24 MLB Season Thread

Gary

This timeline of timely (or untimely) Castellanos homers is crazy.  I think the one against the Royals in the middle of a eulogy is my favorite.

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2024/07/the-list-of-major-moments-preceding-a-nick-castellanos-homer-is-insane.html

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

This timeline of timely (or untimely) Castellanos homers is crazy.  I think the one against the Royals in the middle of a eulogy is my favorite.

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2024/07/the-list-of-major-moments-preceding-a-nick-castellanos-homer-is-insane.html

Maybe he can celebrate his buddy Brennaman getting a new job (PxP for CW football) by homering today 😏

Red Sox dropping four in a row after the All Star Break. Management will finally be able to justify not making any moves at the deadline to help the ball club now.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

14 hours ago, BBTV said:

Apparently the Queen one is a fake, unfortunately. But it's hard to top this new trifecta of his homer coming with the Biden news AND the Brennaman return. He's leveling up.

2 minutes ago, Digby said:

Apparently the Queen one is a fake, unfortunately. But it's hard to top this new trifecta of his homer coming with the Biden news AND the Brennaman return. He's leveling up.

He had a home run on the same day Colleen Ballinger released Toxic Gossip Train, the worst "non-apology apology" video ever.

colleen-ballinger-toxic-gossip-train-v0-URDGvbWsWkFBYMskB6RWJ52ANWk-Mvirn0UJkeEaHa4.jpg?auto=webp&s=2a7f6b93b8c2a0534612c36b851725a491bf3786

• WOAH 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 7/23/2024 at 10:38 AM, SFGiants58 said:

He had a home run on the same day Colleen Ballinger released Toxic Gossip Train, the worst "non-apology apology" video ever.

Odd how they never mention that one.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

14 minutes ago, udubfan19 said:

Guess whats wrong: 1JqQkfK.png

I'm pretty sure the Tigers are just who they're playing that day, not necessarily a tie-in to the '14 series. They play the Royals on the road this year.

(Unless you're referring to something else entirely that I'm completely missing)

27 minutes ago, Shumway said:

I'm pretty sure the Tigers are just who they're playing that day, not necessarily a tie-in to the '14 series. They play the Royals on the road this year.

(Unless you're referring to something else entirely that I'm completely missing)

odd to have the 14' reunion against the team they beat in 2012, though if it guarantees no-hitters they should continue.

9 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

I feel sad for White Sox nation.

You should feel more sad for Phillies nation, who are watching a total collapse, right after watching the Eagles suffer a historic collapse,   the Sixers with a first-round exit, and the Flyers with a sorta collapse.

The injured Braves will pass the Phillies by this time next week, which was unthinkable a month ago.

12 minutes ago, BBTV said:

You should feel more sad for Phillies nation, who are watching a total collapse, right after watching the Eagles suffer a historic collapse,   the Sixers with a first-round exit, and the Flyers with a sorta collapse.

The injured Braves will pass the Phillies by this time next week, which was unthinkable a month ago.

Until the Boston series last weekend when the Yankees from since mid-June until then had the second worst record in baseball at 11-24 after starting 49-21, the Yankees were in the same boat so don't worry I feel sad for you too. Hell, even in 2022 the Yanks went through the same thing (as pretty much everyone saw when I went crazy on the 2022 MLB thread LOL, do I dare call that thread TrueYankee26-jacked?) but that team recovered and still had a 99 win season and made the ALCS.

Even the Orioles and Dodgers have struggled in July, while the Athletics have been hot. What's up with that? This will surely be an exciting and wacky last two months of the season

• Like 1

On 8/3/2024 at 9:04 AM, BBTV said:

cba265dc-925f-4138-a933-0bd2a727a859_tex

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

On 8/2/2024 at 10:03 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

White Sox are going to lose more than 120 games, man I feel sad for White Sox nation. Y'all deserve better.

They lost 18 in a row, can they make it 20?

21, in a game featuring a team trying to be so bad that everyone will hate them before they move, and also the White Sox

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫