Jerseys You Own Just Because They Look Nice

Apologies if this has been brought up before ...

Are there any jerseys you own just because they look nice? And you have no other connection to or affinity for the team?

I recently bought a Portland Timbers home jersey from last season with Alaska Airlines still as the sponsor pretty much just because I love the look of it and I got a good deal on it. But I don't follow the Timbers at all and wouldn't consider myself a fan. 

Turns out I'm just a sucker for a tonal plaid/diamond pattern. I also have a Bayern Munich home jersey from 2018-19 in my closet that I bought for pretty much the same reason. I rationalized it because Alphonso Davies joined Bayern that year, but I never got his name/number on the back. 

Anyone else?

Edited by officeglenn
  • Like 1

I've got 3 jerseys that would fit here. The 2018-19 Olympique Marseille Home Jersey2018-19 RB Leipzig Home Jersey and the 2018 Nigeria WC Home Jersey. Funny enough I bought all of them at the same time along with a personalized Chelsea jersey (but I'm a Chelsea fan so I don't count that). I guess I'd say that I'm a sucker for shoulder details based on the Marseille and Leipzig jerseys.

• Like 2

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

2000 White Vikings Jeff George. Was looking for bigger names of the era on ebay, etc. but they were just so expensive. So I got the George one and I think it's a beautiful garment.

Seahawks slate blue Shawn Springs. LOVE that jersey. Went to Ebay and found a cheap one.

White Blues jersey I saw in a Starter outlet shop in the late 1990s. The version just before Reebok edge.

White Sabres starter replica from before they went to black/red.

What all these have in common is I bought them at least 20 years ago...I'm too old for this stuff now (But I haven't thrown them out, either).

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm not much of a jersey guy, but I have a pile of hats from teams that I couldn't care less about, I just liked the logo or the colors.  Most are either defunct NHL logos (most of which have since been brought back to life) or minor league baseball logos that I thought were cool.  I have a couple Whalers caps, hockey Rockies, Canucks skate, Coyotes kachina, Isles fisherman, Golden Seals, the OG Jets, a Thrashers hat which sadly doesn't really fit me too well and a couple more like those.  MiLB I have a couple Buffalo Bisons, Albuquerque Isotopes, Rocket City Trash Pandas, Burlington Sock Puppets.  Also a couple soccer teams, Portland Timbers, Celtic, Man Utd.  I probably have around 50 hats in my current rotation.  

• Like 2

I've since either gotten rid of or given most away, but...

- Joe Sakic burgundy Avalanche jersey (literally my first pro sports jersey purchase...afer my hometown Ice Pilots jersey which was nowhere near as nice

- Black Blasty Calgary Flames jersey (back then I thought it was cool as heck)

- Marshall Faulk St Louis Rams navy/gold jersey...with the gold side panels

- Personalized Pittsburgh Pirates white vest jersey (back when those still came with the separate undershirts)...because I always loved that look

- White Troy Polamalu Steelers jersey (that was one of my favorite ones there)

- Tamba Hali Chiefs jersey (boy if I still had that one...maaannnn....

- Inaugural Philadelphia Union navy shirt (and accompanying jacket and hatscarf)

- John Lynch Buccaneers creamsicle throwback jersey (one of three Bucs jerseys I've had; I still have two)

- Peyton Manning Colts jersey (although that was more because I lived in Indy at the time)

- Marcus Mariota navy Snatit jersey (the first one, not the sword-shoulder version)... those  jerseys really grew on me while living in Nashville

- Fauxback Kirby Puckett Twins powder blue jersey

- Drew Bledsoe blue Patriots flying Elvis jersey (with the NASCAR numbers)...second-favorite sports uniforms EVER.

-Teal Andre Dawson Florida Marlins throwback batting practice jersey

- Personalized Memphis Grizzlies 2023 City black jersey (still in love with that thing...and the matching cap that came with it)

- Gray Mark Stone VGK jersey (absolutely HAD to grab that while I could; debated getting a gold Keegan Kolesar, but I don't like reversed-out sleeve colors)

- White Adley Rutschman Orioles jersey (and white-front-panel cartoon bird cap...and black cartoon bird t-shirt)

- Cal Ripken Jr. orange Cooperstown Classic Orioles jersey.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I've got quite a few hats that are from teams I'm not a fan of but they look nice; purple D-Backs throwback, Missoula PowderHeads seafoam green, teal Cuyahoga Community College Triceratops, pink Pensacola Blue Wahoos. The only jersey I own because it looks nice and is my favorite hockey jersey of all time is this bad boy right here...

CCM | Shirts & Tops | Boys Vtg 9s Ccm Nhl Anaheim Mighty Ducks Hockey Jersey  Size Smallmedium | Poshmark

• Like 2
  • Love 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Bought 8 Reverse Retro 2.0's and not a single one belongs to the Canucks...  Don't regret a single purchase, especially now that the league is switching to Fanatics.  RR 2.0 was the final gasp for collectors.

• Like 2

On 3/11/2024 at 10:02 PM, officeglenn said:

Apologies if this has been brought up before ...

Are there any jerseys you own just because they look nice? And you have no other connection to or affinity for the team?

I recently bought a Portland Timbers home jersey from last season with Alaska Airlines still as the sponsor pretty much just because I love the look of it and I got a good deal on it. But I don't follow the Timbers at all and wouldn't consider myself a fan. 

Turns out I'm just a sucker for a tonal plaid/diamond pattern. I also have a Bayern Munich home jersey from 2018-19 in my closet that I bought for pretty much the same reason. I rationalized it because Alphonso Davies joined Bayern that year, but I never got his name/number on the back. 

Anyone else?

Absolutely. I have been collecting jerseys for years, and I have probably half of the MLB, I have an authentic '91 LA Rams, I have a Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, and Shawn Kemp Champion jersey. Now...I don't collect nearly as much as I used to (I'm now 43 years old), but I would have to imagine there are others like me who just collect their favorite jerseys no matter what team. And yes, I have plenty of jerseys from the teams I do truly love (the logos of which are in my signature).

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Portugal away shirt, the Euro 2020 mint green one.  I am not of Portuguese descent, I just really liked how it looks.

• Love 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 4 weeks later...

Despite living nearly 19 hours away from Denver by car, as well as having no connection with the city otherwise, I got the Adidas version of this jersey back in 2007. It’s still in my closet and it’s still in pretty good condition today. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

On 3/14/2024 at 2:37 PM, rmackman said:

Absolutely. I have been collecting jerseys for years, and I have probably half of the MLB, I have an authentic '91 LA Rams, I have a Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, and Shawn Kemp Champion jersey. Now...I don't collect nearly as much as I used to (I'm now 43 years old), but I would have to imagine there are others like me who just collect their favorite jerseys no matter what team. And yes, I have plenty of jerseys from the teams I do truly love (the logos of which are in my signature).

DUDE, sorry to change the subject, but just noticed the African Grey with you and your son in the profile pic. I have a Grey too! ☺️

@MCM0313 I do indeed! He's 34 years old, and been with me since I was about 9. Lifelong friends!

https://www.instagram.com/garfieldtheparrot

• Love 1

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png