24-25 NBA changes

DJT

1 minute ago, DJT said:

Yep. This is what I was afraid of. League rules I’m sure say they have to keep the black and yellow main set for another year. Here’s to hoping they can just wear purple until January. 

The thing is, the black jersey isn't technically part of the main set (Association/icon), the yellow jersey was before abandoning it entirely.

Just a complete disaster all around.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 minute ago, DJT said:

That fall 25/26 city edition I’m just gonna speculate it’s a light blue uniform. 

Same. Hopefully one that says Jazz. Though, I’m not entirely against a sunset version, maybe with Delicate Arch?

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Obviously it's a big upgrade for the Jazz, but I do wish they put the team name on one of those jerseys.

If you look super super closely on the purple city edition it says Jazz on the shorts on one leg haha. Black jersey says Utah. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJT said:

Does any other team unveil jerseys they will wear in future seasons like the Jazz?

Clippers did last year but at least we only had to wait half a season to see them in action

• Like 3

I guess the Jazz worked with Doubleday & Cartwright on this design too. They did the Bucks and Inter Miami. And will be doing the Utah hockey team. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, DJT said:

Does any other team unveil jerseys they will wear in future seasons like the Jazz?

Chicago White Sox debuted their current look towards the end of the 1990 season and even wore the look for the last handful of games.

bSLCtu2.png

Additionally, the Clippers also changed jerseys mid-season (around Christmas) in 1982, going from the baby blue and orange to R,W, B.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

For clarity:

2024-25

N9WPWvE.png

2025-26

ZUxR1T8.png

It sucks the two black/yellow unis just can’t get phased out entirely this year.

but I fw the black mountain jersey

I've wanted to see a team try a purple/light blue/black color scheme for a really long time, and while this certainly could've been executed better I still like it. The black statement in particular is a stunner.

ExJworW.png

Man, the yellow and black set reminds me of the Islanders' Fisherman set.  It's like they knew it was a terrible idea from the set, which is why they pushed the purple so hard in the unveiling.  And now they're awkwardly trying to cover up the fact that they ever existed.  What a failure on every level.

As for the new ones, I don't like them that much.  I've never liked the mountain era, but these are somewhat better.  I just don't understand why people like those jerseys so much (other than nostalgia/success) when the J-note word mark is one of the most creative and iconic designs in the league.

• Like 1

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

Huge, massive upgrade. This should be their forever look. Glad to see another team that's committed to representing its market ahead of a nickname - besides, the J-note black alternate is essentially a "Jazz" wordmark. I hope the NHL team shares this color scheme.

• Like 9

the user formerly known as cdclt