Usually, the secondary or third helmets are made during the summer and the videos they send when the team is about to wear them takes place during the summer.

I like to get paid by Riddell, Schutt, etc. just doing the team helmets, decal, and uniforms. But you have to be REALLY steady for that job because one mistake can cost you. And those people get paid over $20 an hour possibly. You never know.

• Huh? 1

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

IMG-8693.jpg
Rice gets a new Northwestern stripe set.

White pants are also available. 

I would have liked to see them do a wing design on the sleeves, but knowing Adidas it'd be that tiny wing instead of something like Oregon has on the helmets.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I would have liked to see them do a wing design on the sleeves, but knowing Adidas it'd be that tiny wing instead of something like Oregon has on the helmets.

Louisville has had plenty of various Adidas wing patterns over the last decade.

usa_today_10299044.0.jpgusatsi_17190224_168388606_lowres.jpga30de3f4-889f-477a-91a6-3fbcb00a1f23-UofLvsBostonCollege_15.jpg?crop=3416,1922,x0,y280&width=660&height=372&format=pjpg&auto=webp

• Like 1

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

7 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

IMG-8693.jpg
Rice gets a new Northwestern stripe set.

White pants are also available. 

That white uniform is a mess.

- Northwestern stripes and contrasting sleeve cuffs on the jersey.

- Braisher stripes on the silver helmet that don't match anything else.

- No stripes on the pants.

It's like each piece of the uniform was chosen by a different person, and none of them communicated.

• Like 6

spacer.png

The Ducks will be releasing their second new uniform this Thursday and it’ll be highlighted by the return of the O helmets. Towards the end of this clip they show off the new helmet and, although it’s not the original mallard finish, it is a shiny apple green with metallic flakes instead of the anodized satin that they’ve been wearing since 2015:

The rest of the uniform won’t resemble the Harrington uniforms, but it will draw on what came before him…

• Like 9
  • Love 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

IMG-8704.jpg
New away look for Miami University. 

Basically a riff on the 49ers throwbacks. 

Not a fan of three different white helmets, especially since the one with the actually interesting stripe has asymmetrical logo, and the one with the proper colored M makes it three striping patterns for the entire uniform. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Cal joins the ranks of teams going with a simplified look. 

Joe Roth throwback set is noticeably missing but they have adapted that helmet to use a Navy block C vs the throwback royal that is used with that as they did for some games last year. may see it later this year but that was usually saved for UCLA/USC. may not see that jersey again until the UCLA 4 game series in a couple years

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

13 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Ah they went the modern Joe Roth throwback route.

Pretty good set, but upset that there’s no gold jersey, I felt that was their strongest home look. 

This will probably come at a later date. i wouldnt be surprised to see a special jersey for the Stanford game, which is at home this year 

• Like 1

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5