Los Angeles Clippers Rebrand

CitizenTino

13 hours ago, Survival79 said:

vcNoeoP.png

I'll be honest, I don't even really like the the San Diego Clippers logo here, it just doesn't come off like a logo that belongs in the NBA. Without the text it's actually a solid alternate but would be a pretty weak main logo for an NBA team.

The new Los Angeles logo is much better and has a lot of interpretations which makes it pretty cool to me.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

bSLCtu2.png

On 3/11/2024 at 3:34 PM, truepg said:

And that, ladies and gentlemen, should've been the basis for the main team's logo. As if someone was writing down all the notes after the official unveil for this....

I feel the same way about the Iowa Wolves having a superior rendering of the Timberwolves logo. It's truer to the original logo that people love for some reason.

Mixed feelings on several levels with the D-league San Diego Clippers, though. The first is that it would have looked better in the original light blue and orange if you're going to go back to that name. The other is, should they have gone back to that name? There's something that doesn't sit right with me about suggesting a departed major-league team's old IP for a minor-league replacement. I felt the same way about the Connecticut Whale as farm team for the Rags. It's kind of a dunk on them that they'll never be invited back to the big table, but they can live on as a feeder for a city you used to not like.

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

17 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

I feel the same way about the Iowa Wolves having a superior rendering of the Timberwolves logo. It's truer to the original logo that people love for some reason.

Mixed feelings on several levels with the D-league San Diego Clippers, though. The first is that it would have looked better in the original light blue and orange if you're going to go back to that name. The other is, should they have gone back to that name? There's something that doesn't sit right with me about suggesting a departed major-league team's old IP for a minor-league replacement. I felt the same way about the Connecticut Whale as farm team for the Rags. It's kind of a dunk on them that they'll never be invited back to the big table, but they can live on as a feeder for a city you used to not like.

Yeah, I am a little conflicted with the name as well. I think it works out okay for a few reasons ...

• It's been 40 years since the team left San Diego.
  • Donald Sterling doesn't own the Clippers anymore.
  • There's not much of a demand for a NBA team in San Diego.
  • Nostalgia points will sell some tickets.

Granted, I don't feel like this would work in Kansas City, Seattle and Vancouver. But, maybe Cincinnati? Baltimore? 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I like that they're at least keeping that logo particularly in San Diego. The way I view it, the logo belongs to the city because of its history there and it would be a little weird to see it used within a rival city.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Dynasty said:

I like that they're at least keeping that logo particularly in San Diego. The way I view it, the logo belongs to the city because of its history there and it would be a little weird to see it used within a rival city.

Solid theory as to why they made the decision they did.

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 3/13/2024 at 4:51 PM, VikWings said:

The new Clippers logo still looks more like a cruise ship than a clipper ship. I feel like if you look at it from the side view it will have the Dolphins logo on it.

Of course this is all brought to us by Aquafresh!

• 2 weeks later...