Los Angeles Clippers Rebrand

CitizenTino

5 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

The r/LAClippers subreddit seems to have found a black-and-white trademark of the new primary logo:

spacer.png

Matches the partial "C" logo found on Paul George's pregame outfit. Another roundel, but probably the sharpest brand they've had since moving to Los Angeles? Curious to see how much red and blue are on the final version.

• Like 5

Looks like another red and navy color scheme à la '10s  Hawks, but I don't hate what I'm seeing, and it could look sharp.

The supposed primary logo, though, has too much going on with everything thrown into one, similarly to the forced basketball in the Hornets' logos. Also, that capital C which might be intended to depict compass directions, I suppose, and is seen as a partial logo on the players attire, resembles a target sign to me more.

EDIT: No sign of black is definitely an unexpected positive.

Edited by truepg

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 15
  • Love 6
  • Applause 6
  • Dislike 1

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 15
  • Love 3
  • Applause 4
  • Hurl 1

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Really surprised by this turn for the rebrand. It's much more of a throwback to classic Clippers than I expected with the script wordmark; I thought we were trying to forget about those decades of unpleasantness. Main logo looks more like an obnoxious superyacht than any sort of clippership, which seems fitting. But the fonts are nice. Overall package is astoundingly logical and not galaxy-brained for a modern NBA brand.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

spacer.png

Surprised not by the rebrand but even the early reveal.....the early random reveal.

Overall I'd give this an 8/10. Most of the logos (the alt ones) are great. As mentioned above, the main logo looks like a cruise ship. Maybe if they were in San Diego, it'd be ok. 

As for the uniforms, the white one is the best of the bunch. I think with both the red and navy jerseys, the wordmark and number colors should be switch (i.e. white clippers on navy and red numbers, white clippers on red navy numbers). Love the use of the nautical flags on the jerseys as well.

• Like 13

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

This is really nice. My only complaint is not bringing back the San Diego colors. I know there's a touch of powder blue here and there but it doesn't stand out enough.

The best part is finally having a real logo for the first time since... 1982. Holy crap, this was long overdue.

Random observation, but the overall look reminds me of the Twins' uniforms. Specifically the number font and how the color scheme is used.

• Like 19

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Clearly an upgrade, but I'm not in love overall.

As noted above, the Twins that were the first thing that came to mind. However, I think the Twins executed it better. The contrast with the wordmarks on the red/blue jerseys is an issue imo. The amount of  space between the wordmark and number also feels awkward.

The logo is a big miss for me. I'm just so tired of roundels. The NBA already has a problem with an ever increasing corporatized templated feel. All these new logos having the same style doesn't help.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Telemundo219 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not a huge fan of the navy, but given the nautical theme it makes sense. Kinda wish they’d gotten rid of black altogether (that is the script color on white and red jerseys, right?), and scripts on blue and red jerseys could use white outlines. 

All that said? This is a huge leap forward from the various colors of garbage they’ve worn for…what, close to a decade now?

1 minute ago, MCM0313 said:

Not a huge fan of the navy, but given the nautical theme it makes sense. Kinda wish they’d gotten rid of black altogether (that is the script color on white and red jerseys, right?), and scripts on blue and red jerseys could use white outlines. 

All that said? This is a huge leap forward from the various colors of garbage they’ve worn for…what, close to a decade now?

There is no black on the uniforms

Massive upgrade.  My only problem?

r1295056_1631x380cc.png&w=570&format=jpg

The C-boat logo doesn’t look like a compass so much as a submarine targeting the ship to destroy it head on.

That being said, whatever!  It's so much better than what it was before.

• Like 14
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter