2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

14 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

That Jets endzone script is ENORMOUS.  CBS for now is using the scorebug from last year. Maybe regular season is when we see the Super Bowl one.

The game was on CBS New York, not the actual CBS network. Local broadcasts always borrow old graphics. What we saw during the Super Bowl is definitely going to happen.

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

13 hours ago, FriedPickles said:

The titans wearing their Columbia blue unis is like polishing a turd, that entire uni set is awful 

It’s still an improvement over their usual look. Obviously the design template is the same.  It just utilizes the color scheme in a far more interesting way and provides some contrast.

21 hours ago, ruttep said:

It's gonna look like 💩 for teams with a metallic colored helmet

Making a metallic-ish cover (like "dazzle" material) for it shouldn't be an issue.  If it becomes worth it, I'm sure they'll come up with ways to better match the helmets.

If they turn out to be popular, maybe the opposite will occur, and teams will make their regular helmets matte so as to match the guardian.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Why can’t the Titans look like this all the time? I truly don’t get why the navy is viewed as the better look within that organization.

Same with the Saints, who continue their tradition of getting everyone’s hopes up that the gold pants will carry over into the regular season.

I'm a Titans fan and hate the all navy and how navy dominant the current set and branding are. The two blues need to be nearly balanced but a little more light blue is better.. They looked amazing last night. Navy/light blue/white is easily their best combination and it should always be their home look. 

• Like 3

I'm torn with the Broncos wearing white socks. On the one hand, navy would have been the better option, and I suspect that will be said a lot this year. But on the other hand, at least it's uniform since the entire team is wearing white.

3 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

I'm torn with the Broncos wearing white socks. On the one hand, navy would have been the better option, and I suspect that will be said a lot this year. But on the other hand, at least it's uniform since the entire team is wearing white.

Doesn’t this apply to every team that does this?

4 hours ago, Rebuy said:

I'm a Titans fan and hate the all navy and how navy dominant the current set and branding are. The two blues need to be nearly balanced but a little more light blue is better.. They looked amazing last night. Navy/light blue/white is easily their best combination and it should always be their home look. 

Agree.  Titans need an overhaul and they need to embrace Light Blue & Red again, leaving Navy as a tertiary and eliminating the Silver & Gray altogether.

With their nemesis in Houston sticking with a Navy helmet, it makes sense for the Titans to return to the White shell, especially since they can easily use it for Oilers throwbacks.  Or, wear a Light Blue  helmet that would be similar to the XFL 2.0 Dallas Renegades, leaving the White lid for the throwback/alternate and doing an Away throwback to go with the Home...specifically just to wear them in Houston against the Texans.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Doesn’t this apply to every team that does this?

Yes, but I was watching the Broncos/Colts game today when I posted that, so I was thinking specifically about the Broncos. Hopefully the Broncos will wear navy socks or pants next time they wear the white jerseys.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Agree.  Titans need an overhaul and they need to embrace Light Blue & Red again, leaving Navy as a tertiary and eliminating the Silver & Gray altogether.

With their nemesis in Houston sticking with a Navy helmet, it makes sense for the Titans to return to the White shell, especially since they can easily use it for Oilers throwbacks.  Or, wear a Light Blue  helmet that would be similar to the XFL 2.0 Dallas Renegades, leaving the White lid for the throwback/alternate and doing an Away throwback to go with the Home...specifically just to wear them in Houston against the Texans.

The Titans have always been two tone blue and I'd hate to see them change a shade of blue for red. It's understandable why people love the Oilers look but to me it's for the Oilers. Using that color scheme on the Titans all the time would simply water it down. I think it's very similar to the creamsicle color scheme for the Bucs. It's awesome but if they changed to that full time it'd get old fast.

After seeing the Titans with a navy shell, I can't ever imagine them with a white shell again. During the last rebrand, I really wanted a light blue shell and hopefully one day they go that direction.

It's hard to screw up a NFL uniform combination where the helmet, jersey and pants are all different colors. I like all of the following(Steelers road, Browns home, Chargers home, Bengals home, Eli era Giants road, Cowboys silver/navy/white).  The navy/light blue/white combo for the Titans is great. Their current set wouldn't be so hated if they simply abandoned the all navy and their de facto looks were navy/light blue/white for home and navy/white/light blue for road games.

Preseason Week 2 (Part 2)
Commanders at Dolphins
wF74Vik.jpggmFC9CR.jpg
Bills at Steelers
tWFp4H9.jpg 94zydCO.jpg
Seahawks at Titans
6zKx6CH.jpgFuEC9Jq.jpg
Rams at Chargers
iJl3JED.jpg hjWB36v.jpg
Buccaneers at Jaguars
8QHKNL1.jpgLLtQ8me.jpg
Cowboys at Raiders
qzVxrfL.jpg EsszvfC.jpg
Packers at Broncos
B5xP8kc.jpgnFrbhih.jpg
Saints at 49ers
BNsstwH.jpgtwmVjn7.jpg

5 hours ago, Rebuy said:

The Titans have always been two tone blue and I'd hate to see them change a shade of blue for red. It's understandable why people love the Oilers look but to me it's for the Oilers. Using that color scheme on the Titans all the time would simply water it down. I think it's very similar to the creamsicle color scheme for the Bucs. It's awesome but if they changed to that full time it'd get old fast.

After seeing the Titans with a navy shell, I can't ever imagine them with a white shell again. During the last rebrand, I really wanted a light blue shell and hopefully one day they go that direction.

It's hard to screw up a NFL uniform combination where the helmet, jersey and pants are all different colors. I like all of the following(Steelers road, Browns home, Chargers home, Bengals home, Eli era Giants road, Cowboys silver/navy/white).  The navy/light blue/white combo for the Titans is great. Their current set wouldn't be so hated if they simply abandoned the all navy and their de facto looks were navy/light blue/white for home and navy/white/light blue for road games.

I need to make a correction:  I wasn’t advocating that they dump Navy, I just think they should reduce it to a tertiary color.  

With Houston sticking with a Navy helmet for the foreseeable future, it would make sense for the Titans to either A.) to their original White shell, which also makes Oilers throwbacks easy, or B.) be the only team in the league with a Light Blue helmet.  

Being predominantly Light Blue & White with Red & Navy accents will make their brand more distinct.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

Colts finally updated their endzone font and funny enough it had been upated in Madden since 2020 but for some reason they never changed it in real life until now.

Maddens 20-22 had the new font, Maddens 23-24 had the old font in the endzones.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I saw on a Cowboys forum their uniform schedule. 

Dallas will be in their regular navy blue jersey for preseason games against the Rams (as you just saw) and Chargers. For the regular season, it will be against the Lions, Panthers, and the home meeting against the Commanders.

Dallas will wear an alternate/throwback both times against the Giants, all white color rush for the road meeting against NYG and the navy blue throwback for the home meeting on Thanksgiving.

Dallas will also wear the white color rush when hosting the Bengals on MNF.

The poster on the Cowboys forum who shared the info seems credible or insightful. I've seen the person doing this since 2021.

• Like 1