2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

1 hour ago, HopewellJones said:

Fine I'll say it, the Lions look cool as hell. 

I don’t necessarily think they are good, but it’s a more cohesive look and fits the rest of their brand (stylistically in terms of template, obviously the black is BFBS) better than some of their other looks. The silver lid with all gray was horrible (especially with the white numbers). The same gray alt with the blue helmet was equally as bad. This black uni at least flows together.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I don’t necessarily think they are good, but it’s a more cohesive look and fits the rest of their brand (stylistically in terms of template, obviously the black is BFBS) better than some of their other looks. The silver lid with all gray was horrible (especially with the white numbers). The same gray alt with the blue helmet was equally as bad. This black uni at least flows together.

Gray alt with the blue helmet is worst uniform in Lions history by a mile. We make fun of their all-white and all-blue, and for good reason, but this was 100x worse. The "throwback" helmet with the modern Color Rush slop made no sense together.

spacer.png

• Like 5

9 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

Fine I'll say it, the Lions look cool as hell. 

I didn't particularly want black for Lions (although it was an easy choice if it was that or the dreadful dishwater gray they had been using), but I'll admit that they looked awesome. Would be better with some blue stripes on the pants, though.

• Like 4

The numbers on the Lions' jerseys didn't end up being as hard to read from a distance as I thought they'd be when they were unveiled.

Their decision to only have stripes on the silver pants and not any of the others is still puzzling to me. Their uniforms look incomplete whenever they aren't wearing silver pants.

• Like 3

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

35 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Tennessee and Miami in that awful look again. The Titans have yet to use the white tops and navy pants combo.

Miami looked great in aqua over white, not sure what you're talking about (I'd prefer the throwbacks, but that's as good a look as you'll get with their prinary set)

58 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

The numbers on the Lions' jerseys didn't end up being as hard to read from a distance as I thought they'd be when they were unveiled.

Their decision to only have stripes on the silver pants and not any of the others is still puzzling to me. Their uniforms look incomplete whenever they aren't wearing silver pants.

Someone did a mock on here about the blue pants having a modified stripe that was the helmet/sleeve stripe, but then it was a whole "thye'd need two sets of blue pants" thing so they could wear a pair with the black and with the blue. I think if anything the black pants, which SHOULDN'T be mixed with any other uniform element should have a stripe on it. That's what I think is weird. 

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

There's now at least 1 team in every division who has a black jersey. Albeit Detroit had one before.

Tennessee and Miami in that awful look again. The Titans have yet to use the white tops and navy pants combo.

The Titans look better wearing Columbia blue pants, even against the Dolphins, IMO. I just wish they would wear navy blue socks with them. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Agreed. It’s one thing that bugs me so much too when teams don’t have consistent pants patterns or designs throughout their set. It’s what kills me about the Saints uniforms. Only their gold pants have stripes, but not their black or white (non-color rush) pants. Either have stripes throughout or not at all, but preferably have stripes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kaleb_girod said:

Agreed. It’s one thing that bugs me so much too when teams don’t have consistent pants patterns or designs throughout their set. It’s what kills me about the Saints uniforms. Only their gold pants have stripes, but not their black or white (non-color rush) pants. Either have stripes throughout or not at all, but preferably have stripes.

I'm a Montana State fan, and we have the same issue and it drives me nuts. We have 3 sets of pants (gold, navy, and white) but only the white pants have a stripe. Why??? Why not just match them all???

• Like 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

8 hours ago, ruttep said:

Miami looked great in aqua over white, not sure what you're talking about (I'd prefer the throwbacks, but that's as good a look as you'll get with their prinary set)

The uniform matchup is what I'm talking about, back-to-back years of it. I don't know why this matchup gets a pass, but Carolina vs Jacksonville 2023 was ostracized.

7 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The Titans look better wearing Columbia blue pants, even against the Dolphins, IMO. I just wish they would wear navy blue socks with them. 

Maybe against certain other teams, but not the Dolphins. I wish Tennessee used the navy pants instead.

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

The uniform matchup is what I'm talking about, back-to-back years of it. I don't know why this matchup gets a pass, but Carolina vs Jacksonville 2023 was ostracized.

I find it more ridiculous that the NFL saw fit to put both editions of this matchup on MNF.